Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Question on 18RG dizzy's Wed, 17 March 2004 06:14 Go to next message
Someone told me that the 18RG and the 18RC dist are the same.
Was just wondering if this was right or not.
I'm inclined to belive them as they know more about these things than me but want to double check first before i go and buy one.
Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Question on 18RG dizzy's Wed, 17 March 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NO THEY R NOT.

they are different lenghts, and have different advance curves, if u want a elec dizzy, just put 2XR guts into your existing 18RG points dizzy, but use they same weights
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Question on 18RG dizzy's Wed, 17 March 2004 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah MJH.. i forgot to mention the internals...

sorry Sad

They are interchangable, but yes the advance weights are different.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Question on 18RG dizzy's Wed, 17 March 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought that the 18RG dizzy was too long for a 18RC and vice versa, munki just tried and said it wouldnt work
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Question on 18RG dizzy's Wed, 17 March 2004 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah mr dohc is correct 18rc and rg are different i have a 18rgeu electronic dizzy and it wont fit onto the 18rc engine. the lower part of the rc dizzy has a slot in the bottom so it can only go in 2 places right or 180deg wrong and the geu dizzy has a round base with no slot. aaaaaand the rgeu dizzy bolt wont line up the same place as the rc (so there is no way to tighten the dizzy if it could fit in place.

Daniel
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Question on 18RG dizzy's Wed, 17 March 2004 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So it won't work then.DAMM

Mr DOHC wrote on Wed, 17 March 2004 18:12

if u want a elec dizzy, just put 2XR guts into your existing 18RG points dizzy, but use they same weights

I was hoping to be able to keep the points dizzy as a spare as i don't think i could get bits to fix it at a race meet if it ever stuffed up.
Still being toyota it should never break so i will probably end up doing the conv to the existing one.

Steve M
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Question on 18RG dizzy's Thu, 18 March 2004 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as mountings go, we have an 18rc dizzy in an 18rg. I have seen an 18rc dizz in an 18rgeu.

There are different types of mountings depending on which 18rg(eu)you have and which 18rc dizzy you get your hands on.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Question on 18RG dizzy's Thu, 18 March 2004 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 18R dizzy works.... the 18R-C dizzy doesnt - from my experience.

Check the labels on them... you will find lots of 18R dizzy's in 18R-C's..... dont ask me why there are two types.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Question on 18RG dizzy's Thu, 18 March 2004 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used an 18R-C dizzy in my 18R-GU for a while. The mounting was a bit different but it still worked.
clancey
Regular

July 2002
Re: Question on 18RG dizzy's Thu, 18 March 2004 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The ends of the shafts are slightly different as the 18rc one connects to the oil pump or something, but it doesn't stop it going in Smile

I'm using an 18rc shaft for my crank angle sensor and have run a complete 18rc dizzy at one stage, for testing. I just had to use a different bracket to mount it as Norbie said.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 March 2004 04:32]

clancey
Regular

July 2002
Re: Question on 18RG dizzy's Thu, 18 March 2004 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As for the dizzy curves, you're on your own. Also not sure about putting an RG dizzy in an 18rc motor as I've never tried.
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Question on 18RG dizzy's Thu, 18 March 2004 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay then.
So if i get an 18R dist (not 18RC) with the right mount and then put the elec bits in and get it set up on a dist graph machine then it will all work and fit yes?

Sounds like i might get to keep the original as a spare one after all.

munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Question on 18RG dizzy's Thu, 18 March 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have an 18r 18ru and 18rc all the same. 18rgeu different. but i have no rg engine to see if the normal 18r dizzy fits. anyone wanna give me an engine to try? Rolling Eyes

Daniel
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Question on 18RG dizzy's Thu, 18 March 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
munki wrote on Thu, 18 March 2004 20:04

i have an 18r 18ru and 18rc all the same. 18rgeu different. but i have no rg engine to see if the normal 18r dizzy fits. anyone wanna give me an engine to try? Rolling Eyes

Daniel

drive to my place and try Very Happy
celicaboy
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Question on 18RG dizzy's Sun, 21 March 2004 09:18 Go to previous message
i ahve an 18rc dizzy in my 18rg... direct fit but had to use the 18rc clamp.. worked fine for a month or so then the plugs fouling up as was said the timing advance curves are prolly different
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Drifting Gear, ie: flare kits and the like.
Next Topic:AW11 Automatic
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Oct 18 09:20:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010200023651123 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.