Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » What compressor do you have? (1) 1 Vote(s)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

What compressor do you have? Sun, 21 March 2004 12:06 Go to next message
I'm looking at buying a compressor cause I'm too damm lazy to use a hand ratchet anymore. But I don't want a compressor that is going to limit me to small jobs.
I have been looking at RENEGADE RP13 V twin 2.2HP
http://www.bids.com.au/TradeTools/html/compressors .html

Anyone have any opinions? Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
Matt16v
Regular

I supported Toymods

February 2003
Re: What compressor do you have? Sun, 21 March 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont have any opinions, but i was going to go to super cheap and buy one of those $90 specials?? but i guess you get what you pay for..

wouldnt use it too often.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: What compressor do you have? Sun, 21 March 2004 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check your tools cfm rating first and but something that will cover that, with some to spare so that it's not running continuously when doing big jobs like spraying. The size of the resovoir is also a factor there as to how often it will start up. For what you want stay away from the cheap direct drive models definately.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: What compressor do you have? Mon, 22 March 2004 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
somthing like a air rachet isn't going to work the compressor as much as say an air drill. a rachet is used in smaller bursts so it depends on what else you are going to use the compressor for (ie spray painting etc) the look at the tools that you intend to use regularly and look at their cfm rating and base your purchace on the highest regularly used cfm.
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: What compressor do you have? Mon, 22 March 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm sent
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What compressor do you have? Mon, 22 March 2004 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hereby present my brilliant solution to the compressor problem. Go down to bunnings and they have a small (7.3CFM) GMC compressor they sell for around $100, buy two of them and hook them up with the high pressure ports joined.

Presto, for around $200 you will have a dual stage compressor which can handle all but the toughest jobs - I use mine with a die grinder which is one of the hardest tools on an air supply and they can just about keep up.

The only downside is they are fairly noisy. Don't try running them on a standard extension cord, it gets kinda warm....

I'd say the performance is equal to an $800-$1000 dollar compressor, and if you have a spare curcuit in the shed, adding a third one should keep up with anything.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What compressor do you have? Mon, 22 March 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I found out today that they are doing the RP15 for the same price of the RP13 which is a bargain I think.
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: What compressor do you have? Mon, 22 March 2004 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the one at works tank is the size of a fridge Shocked even bigger
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: What compressor do you have? Wed, 26 May 2004 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you reckon those cheap 100 buck ones are good enough for spray painting and occassional rattle gunning? Might buy one on kmart 15% off day being the tight arse I am Cool
toynado
Regular

May 2004
Re: What compressor do you have? Wed, 26 May 2004 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a $100 one
it won't drive the impact gun at much torque anymore
did at first tho
it's hardly been used
think if i get a larger air tank i could drive the tools that need higher flow?
it does put out 110 psi or so...
runs the air chisel fine
but gets low on air if tool uses alot
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What compressor do you have? Thu, 27 May 2004 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've used one of my $100 specials to run a rattle gun while I was servicing at the Rally of Canberra and it worked a treat (as long as we remembered to turn it on....).
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: What compressor do you have? Thu, 27 May 2004 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
COMPAK mate...great compressors. Ours cost us $700 about 6 years ago, and its great...can run a die grinder all day.
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: What compressor do you have? Fri, 28 May 2004 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

COMPAK mate...great compressors. Ours cost us $700 about 6 years ago, and its great...can run a die grinder all day.

agreed...a tad more expensive but they use quality parts that dont fail like the cheap shit renegades..well worth it

Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: What compressor do you have? Sat, 29 May 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get one of these bad boys
from memory they run off a 165kw electric motor, has a holding capacity of roughly more than 300kg's of air
only downside is that you're house has to be wired for 3 phase Wink
only slight mods would be needed to convert this to compress air instead of refrigerant gas Smile
http://www.york.com/products/esg/images/photos/chiller.jpg

edited because my last post made no sence

[Updated on: Wed, 09 June 2004 09:14]

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: What compressor do you have? Sat, 29 May 2004 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
royce?
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: What compressor do you have? Sat, 29 May 2004 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Sat, 29 May 2004 18:33

royce?

could of been
it was a while ago
all i know is that it was one HUGE air compressor
tripmcneily
Regular

May 2004
tripmcneily
Re: What compressor do you have? Sat, 29 May 2004 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my cat's name is mittens...
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: What compressor do you have? Sat, 05 June 2004 08:49 Go to previous message
I'm thinking of getting an arlec one from kmart. in the catlogue this week. $89 24 litre tanks - 2hp. 5 piece starter kit for 40 bucks (though no impact gun i think Sad
Pretty sure its got 2 year replacement warranty though Smile Smile
any thoughts?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Going postal
Next Topic:kazaa lite
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 11:23:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052759647369385 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.