Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Gaseous LPG Injection Fri, 12 March 2004 01:40 Go to next message
Has anyone else heard of this?
Its where LPG is injected into the manifold with one injection for each cylinder (like MPFI) instead of normal single point (carby) LPG, and controlled by a computer.

I'm looking at doing petrol engine transplant & want to keep the low running costs of the current engine but with more grunt.
Don't want to use normal LPG because doesn't give as good economy while cruising (closed loop is not as good)
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Gaseous LPG Injection Fri, 12 March 2004 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes.
yes..

closed loop can be good, i know that the Impcos give better ... everything since they are manifold referenced, and the closed loop systems aint that bad Wink

there are some ppl using Megasquirt to control LPG port injection. not sure what they used for injectors tho..

problem with lpg port inj is that it may not mix so well with the air (but i guess it can't be any worse than petrol Wink )

hmmm. will be interesting tho Very Happy

Cya, Stewart
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Gaseous LPG Injection Fri, 12 March 2004 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was under the impression that research into gaseous LPG injection had been all but abandoned because it's nearly impossible to accurately meter the fuel in gaseous form. There are companies out there working on liquid LPG injection which seems like a better idea to me, but last time I looked into it they were still having problems getting it reliable.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Gaseous LPG Injection Fri, 12 March 2004 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doh, i'm stoopid, forgot to read title properly Wink

MS ppl are doing LIQUID LPG injection, not gaseous.

i'm not sure there would be that much to be gained from doing port gaseous injection, since with a good convertor and mixer, and good runner design, you already get quite good mixing and distribution.. especially compared to petrol, which mixes very poorly.
Cya, Stewart
3T-GTE
Regular

August 2003
Re: Gaseous LPG Injection Fri, 12 March 2004 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Wagonist,

I have been looking into this for some time now...

You should speak to mrshin (forum member) as he is currently running / experimenting with a LPG injection setup.

There have been several mobs (One who was really doing well called Liquiphase - try googling it up) who have spent a fair amount of time developing this, but they all seem to disappear when they run out of funds.

I am currently running one of my vehicles on a GasResearch LPG setup (A 3T-GTE turbo powered TA-22) & works quite well. The larger sized throttle body is probably the biggest benefit, the total lack of throttle response is probably the biggest downfall.

I am waiting to hear how mrshin is going with his setup, & when has it sorted, will look at doing something similar.

You should really look into direct LPG injection.. one example why.. the cooling effect of injecting raw / unconverted LPG into the engine is very useful, especially if you are wanting to run higher boost.

I hope this helps,
3T-GTE.

[Updated on: Fri, 12 March 2004 03:35]

Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Gaseous LPG Injection Fri, 12 March 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm i have also heard about a liqufied LPG injection system up and running in sweden or some shit, supposed to be mega $$$$$$$ aswell.
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Gaseous LPG Injection Fri, 12 March 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
google this
there are a few mobs that have given this a go in liquid setup - sungas seems to ring a bell.

i run a ta22 with 4AGE and gas research throttle body. this is my second car with LPG and i'll be starting on my third car with LPG soon (VH with 308)

indeed speak with mrshin - he is working on this exact setup for his turbo sprinter...will be interesting to see how he goes. where are you shinny?
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Gaseous LPG Injection Fri, 12 March 2004 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know if called this the right thing.
There are real advantages in giving each cylinder it's own fuel, no starvation, timing, etc.

As I'm going to be converting my car from diesel & fwd to 4wd, I've got to change the fuel tank anyway. So, may as well ditch the fuel tank altogether & put the LPG tanks there instead.
I've also gotten used to doing 700+km on $50, so would like to keep this fuel down after the conversion.

I also want to add forced induction later, either supercharge or turbo (probably supercharge as it will be a lot easier to do to the engine I'm thinking about) & I don't like the idea of having fuel passing through the supercharger (particularly LPG).
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Gaseous LPG Injection Fri, 12 March 2004 10:13 Go to previous message
*finally appears from hiding place*

Yes, this is something I'm playing with right now, should hopefully have some results before TOO much longer too, just need to find time to put engine back into my car, then it's time to do some serious playing Evil or Very Mad PM me if you want to know specifically about it Evil or Very Mad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What should i DO ?? !!
Next Topic:mechanic help
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Oct 22 05:37:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075039863586426 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.