Toymods » Members Rides » twin turbo UZ185 *1st 1/4 mile run*

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
PyR0~
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Thu, 24 February 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BEST CELICA EVER!!! 'Nuff said. Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Thu, 24 February 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVAH
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Tue, 01 March 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man just got a hold of the burnout pic from the photographers website, thats some serious burning rubber Shocked and i could imagine they r not cheap tyres....
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Thu, 03 March 2005 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all i can say is...OMG...is worth selling one testical for it man...THATS TOPS....

Since i've seen the engine bay picy in Zoom 80 (under the 1uz-fe modifing section).. and it insane...but look very much at home!!!

i hate to copy...But u have insparied me to one day before i die to make a "UZ165"...with the sticker on the back window..

A Hairdresser's car that rumbles....spools and is sideways...in 4th
No! Jesus isn't back yet!

that is MY DREAM CAR MAN....top stuff..no words for it!!

But i can't find them pics ont he photographer's site...can anyone give me direct links...or could u justen post some new ones or soemthing..i'm dying to see!

Nezza Cool
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Thu, 03 March 2005 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are in the wallpapers section: http://home.iprimus.com.au/easton/wallpapers.html
go to the very bottom Very Happy
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 09 March 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah you could say it was a bit of an expensive day....2 well toasted pirelli P zeros Smile worth it though

i hope to have the traction issue or rather the lack of traction issue better sorted with the new wheel combination. I'd post a sneak peek but no URL unfortunately...what's up with that, some forums will upload from your hard drive but this one needs to grab pics from a URL address?
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 09 March 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Imageshack Very Happy
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Wed, 09 March 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 13:09

what's up with that, some forums will upload from your hard drive but this one needs to grab pics from a URL address?

This is because we don't have the hard drive space to host everyone's random images. Smiley =

We do extend the courtesy to our financial members though, so mail me the pix and I'll stick them up for ya.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Tue, 15 March 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much more finacial can i get ? Smile

So it's selected forums where you can uplaod from your hard drive? I have posted pics before in FS etc? Just curious.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Tue, 15 March 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup. We allow it in the FS sections. Smile
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Tue, 15 March 2005 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was fortunate to get a ride in this car while in Canberra - very impressive. I've taken some footage that I'll get a friend to edit and will send to you too, Justen.
ae86levint
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: twin turbo UZT185 Wed, 16 March 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good job!! very impressive. shouldn't it be uzt185 tho? Razz
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Thu, 17 March 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Justin, i was having a look at the pics of your white GT4 in that cangerra celica club feature in hot4's.

Whats the deal with your strut brace. What are the vertical members attached to? one looks like it is supporting a ally tank/box of some sort and the other going down to the engine somewhere. Was this one to support the strut where it is bent?

Either way, nice looking car. You sold this one didn't you?

Bah even with a very healthy 3S, it aint no v8 Evil or Very Mad
DenZel
Regular

January 2004
    -
Re: twin turbo UZ185 Fri, 08 April 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can some one plz post any links to a video or pictures again as i cant seen to find anything - to many posts

be most grateful is someone could post them up again
1UZ FTE
Regular

May 2002

Re: twin turbo UZ185 Mon, 11 April 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was fortunate to get a ride in this thing on the weekend and what can i say ,..absolutely awesome , the sound of the 1u and turbos is just insane

Everything is so tight a fit and yet not a rattle anywhere, this car is a credit to Justen

JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *update* Tue, 19 April 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Jamie. High praise from the creator of that 22 monster. I should give credit where credit is due though and reiterate that my mate Simon is the master welder.

Now it's time to get stuck into the next stage. The car is coming off the road to be fully stripped again. New round of mods to include-

Tremec TKO 600 gearbox with short shift kit
TRD LSD center (anyone want the torsion?)
rear cradle spacers to adjust rear geometry
small rewire to have autronic control WI
New wheels (18x9 rear and 18x8.5 Fr, already on)
Single piece tailshaft (probably)
Whiteline rear swaybar
Custom front swaybar
recaros
up the rear part of the exhaust to 3.5 inch mandrel
A few litle tidy ups

Once this is done i should be back on the road with 300+rwkw that i can use. See how long the poor stock internals last then i guess.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: twin turbo UZ185 *update* Tue, 19 April 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Tue, 19 April 2005 13:52

TRD LSD center (anyone want the torsion?)

donations are allways welcome to the ma70 parts fund Smile
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *update* Tue, 19 April 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
err yeah, a reciprocal donation of $400 to the GT8 fund would also be welcome Wink
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: twin turbo UZ185 *update* Tue, 19 April 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*points to your avatar* Laughing
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: twin turbo UZ185 *update* Tue, 19 April 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I question "usable" power

It already fries those new bigger bags, its just gonna be more silly

So in other words sweet bring it on!!!

The new gear box and diff just mean you'll be able to step off the clutch alot harder

Is it getting a bigger radiator??
Cause with more power comes more drift and less air going thru the radiator to keep the bitch cool.

and p.s. thanks again for the rides in Kiama looking fwd to seeing it again after this next build up
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *update* Tue, 19 April 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justen have you had a go actually drifting it properly on a track?

if yes, then how does it go?
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *update* Tue, 19 April 2005 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd to know what drifting 'properly' is Smile Will i conpromise the handling of the car to get ridiculous slip angles and do all the other mods a D1 car would have that make it undriveable on the road...no. Can it hang the arse out controllably at speed..yes, but you there's a fine line and you're gone if you cross it.

Guess you'll just have to come for nother blatt when it's done Stitt Smile. I'm hoping the rear geometry change will net some big traction gains, plus even though the rear rubber is wide it's a tad old and hard. Some decent rubber will make a big difference.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *update* Mon, 06 June 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok nearly back on the road after installing the Tremec TKO600, TRD diff, and rear cradle adjustment.....just waiting on some stainless 3.5 mandrels so we can finish the exhaust. I have a few pics of the mods we did to the rear cradle and general underbody shots but no site to host them from. Anyone volunteer to set up a link for me?
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *update* Tue, 07 June 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got space on my photobucket account but thats bout all i can offer Sad
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *update* Tue, 07 June 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or the supreme beings could give me posting powers seeing it's pics pics pics the punters want to see Wink
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *update* Tue, 07 June 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Justen,

Try Image Shack. Can't remember the full name of the site, but it is a US based one and quite easy to use

Cheers

MB
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *update* Tue, 07 June 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^ Hehehe, looking forward to this update Justen. It aint no drift car, you wouldn't want it to be, but I bet its bags of fun to drive! IMO drift spec cars look a bit spastic but a normal car in opposite lock looks a million bucks!
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *update* Tue, 07 June 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justen

Email me the pics yep11s @ bigpond.net.au and ill host these on my FTP
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *update* Tue, 07 June 2005 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks Damo, email on the way
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *update* Wed, 08 June 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for the Delay , Uploading pics now
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *update* Wed, 08 June 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.synthetic-engine-oils.com/justengt4/cradle%20B.jpg
http://www.synthetic-engine-oils.com/justengt4/rose%20joint.jpg
http://www.synthetic-engine-oils.com/justengt4/screamer.jpg
http://www.synthetic-engine-oils.com/justengt4/trailing%20arm.jpg
http://www.synthetic-engine-oils.com/justengt4/trans.jpg
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *update* Wed, 08 June 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Thanks Damo....i'll have some more of the finished exhaust tomorrow i suspect. Going from the twin 2.45 inch setup to a single 4 inch and then down to 3.5 for the bit over the rear end and final massive muffler. Should sound tough but restrained i hope.
1UZ FTE
Regular

May 2002

Re: twin turbo UZ185 *update* Thu, 09 June 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justen

Is that a screamer pipe 3rd pic down ?? i presume if so that the other side will have one as well

J
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *update* Thu, 09 June 2005 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
err yes i guess it is Embarassed ....just a bit of fun and only took 5 minutes to whip up. I'll run them for the upcoming dyno day to scare the shit outta the workshop Smile
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *update* Thu, 09 June 2005 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
err yes i guess it is Embarassed ....just a bit of fun and only took 5 minutes to whip up. I'll run them for the upcoming dyno day to scare the shit outta the workshop Smile
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *now with some pics* Fri, 10 June 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.synthetic-engine-oils.com/justengt4/resonator.jpg

http://www.synthetic-engine-oils.com/justengt4/collector.jpg
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *now with some pics* Mon, 13 June 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, i did a shakedown run over the long weekend and mostly things are looking good. The new Tremec feels awesome to shift, dare i say it a massive improvement over the W58. The new diff ratio also really suits the car...it cruises sweet and the coupla times i opened it up it was damn fast but alot less frantic.

A coupla niggly issues. Boost control needs to be revised as i spiked to something over 16psi and it detonated it's titts off. The clutch fork throw out bearing rattles like a bitch as well when you load the thing up from low revs...once revs are on board it's fine but it's going to become very annoying if it doesn't settle down.

Dyno day coming up so se if the new exhaust has improved rwkw. I'll probably only run 10psi due to time constraints preventing a decent tuning session. Still hopefull of laying down it's highest numbers yet though....touch wood.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *now with some pics* Fri, 17 June 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Off to the dyno this arvo for a quick tweak tune. Gave it a big run last night feels at least as quick as it ever was but with better traction (still happily breaks out whenever you want though). It produced 11psi in the cold so prob drop to around 9-10 on the dyno...see what happens eh.

I'll have a piuc of the new wheels up soon as well...fat is the word
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *now with some pics* Sun, 19 June 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
New wheels ? Shocked the gold ones look awesome! what r the new ones? and yes pics when u get them Very Happy
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *now with some pics* Mon, 20 June 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damo has a good pic of the new wheels to put up when he finds the time.....I'll have to start paying him soon Smile
The gold wheels have been confined to track duties for now unless i find a set of 17's to do the job...nedd to be 9's for the rear though so hard to find.

And the big news is the lastest hp figures as a result of the new exhaust. The beast laid down a tidy 320rwkw at a mild 13psi with good a/f ratios and not a hint of effort. Pretty happy with that so i'll be leaving the grunt side of things alone for a while and concentrating on handling and good heat control for track work. Made the 7 litre big block chev look pretty ordinary Smile
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *now with some pics* Mon, 20 June 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Mon, 20 June 2005 10:15

And the big news is the lastest hp figures as a result of the new exhaust. The beast laid down a tidy 320rwkw at a mild 13psi with good a/f ratios and not a hint of effort.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Igottagetmetocanberranow !!!!!!

Can't wait till I get my arse up there and see what this is like in the flesh and get taken for a ride.

The white GT4 was great, but this would be something else !!!!
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *now with some pics* Mon, 20 June 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Mon, 20 June 2005 10:15

And the big news is the lastest hp figures as a result of the new exhaust. The beast laid down a tidy 320rwkw at a mild 13psi with good a/f ratios and not a hint of effort.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Igottagetmetocanberranow !!!!!!

Can't wait till I get my arse up there and see what this is like in the flesh and get taken for a ride.

The white GT4 was great, but this would be something else !!!!
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *new dyno result* Mon, 20 June 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked HOLY SHIT Shocked That is fuckin awesome i want your car so bad makes my standard gt4 sound like a barina Razz
1UZ FTE
Regular

May 2002

Re: twin turbo UZ185 *new dyno result* Mon, 20 June 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For conparison it took me 1.1 to 1.2 Bar boost to acheive 320rwkw with my 1u running the single GT ,.. I never got the twins Ct26 any better than 285rwkw and that was at 1.2bar

Very nice result at a good low boost setting Smile
Actually i would say that is the best result so far, for that boost level that i have heard of on a 1u for street use

The other thing is that justen went to 2 different dynos and got similar results within 2days of each other so this only confirms results Very Happy

J

[Updated on: Mon, 20 June 2005 23:48]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *new dyno result* Tue, 21 June 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is an awesome figure at low boost levels. I don't suppose there are any vids of this dyno run?
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *new dyno result* Tue, 21 June 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes indeed, the 1st dyno was 313rwkw on 11psi with the 3inch rear muffler.

I went straight to my mate's place after that as some 3.5 inch mandrels we were waiting on had turned up that would allow us to put on the monster 3.5 inch barrel muffler.

Obviously the extra 0.5 inch dia made a difference and gave me an extra 2psi thru enhanced exhaust flow and another 7kw or so at the wheels.

never underestimate the benefits of good exhaust flow i guess. I think if i went to a 3 inch twin setup off the turbos i could be looking at as much as another 30rwkw...we'll definitely look at that in the future but i doubt we can find the room...very tight in there Smile
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *new dyno result* Tue, 21 June 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was in the car during the run so i didn't get a vid. Apparently there was a guy who got a bit but no one i know. Anyone??
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *new dyno result* Tue, 21 June 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Tue, 21 June 2005 08:15

I think if i went to a 3 inch twin setup off the turbos i could be looking at as much as another 30rwkw...we'll definitely look at that in the future but i doubt we can find the room...very tight in there Smile

surely you could make room? its worth having a crack at least, thats for sure.

awesome work justen, this is an insane peice of engineering. I would love to see this in person, but alas im on the other side of the country
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: twin turbo UZ185 *new dyno result* Wed, 22 June 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awsome Justen good to see your time, effort and ideas getting more power.

I can't wait to come for another spin,

are we gunna see it at the dyno day next week???
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *new dyno result* Wed, 22 June 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not likely sorry Stitt...too much on and i know what it does now anyway. I guess it would be interesting to compare what it does at sea level oxygen levels and higher air temps?
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *new dyno result* Wed, 22 June 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice going Justen, sounds like you have some more raw power at the wheels without compromising the characteristics of the vehicle. What made you use the Celica GT-Four as your canvas, and also a Grp A Rallye at that? You must have been a big fan to have owned two of them.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *new dyno result* Wed, 22 June 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess it depends on what chracteristics you mean...no longer AWD so traction off the line is down....all other handling aspects have improved though.

Love the lines of the GrpA no doubt....the red beast came along at a price that made it the cheapest option for this conversion by far. I looked at doing this with an RA23/28 a 240Z and nothing came close bang for buck for me.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *new dyno result* Thu, 23 June 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't believe i've missed this thread all this time...

Mate, i'd like to congratulate you on the beast of a car you have produced, 320rwkw is an insane amount of power to handle, hope you enjoy it Very Happy

If you're every coming up to Sydney, give us a yell coz i'd love to check it out Surprised
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *new dyno result* Thu, 23 June 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You been hiding on the moon or something Dimmy Smile

Check out the Nov/Dec issue of SPEED for a pretty decent feature article
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *new dyno result* Thu, 23 June 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justen, will the Celica be making an appearance at the CCG track day in July? Looks like the driveline should be able to handle anything thrown at it Shocked

One day just for fun you should point it down the quarter at WSID, my rough calculations estimate that it will be F$%KEN FAST Evil or Very Mad and will shock a few cars that are setup for straight line work Wink

Absolutely awesome car.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *new dyno result* Thu, 23 June 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup Shane, all going well i'll be giving it a squirt at Wakefield.

Keen to get to WSID as well but would have to line up a trailer as the rear shafts are a little on the suspect side i think....just where they spline down into the stock GT4 rear hubs
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *new dyno result* Thu, 23 June 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excellent Very Happy

1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *new dyno result* Fri, 24 June 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.synthetic-engine-oils.com/justengt4/fat%201.jpg
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *new dyno result* Fri, 24 June 2005 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My god!!! That is insane looking. What a fat looking machine. Those wheels fill in the GT4 Widebody well i think, LOL.

Are they still 5x100? what is the offset justen?

Wouldnt mind some more pics mate, Looks nuts.

The wheels looks similar to these:
http://img40.echo.cx/img40/7607/morikawa4po4qa.jpg

Very nice dude!

[Updated on: Fri, 24 June 2005 16:47]

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: twin turbo UZ185 *new dyno result* Sat, 25 June 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
out of curiosity, how wide are the rears Shocked
Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:[AE86] monkeymajiks's Levin Hatch Turbo - DynoCharts Up
Next Topic:SleekHer's RA28 - MISFIT -
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 04:51:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011936902999878 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.