Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » supercharger oil.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
supercharger oil. Wed, 14 August 2002 11:30 Go to next message
what oil do people use in their 4AGZE superchargers? i got quoted $27 from toyota for the genuine stuff (i was suprised they had it in aus at all) with a trade discount. what do other people use? like what grade is it so i know what to look for if i dont get genuine?
  Send a private message to this user    
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon7.gif  Re: supercharger oil. Wed, 14 August 2002 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak i always used mobil 1 when i changed my s/c oil, a lot of other ze owners use it too. i used a big syringe and a length of pipe to fill it up.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: supercharger oil. Wed, 14 August 2002 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats mobil 1 is it 15w-50? strange i pictured it to be a thin oil like ATF.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: supercharger oil. Wed, 14 August 2002 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mobil 1 is 5w-50. Personally I'd be using a lighter grade gear oil (possibly synthetic?) as you are only lubricating a couple of gears after all...
gtv6gp
Occasional Poster

August 2002
icon3.gif  Re: supercharger oil. Fri, 16 August 2002 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about using castrol gearbox oil 80-90w in the 1ggze supercharger?
gtv6gp
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: supercharger oil. Sun, 25 August 2002 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any ideas?
Corvid
Regular

May 2002
Re: supercharger oil. Sun, 25 August 2002 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem with buying te genuine toyota stuff is its expensive.. sure its 27 bucks for a little metal tin with the syringe.. problem is you need like 3 of em to completely change the oil in the blower..
I use Holden supercharger oil.. i think you can get away with one bottle of the stuff from memory.. I use this stuff and it seems alrite with me.. Mobil 1 will probly be allrite but the genuine stuff is very very very thin in comparison. Just keep this is mind.. As for the gearbox/diff oil?.. way to thick.. you have to remember that the blower is spinning quite fast inside, thick oil i feel would seperate and end up on the inside walls of the blower not really lubricating.. i did a fair bit of investigation into this on the web and the Holden stuff seemed the best bet and it looks like its working fine to me.
gtv6gp
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: supercharger oil. Sun, 25 August 2002 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanksneed specs

names, brand, wieght
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: supercharger oil. Mon, 26 August 2002 11:47 Go to previous message
hey corvid, sounds like you had some genuine oil, do you perhaps know the viscosity rating?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:JZA70 Supra (1JZ-GTE) Major Problems
Next Topic:mx73 exhaust system
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:29:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053141117095947 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.