Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Donuts
Occasional Poster

April 2003
TA22 Windscreen Sat, 13 March 2004 08:01 Go to next message
OK, i have 1 issue with 2 questions
issue: i have no front or rear windscreen in my TA22. I have a front windscreen, a clear rear windscreen and a rear windscreen with a demister.
Question 1. What is the best/cheapest way to get these installed? I got quoted $400 to get both fixed in by a mobile crew (are these guys just over charging?) Is it worth asking a group like Novus or will they say about the same price? You can get the rubbers form RareSpares for $115 for the front one and $130 for the rear. Has anyone used these before? How hard are these to install? What else do i have to buy to install myself (some sort of glue etc)?
Question 2. Is is legal to have a rear glass on a TA22 1974 model? Im going to have to get this car past a blue slip (NSW). I guess i just prefer the look of clear glass at the back over the demister. I guess if they say its illegal i could always go along and buy a stick on demister if i have to but i might as well have used the one with the demister in there already.
david...
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: TA22 Windscreen Sat, 13 March 2004 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've used the rare spares windscreen rubbers before and they were too big. So once fitted they were never even and just looked crap.
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: TA22 Windscreen Sat, 13 March 2004 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't try to fit the windscreen yourself, its not a job for amateurs. As for the rubber, get one from Toyota if you want it to fit properly.
I got one about a year ago for $170.
You also need the small clips thta hold the chrome surrounds on.

Simon
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: TA22 Windscreen Sat, 13 March 2004 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i personally don't see the problem of fitting it yourself...

BUT (and a big butt Wink )

you have to be prepared to have it break. i've fitted a few of these types of screens, and into a TA22 when i was in the US, but we used new rubbers from Toyota, they weren't that exxy at all (maybe US$100?). it will take some practice, but you'll need preferably cotton clothesline cord about 5mm thick. 2 loops each doing half (ie left or right) of windscreen...

ummm, and tap with fist

hmm, maybe is not so easy.... you CAN do it yourself, but if you are not confident with tapping your windscreen with your fist whilst someone else is pushing on it. then maybe get someone else to do it Wink

they charge heaps because the older the glass is, the easier it is to break, and if they break, they should replace! also new windscreens are either polyurethaned in or have snazzy electric heated rubbers (at maybe 7-800 a pop!!!! Shocked )

a few years ago i got a galant GC windscreen replaced, with new rubbers AND glass, for $320 installed.

i've used KE10 corolla rubbers from rare spares, and yeah, close but not perfect.

good luck
Cya, Stewart
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: TA22 Windscreen Sat, 13 March 2004 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh, and i found the corners (i think top?) of the rear window of the TA22 to be a real bitch!

Cya, Stewart
hemi twofifteen turbo
Regular

October 2003
Re: TA22 Windscreen Mon, 15 March 2004 06:41 Go to previous message
are the ta22 front/rear screens the same as the RA series?

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Fuel pump speed control
Next Topic:84 Cressida - Not staying in Overdrive.. ???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Oct 19 07:43:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059850215911865 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.