Toymods » Members Rides » 2TGEU STOCK - 83rwkw Running Delco ECU

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
icon4.gif  2TGEU STOCK - 83rwkw Running Delco ECU Mon, 05 April 2004 03:35 Go to next message
As the title states, i dyno'd my car last week after setting up all the efi gear and i made 83rwkw (which is 150hp at the motor).

The motor is completely standard except for the extractors, the quad throttle bodies and the Delco ECU running everything.

My enquiry is to anyone else who has dyno'd their 2TG motor as i'd be very interested in comparison to other standard motors (i mean internal mod's when i say standard). My last dyno with the solex's pulled 54rwkw. The only difference here is efi!

Send a private message to this user    
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: 2TGEU STOCK - 83rwkw Running Delco ECU Mon, 05 April 2004 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked - That's one HELL of an improvement!! Good work!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 2TGEU STOCK - 83rwkw Running Delco ECU Mon, 05 April 2004 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was this on the same dyno, with the same operator, same operating software version, same ambient conditions, same tyres, same tyre pressure, same gear ratios etc etc?

If not then it hardly an accurate comparitive guide. Chassis dynos are a tuning tool, and i have seen chassis dyno figures vary more than 20kW atw between two different dynos with an identical car (ON THE SAME DAY!).

But if the only variable was the engine, then i'd say its a very healthy improvement.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 April 2004 05:05]

7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: 2TGEU STOCK - 83rwkw Running Delco ECU Mon, 05 April 2004 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucid - Cheers!

THE WITZL - Yeah i see your point. It was a different dyno, but i'd be more inclinded to say this one was properly setup as the guy was doing real work to the car, where as the previous place was only tuning carbs therefore very minimal setup. But that's all up for different opinions too.

I'll tell you what though, you diffinately could feel the extra power Very Happy

7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: 2TGEU STOCK - 83rwkw Running Delco ECU Mon, 05 April 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anyone seen standard efi 2TG's make similar power?
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 2TGEU STOCK - 83rwkw Running Delco ECU Tue, 06 April 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn thats alot of power 4 a nearly stock 2tg
TA22
Regular

June 2003
Re: 2TGEU STOCK - 83rwkw Running Delco ECU Thu, 27 May 2004 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my stock 2tgeu did 40rwhp haha piece of sh|t
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 2TGEU STOCK - 83rwkw Running Delco ECU Fri, 28 May 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeha i dont think the hybrids even make that much kw
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: 2TGEU STOCK - 83rwkw Running Delco ECU Sat, 29 May 2004 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm a little skeptical myself cause it doesn't match up with other power figures. If I'm not working on the next dyno day I'll bring it round and it'll then be a proper comparison.

I spoke to the guy who tuned it and he mention when dyno's are setup on the shoot out modes, it'll read higher than how his is configured, but only time will tell.

Well there is one difference with this motor than virtually most others, and that's its the questionable unlabled 88262 head. This head design was from my understanding the last made and therefore 'might' be of better design but who knows. Id say myself that due to fuel and emission restrictions at the time that it would be a low flow design, but it does open up very well on top end so it's open to anyones opinion.

They made so many of the yamaha heads it hard to compare apples with apples.

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 2TGEU STOCK - 83rwkw Running Delco ECU Sat, 29 May 2004 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We put our 2TG on the dyno today and got 81.5HP (60.7Kw) at the wheels.
Its a stock standard 2TG with twin delortos.
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: 2TGEU STOCK - 83rwkw Running Delco ECU Sat, 29 May 2004 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah that sounds good at mine only made 55rwkw with standard 40mm solex's (which weren't tuned for the car) and with point dizzy so the spark wasn't the best/acurate.

What head (is your high comp)?
What rpm did you reach? Mine only managed 5500rpm at that time.

Due to mine now revving to 7000rpm might justify the extra 30kw, but who knows.

Cool1 - Well Done!

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 2TGEU STOCK - 83rwkw Running Delco ECU Sat, 29 May 2004 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not sure what revs it was doing, the dyno sheet hasnt got it plotted on there Confused But max power was about 140KPH.
Its the 88260 head 8.5:1 comp. I'm reasonably happy with what we got. But I cant help but wonder what I could get with an EFI setup being megasquirted Rolling Eyes
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 2TGEU STOCK - 83rwkw Running Delco ECU Sat, 29 May 2004 03:36 Go to previous message
Also that was with some shit old crappy dummshit filters fitted. I told the guy to remove them but he didnt. Theres a noticable difference driving with out them on there so I would love to know what it would do on the dyno without them Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ViPeR's RA60 Celica
Next Topic:Tommo's TA22
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 23:06:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045020580291748 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.