Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » KE25 with coil sprung out of Sprinter/AE70 Corolla ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mlaser
Regular

March 2003
KE25 with coil sprung out of Sprinter/AE70 Corolla ? Thu, 11 March 2004 04:30 Go to next message
Was talking to one of the ex owners of my ke25 and he suggested something coil sprung rear end in out of a Sprinter/AE70 Corolla. has anyone done/heard about this before as i think it would be a nice mod for the old ke.

all info greatly appreciated.
  Send a private message to this user    
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: KE25 with coil sprung out of Sprinter/AE70 Corolla ? Thu, 11 March 2004 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A few are getting around with 4 bar linkage rear ends (KE20's and KE25's but most of the ones I have seen are set up for drag racing). A bit of work to the underbody of the KE25 to set it up, though it can be done.

An interesting point: if you can find a book on the early 70's rally cars you will find the KE25 shaped car (a TE27 or something like that)that TTE used was setup with a 4 bar linkage.

I think?? The green KE20 that was known as Mr Enforcer had a 4 bar link rear end. His workshop does this kind of modifications so it may be a worthwhile point of contact. Just do a search on Mr Enforcer Engineering and it will come up.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: KE25 with coil sprung out of Sprinter/AE70 Corolla ? Thu, 11 March 2004 06:30 Go to previous message
it would be a good option. problem is that you basically need to fabricate all the mountings (for the 4 bars and the watts link/panhard rod), and this will require serious engineering and may not be road registerable...

that said, for a track car it would be very nice.. comine with a shiny set of coilovers Wink

KE70/AE86 will be maybe 3-4" wider too.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ra28 dash: pulling the top off
Next Topic:M electronic ignition conv
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Oct 24 15:15:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055561065673828 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.