Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
RA40 Dash Pad Wed, 24 March 2004 09:41 Go to next message
Black...was originally tan but I coloured it with the proper vinyl dye then as you do got an even better one!.....a few very fine almost invisible hairline cracks otherwise looks almost new...Hills district Sydney...Pick up only ..$80..no offers.
PM me if interested...Cheers..
  Send a private message to this user    
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: RA40 Dash Pad Sat, 24 April 2004 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any interest??
amwtoy
Regular

March 2004
Re: RA40 Dash Pad Sat, 24 April 2004 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where did you find that? I just bought a Mercedes (!) one and cut/burned the edges a bit to make it fit. Autobarn told me RA40 dash pads don't exist Smile
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: RA40 Dash Pad Sun, 25 April 2004 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The one I am selling came from a Toymods/Classic Celica member(Owen) in Nth Qld in part cash/part goods trade...the one I am using was a find at the wreckers...had only seen one other worth removing and it was on the bottom car and buried in broken glass...the yard guy would not take the top car off so I passed on that one....There are a couple of places that will rebuild them..one in Qld..quoted me about $300 including freight...had to send my old one and wait 3 weeks at least...there is another place in Sydney(restor o dash?) that is reportedly cheaper but had no need to persue..The MB idea is a new one on me..how well did it fit??
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: RA40 Dash Pad Mon, 26 April 2004 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are places around Melbourne that re-co them as well. Just take in your old one. It costs a bit but it looks 100 times better than a cracked one. That vinyl dy

This may be an unfair generalisation but Autobarn know nothing about cars!

I went in there to get timing chain's and tensioners for my old RA40 and they said that I needed an engine number. I just told them it was an 18R-C and that the engine number didn't matter. I ended up having an arguement with them (cause being a chick obviously I know nothing about cars) Anyway, finally got the engine number and they ordered in some totally different part. I don't know what engine that was for but defiantly not a toyota. Went to this place called motor gear and they got the right parts in without any questions and it worked out $60 cheaper.

Don't trust autobarn!
amwtoy
Regular

March 2004
Re: RA40 Dash Pad Mon, 26 April 2004 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, we came to the conclusion (in PMs) this was the PAD not the mat, which is what i was talking about Very Happy

Autobarn were pretty hopeless, but i'm really not sure where to go in Brisbane for old parts. A mate of mine with a 93 Skyline uses Autobarn for all the "simple" stuff like seat covers, drink holders and whatnot... I would've thought dash mats would fall into that, but i guess not. And i know what you mean about how they treat chicks, though that's true at most car places. Granted, i'm not an automotive wizard by any means, but i know when my gearbox is out of oil, damnit. *sigh*

Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: RA40 Dash Pad Mon, 26 April 2004 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its often a problem when you and the staff...mostly the staff... were not born when the engine was phased out of production.The best I have had is a very officious late teener tell me at Repco that all the 6 cylinder Holdens ever built have been fuel injected other than the 48/215-FX/FJ models 1949-1956.
As it happened I had a pic. in a box of crap in the boot of my car of the engine on my long departed 1965 Holden Premier X2..Twin down draught Strombergs..standard from the factory..The manager then came in and laughed so I hard I thought he was going to pee himself...the late teener went and hid in the back dock...I was not being a smart arse just asked if they had carby reconditioning kits for a particular model Holden..a 1980? VC Commodore...and the duffus shot his mouth off..
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: RA40 Dash Pad Thu, 17 June 2004 09:22 Go to previous message
Still available..
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Turbosmart manual boost controller
Next Topic:2x altezza ecus
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-