Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Opinions Needed- What you think??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MD0086
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Opinions Needed- What you think?? Thu, 15 April 2004 05:26 Go to next message
Hi im a new comer so ill start by saying its a nice forum you guys have here
Just needing am opion on my options??
I own a 1886 Toyota Corolla Ke55 and was just im considering putting a rotary 12a mild port with twin webbers. Just wondering what you guys think of this conversion:
If i should do it
or buy a car which has already had the work done to it?
Also the pros and cons of this converion would also be very much appreciated
thanks alot
Michael
P.S pics of my car can be found here http://www.redlinegti.com/index.php?p=pergal&u =waylow&gid=109
Also any other comment would also help especially relating to other modification i could do in the furure Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Opinions Needed- What you think?? Thu, 15 April 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MD0086 wrote on Thu, 15 April 2004 15:26

I own a 1886 Toyota Corolla Ke55

Wow ... old classic skool ... Razz

Seriously, you will always save $$$ if you buy a modded car off someone else however there is a greater chance of getting a car which has had a hard life.

12A into a KE55 is possible and I doubt it is often done ... the only one I'm aware of is used a the drag racing team which had a V8 supercharger in it & now a 13B ...

You'll be best advised to get suitable brakes + stronger driveline & diff, nothing less than a Hilux diff + either W58 or RX7 series 4/5 gearbox.

Good luck!
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Opinions Needed- What you think?? Thu, 15 April 2004 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Certains would be different, its alot of work but i think it would be worth it.
MD0086
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Opinions Needed- What you think?? Thu, 15 April 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i know it would be a lot of work.
I have a 12a from a mates mazada rx7 and the guys at dyson rotary are putting a 13b turbp into it. Most likely i will be able to get some of the old parts from the engine converion, e.g diff, gearbox drive train, etc so that should cut costs and make finding parts easier.
I have been told to get a hilux diff and maybe a corona 4 speed but i doubt that would work
What other mods could i do before i work on the engine??
Im thinkin of keeping it relatively stock exterior just maybe a nice set of mags and lower it to assist with the suspension and huge body roll lol
Michael

[Updated on: Thu, 15 April 2004 08:59]

truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Opinions Needed- What you think?? Thu, 15 April 2004 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why wouldnt a hilux diff and a corona 4 speed work? i know this has been done sucessfully before!, on the plus side a corona box is only like $40 - 80 if u break it!
MD0086
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Opinions Needed- What you think?? Thu, 15 April 2004 09:14 Go to previous message
truenosedan wrote on Thu, 15 April 2004 19:07

why wouldnt a hilux diff and a corona 4 speed work? i know this has been done sucessfully before!, on the plus side a corona box is only like $40 - 80 if u break it!

yeah the diff would work but i want to drag the car so i want a box that will last
Any suggestions??
Michael
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:help
Next Topic:I got rice..
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Oct 9 08:32:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071499347686768 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.