Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » advice on exhaust systems.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Audi-Tone
Occasional Poster

July 2003
advice on exhaust systems. Thu, 11 March 2004 08:04 Go to next message
hey dudes,

atm i have a 2inch exhaust from the catback.
my question is if i install some 4-1 extractors (or 4-2-1) and a 2inch full exhaust will the rpm range increase?!?
at this time, i can rev the engine to about 6k no problems but anywhere beyond doesnt create anymore power at all and redline is about 5600

and if so, how much would this set me back? keeping in mind i only need the exhaust to go to the cat.

thanx Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: advice on exhaust systems. Thu, 11 March 2004 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
firstly what car/engine

if you have a 2" from the cat back get extractors then a strait threw cat. it wont increase your rpm range but you would gain more power within the rev range you all ready have.

why do you want to rev it past the red-line? the engine wouldnt make any more power after the red -line if it is stock.
Audi-Tone
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: advice on exhaust systems. Thu, 11 March 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh, i didnt really explain it that well..

cant give the exact model number but it's a 1.5dohc engine in the 96 cielo
what i would like to increase is it's acceleration(icantspell!) through the gears. ive timed the accel from 0-100km a few times and have come up with a time around 9.8-11.1 (9.8 with a good launch)
so yeh, extractors and a straight threw cat you say would incease accel?

thanx for your reply Smile
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: advice on exhaust systems. Thu, 11 March 2004 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

yeah it lets the engine breathe better do the extractors and change your airfilter to a k&N or the like and you will notice a pick up in accelaration.

when you got to an exaust place to ask about extractors ask if they do CAI kits (cold air induction).

do a search if you dont know what cai trust me its good if setup right.
Audi-Tone
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: advice on exhaust systems. Thu, 11 March 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i know about cai and the likes, thanx for the replys mate Smile
really appreciate it.
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: advice on exhaust systems. Thu, 11 March 2004 13:31 Go to previous message
As far as I know. It won't let the engine rev anymore than it did before. The exhaust setup wont affect the ammount of revs you can get - this will have a cut-off in your EFI computer.
But what extractors will do is give you power increase - no doubt about it:
eg, on mine. I put 4-1 extractors on. Loved them! I could really feel the extra top end power. Also sounded great but I got a leak and decided to buy a new set of 4-2-1 (pacemakers) these were even Better. The 4-2-1 design really helps the mid-range power delivery and boy could I feel it. I can feel the power come on a lot smoother, and If I had it on the Dyno I'm sure it would have a much more linear curve then with the 4-1 or the stock manifold.

But certainly look into it, and if you have the money go Mandrel bent - even more money: stainless Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Best suspension setup for an st162?
Next Topic:1.6 2A Engine ?????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Oct 23 20:44:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048708915710449 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.