Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » NT/TAS » Canberra crew to WSID Street meet (SATURDAY 22nd MAY)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon14.gif  Canberra crew to WSID Street meet (SATURDAY 22nd MAY) Wed, 24 March 2004 04:33 Go to next message
Hi all,

The date is set as Saturday May 22, meeting at Shell Gateway at 6:00am and leaving Shell Gateway at 6:15am Shocked. Not knowing how busy these events could be we might play it safe and leave early to get there for the first scrutineering at 9am. It would be a shame to get up there too late and miss out. Those that are heading up to watch could leave later in order to make the first runs starting at 11am.

This is an extract from the WSID Site "These race events will see gates open at 9 am with cars going down the track from 11 am to 5 pm. Due to the increased hours of operation the entry numbers will be extended. Once we're back in the warmer months in September the Auto One off Street meets, brought to you by Pennzoil, will switch back to every Wednesday night."

For more info eg cost, what you need if you want to race etc just go to:

http://wsid.blakeandmuresan.com/main.php?cat=Home& amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp;sub=Welcome

We are going up on the 22nd May, meeting at Shell gateway at 6am and leaving at 6:15am.

Hope some people are keen.

Cheers,
Shane.

[Updated on: Mon, 17 May 2004 23:12]

Send a private message to this user    
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Wed, 24 March 2004 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what a tops idea!!

ill have to see how the cash flow is going! but i wouldnt mind throwing the black beastie down the strip!!!

chears gumby
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Wed, 24 March 2004 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excellent Gumby!

Thats the whole idea behind the early warning, so people can get the entry and petrol money planned for and a day off.

For those that have never been before you won't be able to wipe the grin off your face, when you take off on your first run, the grip level of the track will impress Evil or Very Mad

Shane.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Wed, 24 March 2004 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it will be good for me, because ive entered the drags at dubbo too,

so i can compare how i run! Very Happy
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Wed, 24 March 2004 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got a spare seat in the green beastie shane?

Phil
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Wed, 24 March 2004 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Phil,

At this stage my girlfriend wants to come and watch (it's the only one she said she will go to, she will be over it after about 10 minutes Laughing ). But Garreth is taking the 'family wagon' and it has four seats so he may have a spot.

If the seat becomes available in my car I will let you know.

Shane.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Wed, 24 March 2004 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You never know mate, she may love it! My girlfriend spent 3 hours at Willowbank in QLD last weekend at a test 'n' tune with me!

I thought Garreth was gonna use the truck to take it up? Is he feeling more confident now that it will have a tougher driveline?

Phil
MR2 3SGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Thu, 25 March 2004 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn,
Sounds AWESOME.
However my only problem is it's a Wednesday, i know i can't get the time off Confused

would love to come along *Sniff*
QIK 3SGTE
Regular

September 2003
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Thu, 25 March 2004 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey fellas

I will meet you up here in syd to take my beastie down the 1/4 on its debut most likely! hoi Phil are you coming to Dubbo this time??

TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Fri, 26 March 2004 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Jack, it will be great to see your '22 make its first pass at the track. Do you have some decent tyres?

I will be at dubbo, but unfortunately don't have a car Crying or Very Sad

Phil
jinxinferno
Regular

February 2004
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Mon, 05 April 2004 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Shane, do you think i should take the camry for a run? it got Heaps of respect in hume for that burnout Laughing .....not

anyway, i will see what the cash situation is like, and if its good then count me in,

Adam
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Tue, 06 April 2004 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For sure, put aside some dollars and cruise up. Decide if you want to do some runs or not on the day (just bring a helmet and all the paper work in case - see WSID website for details).

Just to cruise up and watch won't cost much and to race will add the entry fee to the trip (obviously).

You will get to do a tyre warmer each run at the drags and in front of a few more people than were at Hume too.

What do you think the Camry will manage down the quarter??

The more people that cruise up from Canberra the better.

Shane.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Tue, 06 April 2004 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont know if will run the supra, but i should be up for the cruise up to sydney! Very Happy
jinxinferno
Regular

February 2004
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Tue, 06 April 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oooh, i dunno man, the camry on the 1/4, might manage to do about sub 10's....minutes that is. Nah, i dunno, i dare say it could manage about 18 sec, maybe a bit less, depends on the launch i spose. With the high flow air filter it does 0 - 100 in about 10 - 11, and it doesnt run out of puff until about 120km/h when it starts accelerating really slowly. but ive never run a 1/4 before, or seen it done. So id leave the guesswork up to you more experienced people.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Tue, 06 April 2004 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to hear you should be up for the cruise to WSID Gumby, don't run your car if you're not keen.

It's good to watch anyway especially if you haven't been before like yourself Adam. You will be impressed at the acceleration of the sub 10 second cars. It shocked me the first time I went to the drags (first car I saw as we walked up to the track launched off the line and ran an 8.9 Shocked ).

I think you are about right with your 1/4 mile guesstimate for the Camry Adam. Somewhere around a high 17 to low 18.

We will see who else is going up Gumby but if no one is taking a tow truck or car trailer we might be able to get some of the cars inside the pit area as support vehicles (i.e. one per car that is racing). We will see on the day what the deal is.

I should have my car back together this weekend and then just a little fine tuning to get the most out of it at the track.

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Tue, 06 April 2004 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol the supra support vehicle its got a nice ring to it!

but yeah i dont think id run on the strip this time, but ill definatly come for the trip. ive never been to a street meet before. and id like to see how it all works!

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Thu, 08 April 2004 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I'd be keen for a cruise up there to watch, or run, unsure depends on car reliability and funds. Smile
jinxinferno
Regular

February 2004
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Tue, 13 April 2004 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should have the camry sold by the end of the week, so i could possible be showing up in a celica depending on whether or not i can find one i like.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Tue, 13 April 2004 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to see you had a run down the 1/8th Joel, and you don't need to wonder what it will do down the 1/4 for long. Just keep it running and head up with us on the 28th! You won't have anywhere near the same wheel spin on the WSID prepped track, so your times will be quicker.

Cool if you can pick up a Celica Adam, should be good for a cruise up to Sydney or a run if you choose so.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Thu, 15 April 2004 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I am acctually thinking of having a run now. all I need to do is bring an esky of cold bottles of water so I can replace the stuff in my I/C after every run or 2. that was my biggest problem at dubbo.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Thu, 15 April 2004 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to hear you might be up for some runs Joel. There is plenty of time between runs to add iced water to your water to air IC (a few people did that last time we were there or had bags of ice on there air to air IC).

The idea will be to have someones car (or possibly a tow truck that may be coming?) park in the pit area so that we don't have to keep all the junk in our cars, and have our stuff somewhere easy to get after each run.

Looking like it should be some good fun! See if you can talk any one else into coming up for a run or look.
jinxinferno
Regular

February 2004
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Sun, 18 April 2004 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no sale on the camry dude, so it might make an appearance after all.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Mon, 19 April 2004 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh crap... just usual, I don't know if I'll be making an appearance, driving home the other night my car overheated, the cooling hose for the turbo split and pissed all my coolant out. it didn't overheat fully, I caught it on the guage beforhand, but I am haveing trouble finding some hose to replace it, it has a pretty serious angle on it and its an odd size. I'll have to try harder. Neutral

You usually only get problems with the head gasket if the engine overheats hardcore right? if I can find some new hose I'll give the bubble test a go and hope like hell I haven't done the head... Sad

[Updated on: Mon, 19 April 2004 14:41]

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Tue, 20 April 2004 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pity the Camry didn't sell Adam, but if its reliable enough to get to Sydney and back then it'll do the job.

Ahh bad luck with the hose Joel, have you tried Enzed in Fyshwick (also called the filter factory)?? That's where I have got all my hoses from, they can make stuff too.

If you caught the temp going up on the gauge then you should be safe, chances are the head gasket will be fine.

Let us know how you go.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 April 2004 22:34]

jinxinferno
Regular

February 2004
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Thu, 22 April 2004 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seems i am selling the camry afterall, but ive had some interesting developements at work which are going to spoil my fun. I got promoted, and am working all week next week, so looks like ill have to give this one a miss, maybe next time.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Fri, 23 April 2004 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries Adam, congrats on the promotion. Let us know what car you end up getting.

Looks like a few Toymods people went on the Wednesday just passed and ran some good times. Hope some are there next Wednesday.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Fri, 23 April 2004 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please see the first thread for the change of details Confused
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Fri, 23 April 2004 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hope to many people didnt take time off work Confused

doesnt bother me non tho, im still happy to come along on a saterday, do you reckon there will be more people to race against on a saterday? so you wont get as many runs?

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet Mon, 26 April 2004 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's all good Chris, the only people who had organised time off work were Phil and myself. So it's all good.

Looks like more people are keen for a Saturday so we might be able to get a bigger convoy heading up to Sydney.

They are increasing the limit on the number of entries for a Saturday Street meet but the length of time the track is open is longer too so it is meant to sort of even things out i.e. you should get a similar amount of runs as you would on a Wednesday.

I shall keep this post updated and if the Saturday that the majority of people want to go up on (I am not picking the day its just going to be what ever Saturday the others who are racing are keen for) suits then people should come along.

My car is back on the road today and is running really well so I am super keen.

Oh yeah, my brother got his 4AGTE wagon tuned and its making 202rwkw!! But being an engine we had never used before we discovered its a bit tired and so it will be getting a rebuild before its doing any runs. A very cool sleeper though.

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet (Date to be advised, but it will be a Saturday!!) Wed, 28 April 2004 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey all,

Lucky we didn't go up today (28th April) it was cancelled due to rain. Surprised

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet (Date to be advised, but it will be a Saturday!!) Wed, 28 April 2004 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah

well I got my car back on the road, I replaced the hose and she's all fine.

So I'll be keen for whenever.

Hey shane I saw your green beastie taken the corner at belconnen way and bindubi st earlier tonight.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet (Date to be advised, but it will be a Saturday!!) Wed, 28 April 2004 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to hear you only needed to replace the hose to get it back on the road Joel, must have been good to know the HG and head were fine.

I just popped down to Belconnen last night so I thought I would give the rolla a little run.

Would you possibly be keen to go to WSID on Saturday 22nd May?? I know you work most days (I have to get the Saturday off too) but let us know what you think.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet (SATURDAY 22nd MAY) Thu, 29 April 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats sounds good, that'll give me time to do a few last little mods, and maybe get that dump pipe so I can run 10psi Properly, she kinda chokes atm cause the opening to the exhaust is too small.

I don't work saturdays anymore, have them all off.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet (SATURDAY 22nd MAY) Mon, 10 May 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Less than two weeks away!! BUMP Smile
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet (SATURDAY 22nd MAY) Mon, 10 May 2004 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still all good for it, nothings gone wrong yet and won't Rolling Eyes so it still looks like I am coming. But starting to have doubts about acctually running the car, I see how it goes and decide later. Smile
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet (SATURDAY 22nd MAY) Wed, 12 May 2004 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane
Will come for the day in the XR8....as support crew of course. No point in bringing Tweety along. May have a few passengers along for the ride as well too!
Cheers
Mitch
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet (SATURDAY 22nd MAY) Wed, 12 May 2004 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds excellent Mitch,

Looks like it should be a good convoy heading up there Smile

Joel, just think positive! Your car will be fine in 2 weeks time. Give it a run, you know you want too.....

[Updated on: Wed, 12 May 2004 22:14]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet (SATURDAY 22nd MAY) Sun, 16 May 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAMMIT Mad Mad Mad We should stop planning shit and be spontanious, everytime I plan something, something goes wrong,

Like now I have no brakes.........

looks like either my rear brake lines burst or my seals inside the rear calipers failed cause i am loosing fluid hell fast and my rear wheels are covered in it.

So I may be out again, cause if I get this fixed this week I may not have enough money for fuel to get up there.

sorry guys Sad real dissapointed
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet (SATURDAY 22nd MAY) Sun, 16 May 2004 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats bad luck, the curse of the planned event! From now on all events will be unplanned!!

Hope it's not too much work to fix Joel. If we see you Saturday we see, if not, another time.

Cheers.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet (SATURDAY 22nd MAY) Mon, 17 May 2004 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUMP Cool

A few days away now!

Meeting at Shell Gateway on Saturday morning at 6:00am Shocked and leaving Shell Gateway at 6:15am
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet (SATURDAY 22nd MAY) Fri, 21 May 2004 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
See those that are coming tomorrow morning bright and early (6am) at Shell Gateway service station.

Cheers.

A handy tip: if your car is working ok now, go put it in the garage and don't touch it until it's time to leave tomorrow. Then at least it will break on the way to Sydney and not before we leave Laughing .
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet (SATURDAY 22nd MAY) Fri, 21 May 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
See you at 6AM Shano!
- You know I am only going all this way just to the little green Rolla that could rip an extra hole in a few Commodores!
Cheers
Mitch
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet (SATURDAY 22nd MAY) Fri, 21 May 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Fri, 21 May 2004 15:03

A handy tip: if your car is working ok now, go put it in the garage and don't touch it until it's time to leave tomorrow. Then at least it will break on the way to Sydney and not before we leave Laughing .

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.................. funny Shane Neutral
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet (SATURDAY 22nd MAY) Sat, 22 May 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well what can I say but, What a fantastic day!

Congrats goes to shane for organising it.

The runs were great and my hat goes of to Shane and Brad who ran each other 3 times (well thats all we got to see) and on the last one only separate by 0.005 seconds Shocked .

I can't wait for this again but next time I'll run, so a few more mods first. Evil or Very Mad
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Canberra crew to WSID Street meet (SATURDAY 22nd MAY) Sat, 22 May 2004 11:13 Go to previous message
Yep, top day, great turnout from Canberra, I counted 9 cars.

Shame about all those bloody falcadores! Will have to keep an eye on LS1.com to see when they next plan to attack WSID, so we can stay away! Very Happy

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:OT from WA roll call
Next Topic:Perth: Freo Fast 'n' Furious!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 00:58:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007767915725708 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.