Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » A Real Challenge. is impossible. Try swap... 5SFE to 3SGTE

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
amdteam
Newcomer

March 2004

icon4.gif  A Real Challenge. is impossible. Try swap... 5SFE to 3SGTE Fri, 12 March 2004 02:39 Go to next message
Hi there.

I have a 1990 Celica GTS (American Specs ... 2.2Lts, and blabla....) well.... i was brought(buy) another celica with a 3sgte engine. Very Happy
Make me a terrible hard work to swap all wires and the other stuff Confused Mad . Ok.. now it´s all done, but now i have a problem. in the "chasis"(structural part) of my 5sfe i cant put the entire parts of the 3sgte (All Whell drive). Well now the car appear like don't have enough "force" to move it. thinking that can be a problem of Clutch disc, CLutch cover and clutch bearing, i have brought all new..... i changed the old parts ... AND..... nothing happen , now i don't know have to do.

I have Troubles, many...... HELP HELP HELP

ATTE.

An Toyota Owner

Sorry for my WASTED English I'm Chilean.......and need to learn

PS: i don't have more money to spend.
PS: i need the electrical wires and stuff maps.

Send a private message to this user    
Disco Scoob
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: A Real Challenge. is impossible. Try swap... 5SFE to 3SGTE Fri, 12 March 2004 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mate, a freind and i started putting a 3SGTE in his 1992 Celica (5SFE). we came across the same problem. there is room under the car for drive shaft but no room for the diff. We took it to a workshop and they said they could modify it so that it would all fit, but for a crazy amount(Smiley $$. They ended up doing the conversion for us but kept the car front wheel drive by using the 5SFE gearbox.
It ran like a dog for months! stalling and backfireing with no power!
Got it tuned, added boost, got rid of the standard, restricting
cat, and reconditioned the turbo. But alas it only ran slightly better.
The next attempt to fix its performance is with an aftermarket computer (Microtech MTX8 i think) my mate has booked it in recently.

Other problems were with bad wiring and sensors.
The 3SGTE was from an ST165 model GT4 Celica. (Age could be part of the problem).

This maybe of no help to you but i thought i should let you know you are not alone.
Sean.
amdteam
Newcomer

March 2004

icon4.gif  Re: A Real Challenge. is impossible. Try swap... 5SFE to 3SGTE Fri, 12 March 2004 03:41 Go to previous message
Oh men....

Tks good, im not the only crazy men that do this things. Very Happy ...well...tks for give me a hope.... Smile , but im still in problems.

the 5sfe gearbox works, but ..... for a little bit time men, and i have the 3sgte gearbox, i need to modify that gearbox.

im thinking and thinking....

HELP HELP HELP.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:fan belt help needed asap
Next Topic:3TGTE torque settings URGENT
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Oct 22 23:14:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060410499572754 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.