Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

R/C Car Meet Results Sat, 17 August 2002 03:52 Go to next message
Well Ive finally got around to doing something about this Smile I cant remeber when it was I was asked to...a long time a go anyhow Smile

For all you Radio Control enthusiasts (Nuts!) that have been itchin to get together, we will have a meeting on Sunday 1st September at Colquhon Park Merrylands from 10:00am onwards.

I am hoping to have access to power for those running electric but please do not rely on it!

hopefully I will also gain access to the carpark so if you are late the gates will be shut restricting entry. However there is also other parking available within site of the venue.

The meeting point for entry will be from Lackey St toward the end of the road.

If it happens that the venue is being used by someone else on the day, there will be other venues we can use within a 10Km radius.

I believe Rod will also attempt to organise the BBQ as well, I will advise on this at a later date.

Entry fee will be $5 to club members and $10 to non members to cover the cost of the BBQ and any power used.

So they key points are...

Colquhon Park Merrylands
meet on Lackey St
Sunday 1st September
10:00 am sharp for parking (if available)
$5 members, $10 non members
and have a fun day!

[Updated on: Mon, 02 September 2002 04:57]

Send a private message to this user    
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: R/C Car Meet Sat, 17 August 2002 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like fun. If i can get a lift i'm in with my petrol beastie. Just started it about an hour ago. Gotta love a 2 stroke at 35000rpm Wink

can't wait to drive seeing it is the only car i'm allowed to drive in the month of september Razz

Luke
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: R/C Car Meet Sat, 17 August 2002 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gimme a call Luke Ill pick you up on the way Smile....if you can stand the power of the mighty 4K that is hehehe

I think my R/C car goes faster Cry

[Updated on: Sat, 17 August 2002 07:08]

GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: R/C Car Meet Sat, 17 August 2002 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this just a car park? and whats the deal with frequencys? as i don't want mine to get written off because someone has the same channel as mine
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: R/C Car Meet Sat, 17 August 2002 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freq will be determined on the day as to who runs when, I dont think Ben will be risking his thousands of dollars worth of car either so dont worry well sort it out on the day Smile

the area is about the size of 4-5 netball courts, there are bigger areas that are better but I doubt I could get permission to use them and there would have been no power available so this venue is a compromise for the eletric guys
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: R/C Car Meet Sat, 17 August 2002 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok well hopefully i'll be there, have to get some practice in haven't driven my car for months and months
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: R/C Car Meet Mon, 19 August 2002 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be there with the beast Evil or Very Mad
I dont think many people will be running 40 MHZ frequencies, so i should be right,

I will try to organise some corner markers, and dividers so we can make some sort of track out so were not just running around running into each other.

Michael i think mine defineately goes faster then the mighty 4K hehehe

Ben
AE86 Trueno 4AGE
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: R/C Car Meet Mon, 19 August 2002 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will you guys still be there around 4ish as I have to work in the morning but I would love to come and give my cars a work out
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: R/C Car Meet Wed, 21 August 2002 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Stitt,

I'll be there with my Wagon so hopefully I'll see you there.

I also have a couple of different xtal sets so we should be ok. Not keen on bewnding mine either thanks very much, It cost me more than the Wagon !

Micheal, Will talk to you soon to arrange the BBQ. Once we have an idea of numbers we can cater for the food requirements.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: R/C Car Meet Fri, 23 August 2002 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in.

What scale are your cars? I've got a 1/10 scale thingmy that lives in my boot (ok, its stuck).

I've gotta get some new fuel. Anyone know how to tune the things? My engine is new (just ran in) and will need a propper tune to get the performance out of it.
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: R/C Car Meet Fri, 23 August 2002 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are very basic two stroke engines, now you can tune it for general good driving which looks after the motor or you could tune it for max power and speed which puts the car onto a fine edge where it could be perfect one day but then when the weather conditions change you may have to tune it again, but i always tune it for peak, now how i do this is flang it down the street at max throttle then drive it back to you and lean the mixture out a little bit more say a 45' turn, thats screwing the needle valve in, turning it clockwise! then take it for another spin down the street and then lean it out a bit more and keep doing so until you feel it has the best performance but usually you keep leaning it out until when you hit top speed the engine suddenly looses power and almost stalls then richen the micture a little bit and try it again and then you're engine should be tunned. then you have to make sure its not to lean for your motor and going to cause it to over heat, drive it around for a while then touch the top of the engine with your fingers and you should be able to leave your fingers on there for about 2 seconds if you touch it and it burns you striaght away then the motor is far to hot so you will have to richen it a little bit more (turning the needle anti clockwise) so your getting more oil through the engine "in a two stroke its the oil which does a great deal of the cooling" and there you go it should be tunned to perfection, sorry these details are a little rough but i hope you can understand them.

also if you just ran your motor in then i guess you would have run it on 5% nitro now u can up it to 10% nitro then after at least a litre of that move up to 15% as the higher the nitro content the easier the engine is to tune and also the cooler the engine will run, but if you move up from 5% to 10% you will most likly have to do a glow plug change as well.

and yes the higher the nitro you use the more damage that will be done to the motor and the less time it will last but if you ran the motor in properly then you can up it to even 25% nitro and never have a problem.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: R/C Car Meet Sat, 24 August 2002 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A little update...

looks like Ive managed to get secure parking inside the gates Smile still waiting for full approval but looking good...please note the gates will be locked back up at 10:30 after were all inside, but if you arrive late come and see me and Ill let you in to the secure parking area.

I have never organised an event like this and im struggling to come up with a way to have races that will be fair based on the difference in performance of each car...so anybody got any suggestions? otherwise were all gona get blitzed by Ben Smile
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: R/C Car Meet Mon, 26 August 2002 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Micheal,

Mate I have never organised anything like this either so not sure how much help I'll be but hey we live and learn.

There will be a coupple of things I can think of which will determine race set ups. I'll try remember to bring the butchers paper board from the Dyno day.

Different xtal frequencies will be the main decider. After that I guess you just need to group people as best as possible by there cars expected performance. Mine is electric but will happily argue (and lose) with the petrol/nitro cars.

It will all pan out on the day mate I'm surer. great job so far and I can't wait to clear the cob webs on my old girl.

BTW what is the surface ? Is it ashphalt or something else ? Its is polished concrete I need to go get some new tyres !

Cya there Smile
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: R/C Car Meet Mon, 26 August 2002 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the surface is black bitumen
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon9.gif  Re: R/C Car Meet Mon, 26 August 2002 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bitumen!? Rules me out, I've only got dirt tyres. Sad

Not that I have a working charger for my batteries... heheh
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: R/C Car Meet Mon, 26 August 2002 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This sounds like it could be a great day!! Nod I'd love to come, but seeing as it's on Father's Day, I might have to stay home and do the family thing. Cry (not that I have a car I could race anyway, I'd just be coming down to have a watch)

Michael - What time do you predict it will be going till in the afternoon? I might be able to make it down after lunch to have a squiz.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: R/C Car Meet Mon, 26 August 2002 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The park will be booked till 4pm

bring the car anyway max..the bitumen is surrounded by big fields Smile theres even a small patch of dirt and if we get sick of the venue theres another place 10 mins away which I have been hanging to have a crack at Smile, which also has a bitumen area but no location to recharge power unless you want to walk a fair bit and I can open up one of the sheds

It is confirmed that we will have power BTW
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: R/C Car Meet Tue, 27 August 2002 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hope this Helps.

I have been involved in running rc car meetings for a while now and there is a few ways in which to split ppl up.

First of all you would want to split gas and electric. I konw the that a good electric can beat a gas car but it keeps it even. Plus gas cars are heavier and electric cars tend to come out second best if there contact between the two.

Now within electric and gas you could split drivers two ways. One into motor types/performance or driver skill level. I know with electric it would probably be easier to split into driver skill level. This is because every one has probably all got the same kinds of motors, everyone i know has got some big mod they can put into a car so it should all be even. It just makes sense to split the groups by driver skill.

Cyrstals It works just to document who has what crystals. i have some 29meg Am crystals i can spot some ppl and I don't think to many ppl with bother me on 27meg FM.

So if enough ppl can bring down a spare set and some ppl sort of share you shouldn't have any clashes. Just remind every one that they can't have there remote on while the're not racing.

It should be a good day hope fully i make it down in time after work.
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: R/C Car Meet Tue, 27 August 2002 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also may i add that i work at Micro Models Hobbyland in hornsby, we can order any parts in but tend to stock mostly kyosho parts and a huge range of tyres and rims and so forth so if you need something for your car even if its just top quality fuel then come in and say hi, i work wednesday afternoons and every saturday

147 Pacific Highway Hornsby
(02) 9476 2588
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: R/C Car Meet Tue, 27 August 2002 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm... Holden vs Ford show or RC cars??? I don't know what to do... I'm with Luke... I need transport.to get there... Hmmm... I wouldn't mind coming to have a goose at how good ppl are at controling those little buggers...
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: R/C Car Meet Tue, 27 August 2002 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come on come out and watch us control these little things hehehe

I will put on a demonstration on how a 2.7HP 45000 RPM 4WD monster that weighs over 2 KG (thats a prety good power to weigh ratio) and can go from 0-120 Km/h in under 2 seconds!!!!!!!!!

And they do the best 4 Wheel drift hehehe

I will see everyone out there

Ben
AE86 Trueno 4AGE
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: R/C Car Meet Thu, 29 August 2002 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi All

Can anyone going on Sunday give me their mobile number so I can call and find out which venue you are at and if you are still there etc.

I wont be getting til 4ish

thanks
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: R/C Car Meet Thu, 29 August 2002 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mobile is 0438 817 333
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: R/C Car Meet Fri, 30 August 2002 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok sorry for the very late notice but the venue has finally been confirmed by the council. so as the original post says it will be at.....

Colquhon Park Granville
meet on Lackey St
Sunday 1st September
10:00 am sharp for parking inside the boom gate.
$5 members, $10 non members to run

there will be a BBQ of sortsI believe and power is confirmed as well, but bring your 12V chargers incase we decide to goto another venue as well.

if anyone has any questions you can contact me on 0438 817 333
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: R/C Car Meet Mon, 02 September 2002 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well for those that made it we had a good day, despite the early threat of electrocution from the big storm that thankfully passed by without a drop!.

We had quite a range of cars from eletric to Nitro and Ben showed us how his F1 1/8th Nitro does 360's on the spot faster than you can see it turning. If someone has a firewire card Ill download it on here at a later date.

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/RC%20Day%20014.jpg

Those attending were...

Ben Cullen F1 Electric and F1 Nitro
Joespeh Moore Borrowing Rods Monster truck Electric
Greer Borrowing Tinas Miata Electric
Chris VW Beetle Electric
Tina Try Mazda Miata Electric
Rod Try Mazda Eunos and Monster truck Electric
Aaron Seymour Toyota Celica Nitro
Michael Seymour WRX/Nissan Sentra Nitro

Chris showed how his little VW loved to drift! while greer and Joe were busy trying to run each other over. Bens F1 was very impressive, sadly the area wasnt really suitable to its low chasis and awesome acceleration so was retired before major damged was done, but not before some impressive 360's!.

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/Bens%20F1%20Electric.jpg

The other Nitro cars went well early on but started dropping like flys after Aaron decided the best place to park the celica at high speed was the steel netball post....twice!, after the second time he ran out of suspension parts to repair it and called it a day. My own car was going great till I tried to run some of Ben's 25% nitro and had problems there after.

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/Wheelstand%20Me%20Baby!.jpg

The electrics were the most reliable despite the drivers trying constantly to play demolishion derby! The Monster truck took out several victims on the day, and Rods Miata took some flying lessons at one point!

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/Rod%20Flying.jpg

All in all it was a great day, hopefully well get a bigger turnout at the next one, sorry to the bloke that called me as we were packing up, hopefully you will be able to join us next time!.

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/Rods%20Truck1.jpg

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/RC%20Day%20036.jpg

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/ChrisVW%20dent.jpg
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: R/C Car Meet Results Mon, 02 September 2002 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Micheal for organising a Really Great day !

The weather held off for us and it was an excellent day to play with the Toys. As usual if finished when the last car stopped working but thats pretty much expected. If there no damage your not pushing them Hard enought !

After leaving the park we took the electric cars over to Macquarie uni for some Polished concrete action. Nitro cars are a bit loud for in there but we have had no problems with the electrics. Just keep our noise down and mind our own business and its a great surface.

All was going well for the electrics but then the smoke pooring from the VW signalled its early retirement. (Kind of like a real one hehehe ) With nowhere open to get another electronic Speed controller we were down to 3.

Tinas car managed to peel the tires off the rims with its regular sideways action so whilst it was still going it prooved to be in for regular Pit stops.

My car (Not sure its a Eunos, I'd never own a Mazd j/k) and the Monster truck had an arguement at speed and after that driving a 3 wheeled monster truck provided short lived entertainment, Its hard to corner with only one front wheel ! Rolling

Finally I suffered some electrical issues which were found to be a simple loose wire but not until the engine had been stripped and cleaned of all the Shotgun pellets it accuried at the first venue. (And people say the west is bad !! Rolling Eyes )

A further inspection revealed all the electric engines could use a strip down and clean so it was off home for the days repairs.

Was a really great day and I can't wait till the next one. I'd happily hand over a few dollars if we could get access to a real track as well. Up To Something

Thanks again Micheal.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: R/C Car Meet Results Mon, 02 September 2002 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hiring the track at morebank has allready been discussed for the next meet...unfortunately if we do hire it we would have to use it on a weekday as they run there comps on the weekends.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: R/C Car Meet Results Mon, 02 September 2002 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bummer... Looks like I missed out on a good day... I'll definately be up for the next one... Hopefully it'll be after the HSC...
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: R/C Car Meet Results Mon, 02 September 2002 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you hire the track at moorebank i'll be there without a doubt would love to get my rc pulling 2nd gear around that track. Rolling
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: R/C Car Meet Results Mon, 02 September 2002 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will look into it, but we need definate numbers to make it worth while, and would have to mabey be a Saturday or a weekday,
But either way we would need definate numbers, A minimum of 10 would be good and would then cost no more then $15 a head.

Cheers

Ben
AE86 Trueno 4AGE.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: R/C Car Meet Results Tue, 03 September 2002 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben,

If you and Micheal can orgainse a Saturday at Moorebank track then can I suggest a few things.

Firstly you need to set a Date in advance. I'd recomend late after Mid october at the earliest and you need to take a deposit form everyone to ensure you cover the costs. I'd suggest a Non refundable $10 deposit as a minimum (would only be refundable if the day was cancelled - NO other reasons)

If you guys can arrange a day then post it up. collect the deposits with receipts and if you don't get enough people by say 2 weeks before the day you should be able to cal it off without being out of pocket. (Assuming Moorebank track don't need a deposit and have a minimum cancellation notification time of 2 weeks)

Talk to Micheal and give me a Buzz if you want to Persue it. I'd be up for a day at up to $20 !

Let me know.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: R/C Car Meet Results Tue, 03 September 2002 08:52 Go to previous message
Sorry guys but Im pretty much off the social and organising callendar for the rest of the year now due to Lyndel finishing work next week and being ready to burst in the very near future so youll have to count me out of most things from now on Im afraid Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Historic Racing
Next Topic:Laserzone Report!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Sep 29 21:26:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056819915771484 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.