Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Queensland » Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sat, 17 April 2004 12:48 Go to next message
am not trying to pre-empt any cruises ... but i thought maybe a few of us forum members from Brizzie might want to meet/catch-up/crap-on?

a simple meet & eat might be acceptable for all?

Date: Saturday 1 May
Time: 12:30pm
Where in park: bbq tables between Area 2 & 3 (see map of park for details)
Parking: on-street along Hill End Tce and Orleigh Tce; and small off-street park at Area 1
Bring: bbq food; drink, cooking & eating utensils; an esky for cold drinks, hat, something to sit on (e.g. fold-up-chair or rug)

Location map:
<http://www.whereis.com.au:80/whereis/mapping/geoco deAddress.do?streetName=Hill+End+Terrace&poiTy pe=&suburb=West+End&state=Queensland&x =50&y=10>

Map of park:
<http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/community/facilitie s/parks/booking/orleigh_park.shtml>

How to get there if you use public transport:
-Catch a city cat going towards the Uni of Qld, get off at the West End terminal, turn left and walk up Orleigh street toiwards park. Ferry info is here: <http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/transport_parking/c itycat_ferry.shtml>
-The West End <190> bus also terminates at the West End ferry terminal. You can catch it from New Farm, from a few stops along Adelaide Street or at the bus stop at the cultural centre near South Brisbane railway station. Use the Jouney planner: <http://jp.transinfo.qld.gov.au/> to find more info but don't forget to put in the right date.

We may have to queue to use the bbq's so unless someone gets there early to reserve a table(s), then aim for shade under the trees.

plus if we're lucky, the west end nissan/rotary population might oblige us with a few power runs along the park - is a handy straight-line testing street but attacts an unfair amount of police attention. Cool

The labour day (may 1) march ends up at Roma Street parklands so that's probably a good place to avoid - crowd wise that is.
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sat, 17 April 2004 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Count me in Very Happy
waynewatson
Regular

May 2003
Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sat, 17 April 2004 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good idea. Post it to twincam.org for a bigger response.

I'd hate to be the guy on a car forum catching PUBLIC transport though, lol/
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sat, 17 April 2004 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waynewatson: can you cross post this to twincam.org?

and ...ummm ...i think that's me you're talking about... unless i get a daily driver before then... Embarassed
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sat, 17 April 2004 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive be right along side ya on the train chucky.....i wouldnt be seen at that kind of thing in my beast
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sun, 18 April 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be there if you guys can 100% confirm this in next 2-3 days so i can roster it off work
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sun, 18 April 2004 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Confirmed.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sun, 18 April 2004 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and re-confirmed ... unless weather works against us, we do this thing that we do
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sun, 18 April 2004 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i forget the fellows name, norbie would remember..maybe "simon"? owns a silver 1uzfe powered ma70...was at the nats...Whichever forum he is from we should also consider inviting...
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sun, 18 April 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would love to be there, i shall be at work that point in time!!! Sad i'm bound to meet some of you someday!!!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sun, 18 April 2004 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when we have like atleast 5 ill roster it off
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Mon, 19 April 2004 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes I WILL BE THERE! No friends parties on that day Smile

be good just to meet some more people and see what is happening. Don't know if I will have my Corona as I need a new diff so...?

looking forward to it!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Mon, 19 April 2004 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill see if i can get it off
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Tue, 20 April 2004 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so yeah ill be there Smile only 10 mins from me
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Tue, 20 April 2004 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Tue, 20 April 2004 21:08

so yeah ill be there Smile only 10 mins from me

how far away is ur v8 ma61?
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Tue, 20 April 2004 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a month or so after i get my $5000 worth of stolen parts back mate
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Tue, 20 April 2004 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Tue, 20 April 2004 22:21

wtf.. i missed all that.. dunno where i was.. what parts were stolen and will u get them all back?
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Wed, 21 April 2004 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a bit offtopic but it was good to see you at the nats blake,
sorry i didnt get a chance to stick around and chat but i had to find out when i was running and get some ice onto the I/C and stuff, i was hoping to catch up with you at the sunday night dinner but didnt see you,

and chuck, i heard about ur misshap on the way to dubbo, that sucks big time! but i guess you dont have many excuses to throw the 1ggte into the good ole celica!

i should be up in brissie again in the not to distant future, so we'll have to all go for a beer or something!

cheers guys
chris

p.s the dude with the silver 1u ma70, his name is simon konig, (sp?)
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Wed, 21 April 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how can we get in contact with him?
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Wed, 21 April 2004 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Wed, 21 April 2004 00:18

V8_MA61 wrote on Tue, 20 April 2004 22:21

wtf.. i missed all that.. dunno where i was.. what parts were stolen and will u get them all back?

I had $5000 worth of alloy heads, roller rockers, lots of other parts stolen out of frieght. So yeah i will get them back, but i have no idea when! its so frustrating waitinng, with nothing to do to make things quicker! Mad
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Wed, 21 April 2004 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alwaysRA23 wrote on Wed, 21 April 2004 15:50

p.s the dude with the silver 1u ma70, his name is simon konig, (sp?)

hi chris,

that name - Simon Konig - sounds vaguely familiar... does he run a tyre place at Indooroopilly?

i thought it was the Celica Club of Qld - but the contact listed in the club listing in Qld Street Car magazine is different - unless he is not the normal contact for that club? Next time i'm that way, i'll ask the guy for a card - anyone else on the forum been a member of that club?

cheers & see ya soon,
Charles.

btw: Blake - maybe next time you should insure with the Ulans & Associates Protection Services mob? rapid (if somewhat messy and violent) recovery a specialty...
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Wed, 21 April 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
needless to say i wont choose the same freight company again!
yeah he seems like a pretty kool guy, so i think we should invite him and a few others from the club along also. I met a few at the nats.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 April 2004 12:54]

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Thu, 22 April 2004 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not sure what simon does for a living,

but i know he also has a very tidy orange RA28.
and im not 100% sure on how to contact him.

cheers guys
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Thu, 22 April 2004 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might not be able to make this date Sad The hot rod show is on this weekend.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Thu, 22 April 2004 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im def out Sad.. need to make money
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Fri, 23 April 2004 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will still be there, still don't know what car though.
NoYesWhy
Regular

April 2004
icon14.gif  Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Fri, 23 April 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sup ya'l,

I just got my 1G-GTE RA-28 back on the road, and i live kinda close to west end so i'll pop by. I would love some handy hints and would be great to actully put faces to the words on this web site.

Look forward to meeting other toyota nuts. Razz
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Fri, 23 April 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill be there for sure now...Got my licence back today Very Happy Are the plans for a bbq or we just gonna meet up and then maybe cruise somewhere and grab some already cooked food. Laughing
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Fri, 23 April 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id like to know the same thing Razz
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Fri, 23 April 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chucky...we want some answers please
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Fri, 23 April 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldnt even mind a meet up where we didnt cruise at all
what id REALLY love is a brisbane toymods skirmish day hehe
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Fri, 23 April 2004 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i figured we'd actually sit down and talk/eat/veg-out for a few hours? let the testosterone level lower for a while... we can still talk car shit but it wont hurt to shutup and enjoy the view...

i've got no wheels at the moment ... so i'm all for pervin', talking and cooking Wink

... plus it might give us a break from online activities (e.g. we have a life outside the internet) and we can prove to each other that we can actually function socially without the assistance of a car and petrol and have enuf culinary skills to actually cook something at a bbq Wink

think of it as chill-out event... turn off the car, log off the computer, have a quick drive down to the river and chill for a few hours...

i'm sure some of you might want to go for a drive aftrwards - there's plenty of destiantions from a central location like west end... your choice...

it sounds like Ben & Blake are itching for a brisk drive thru the countryside Wink but all i'm willing to help with is the bbq & chat thing... what happens outside that is your responsibility Cool Laughing mostly as i don't have wheels yet....

as for skirmish... next meetup? any venues to suggest? what about us non-violent types who would prefer a walk in the national parks of SE Qld? Laughing
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Fri, 23 April 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id love to bushwalk the trails up through the cunninghams gap.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Fri, 23 April 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blake: can we bring maps to the bbq and discuss further?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sat, 24 April 2004 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love the idea of a cruisy BBQ, so once again, I will be there Smile.

Should be in my Corona as long as I get my wheel bearings pressed sometime early in the week.
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sat, 24 April 2004 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pretty sure that i will be able to come, i have to work at 3 so may not be able to stay for too long...
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sat, 24 April 2004 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Might be a change of plans charles...I have to put that genset rad back in at toombul saturday morning so im not sure if ill make it...I can only see on the day but will let ya know..
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sat, 24 April 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys.. yeah ill have to miss this one.. as for a skirmish meet up theresa a REALLY good one at samford(we all passed it on the way
between samford and dayboro...
ive been there quite a few times and it rocks
ill try and organise one as soon as i get back up on my feet financially ...
and from there.. u can go up through all the mt mee roads and such if u feel like a bit of a hammer
main reason i cant come is im so broke and make more money on saturday than any other day Sad
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sun, 25 April 2004 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i might be in brissie that w/end with my sad looking feral to see the hot rod show with Shane.
i am sure the 2 of us (if i do come down) could join you guys for a couple hours to dribble some shite, eat some food and look at the view/s.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Mon, 26 April 2004 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im still in! can we have a count of whos coming?

Charles, when do you want to pop around to check out the bellhousing?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Mon, 26 April 2004 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the plan to just bring enough food you yourself and cook it all together or what? I think that would be the easiest way.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Mon, 26 April 2004 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
update (as of wednesday 28 april)

i think we should all bring:
-enuf food for yourself (e.g. meat/fake-meat, bread, cheese, onion, salad bits etc)
-something to drink
-some snack food
-a disposable plate to eat off
-cutlery to suit your eating style/skills
-a cup for holding drinkable liquid
-something to sit on
-something to stop sunburn & insects

and the generous types among us might bring:
-a salad
-sauce
-a tray to hold cooked food
-a container to hold cutup onions
-cooking & cutting impliments
-esky with ice/soft-drinks

can someone bring a portable CD player so there's some background musak?

If you get drunk we confiscate your car keys - but that's not to discourage non-drivers from drinking stonger tasting beer... tho we should be aware that technically it's illegal to consume alcohol in a public place.

we should try to monoplise a bbq (unless there's a big crowd there) but cook/prepare our own food, sharing impliments as we go. Obviously, the meat-eaters and vegeburger-eaters may wish to cook in batches.

When we get better at this 'organization' thing, we might try bulk buying/feeding?

Known attendee's:
V8_MA61
Zhyr & brother
waynewatson
franscis.puran
boris

possibly attendees on way to the hot rod show:
Chris Davey
Cool1
feral4mr2 (with clean car!)

possibles if they can squeeze it in:
wilbo666
people100

[Updated on: Wed, 28 April 2004 11:46]

people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Mon, 26 April 2004 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i may not be attending due to the generator work at toombul. If i get it done early enought then i will be there if not ill have to cool ya charles and let ya know.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Wed, 28 April 2004 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this still happening?
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Wed, 28 April 2004 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as far as i know but not sure how many are coming...
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Wed, 28 April 2004 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i think ill be there with my brother. he might be bringing his own car if he gets it.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Wed, 28 April 2004 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i washed all the crud off the car after work today, it shamed me to see how much of a pig i have turned it into... Embarassed

Laughing

i will be coming down to brissie on friday night, so expect me to be there if it isnt too hard for me to find.

John.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Wed, 28 April 2004 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speak up if you need directions.
MY mobile 0407113922
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Thu, 29 April 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
final update

It's still on unless it's raining when i wake up on Saturday morning.

Time
i'll try to be there from about 11:30am onwards
but i would suggest that being a BBQ, a start sometime after 12:30pm would be good
i was planning on staying until atleast 3:30pm

Weather
should be fine ... this is what weather man <www.bom.gov.au> said for thursday tonight...
BRISBANE METROPOLITAN AREA
Periods of rain clearing this evening. Fine Friday. Moderate northeast to
northwest winds, shifting westerly tonight fresh at times before easing late
Friday.
Brisbane for Friday ... MIN 15 MAX 25
Saturday ... Fine. Cool morning. MIN 13 MAX 25

Other stuff? see earlier posts...

My contact # is: 0414 269 310

C yooz all ther
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sat, 01 May 2004 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks to all that attended. Good to put some more names to faces.

Hope to see as many of you as possible at Willowbank on the 29th where I will actually be driving my car Smile
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sat, 01 May 2004 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Sat, 01 May 2004 17:48

thanks to all that attended. Good to put some more names to faces.

Hope to see as many of you as possible at Willowbank on the 29th where I will actually be driving my car Smile

you hope ya actually gonna be driving Wink
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sat, 01 May 2004 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah was a good arvo. even thgough i did get there late.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sat, 01 May 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
at least u bothered to turn up ben!
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sat, 01 May 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt have much choice really. Only live like 10 minutes away and wanted to get to know some people from the forum.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sat, 01 May 2004 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had to work to pay for jzz10.. ill be there on 29th for sure
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sat, 01 May 2004 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was good to see some new faces! ... and to hear what sounded like a shared desire to get some more club activities going and to see how we can all benefit from being in an organised club.

...plus a few of us said we were going to financially join toymods!

Frank (francis.puran) had a suggestion that we meet up for drinks somewhere comfortable? maybe after the driving&drags on the 29th?

anyway maybe we start a new thread for regular social events?

also... any feedback on venue? should the search for the ultimate BBQ spot continue? i'll get some portable signage for the next gig.

... and can someone tell me what's with tall guys drive sports cars for short people? Wink ... i keep meeting tall dudes who drive MR2s, Celicas and other - despite them heading into 6 1/2 foot height territory? even the prev owner of my old green RA23 had to drive with the seat right back and leaned half-way back 'cause he was a 7ft basketball player.
Laughing
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sat, 01 May 2004 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not THAT tall Surprised
barely 6'1, if that

just need to work out how to extend the steering wheel 1/2 an inch of so, so i can reach it better Wink
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sat, 01 May 2004 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wanted to be there so much Sad
jzz10 due on wednesday...
NoYesWhy
Regular

April 2004
icon14.gif  Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sat, 01 May 2004 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sup Boyz,

Just thinking of some of the places to meet after the drive /drag on the 29th. Garden City seems like a good idea (depending on were you all live) No dress code for the pub, you can grab a meal and there is public transport close by. So in-turn we don't have to meet straight up after the do, its more like a chilling out session or something. My prob is that i might take the '28' of the road by that time so i might not be able to attend but we'll see how that gose. And YES there should be another thread for meets. All-in-all it was cool ta meet ya'll.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Beer & BBQ anyone? Saturday May 1? Sun, 02 May 2004 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
francis.puran wrote on Sun, 02 May 2004 09:16

Garden City

I second this (it is close to me Razz ), shane will hate this idea tho Laughing

btw whats wrong with the 28? Confused

Cheers
Wilbo
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Rolla Club turns 2!!!
Next Topic:IMPORTANT
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 11:40:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0096008777618408 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.