Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » want to help me tow a Celica home from Warwick (Qld)?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

want to help me tow a Celica home from Warwick (Qld)? Fri, 09 April 2004 12:47 Go to next message
Hi folks,

anybody (in BNE) got a decent sized car that could:
- tow a car trailor with an 1100+kg RA40 on it
- do it this week before friday (am back at work then) or on the weekend
- put up with me complaining about how much money that goddam turbo has sucked out of my wallet...

i'll cover costs of trailor hire & petrol - and if your brave, some road-junk-food?

why?? ... the 18Rturbo decided that going up thru Warwick was a good time to run so fucken lean that i got the whole exhaust manifold and turbo snail red-hot...(long story, ask me another day) ... at 11:30pm on thursday nite !?$&^%!

...so i've obviously trashed the turbo bearing, shaft and exhaust turbine - and it's likely that the exhaust valves are also in need of maintenance... and ii'll have to do a comp test to see how sick the rings are... <grrr>

Wilbo has some raw vid of the glowing manifold & turbo on his camera but it'll need enhancing to make it viewable before we post it somewhere

the upshot of this fine adventure? ...the turbo's coming off, i'll NA EFI this engine with my Megasquirt hardware and run the engine into the ground <grrr>.

BUT WAIT THERE"S MORE... after returning to brisbane to get Wilbo's car, his cressida decided that the rear seal/bearing in the auto trans should fail while returning a loaner car to Toowoomba ... so we CANT MAKE IT TO THE NATS Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Mad
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: want to help me tow a Celica home from Warwick (Qld)? Fri, 09 April 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get on ICQ stupid.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: want to help me tow a Celica home from Warwick (Qld)? Fri, 09 April 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok so you dont like that idea. Give me a call then sometime Wink
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: want to help me tow a Celica home from Warwick (Qld)? Fri, 09 April 2004 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you still need a tow or is something sorted. let me know and we might be able to sort something out. Ill make some calls if your interested.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: want to help me tow a Celica home from Warwick (Qld)? Sat, 10 April 2004 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi folks,
shane has offered to drive & help me retrieve the car on sunday...i guess i owe shane & wilbo lots of beer now... Wink
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: want to help me tow a Celica home from Warwick (Qld)? Sat, 10 April 2004 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Sat, 10 April 2004 11:45

i guess i owe shane & wilbo lots of beer now... Wink

Yes, yes you do Wink
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: want to help me tow a Celica home from Warwick (Qld)? Sun, 11 April 2004 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi all,

many thanks/cheers to Shane for helping me out by towing my car back to Brisbane.

I'll post pics of the damage when i've sobered up and have helped Wilbo get his gearbox transplant completed.

so... do Wilbo & I get awards for damaging our vehicles while trying to get to the Toy' Nats? Cool Laughing

wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: want to help me tow a Celica home from Warwick (Qld)? Sun, 11 April 2004 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol we should at least get the "we tried the freaking hardest to get there award!" Laughing

Cheers
Wilbo
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: want to help me tow a Celica home from Warwick (Qld)? Sun, 11 April 2004 08:55 Go to previous message
The old Falcoon had fun today bellowing out loud as we went up them hills with the RA40 on the back Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:what is the top speed for the new corolla (standard)
Next Topic:need a new muffler
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Oct 6 21:25:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054237842559814 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.