Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » GA61 and 2nd gen 1G-GTE wiring diagrams?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon9.gif  GA61 and 2nd gen 1G-GTE wiring diagrams? Sat, 17 April 2004 23:16 Go to next message
Hi all,

I'm after wiring diagrams for the GA61 and 1G-GTE... It seems the wiring diagrams on the toymods site are possibly for a chaser or something (the colours are all wrong).

One major difference is that the 24pin plug on the GA61 is a part of the cars wiring loom, not the engine loom, while the 1g-gte's 24pin plug is part of the engine loom.

Any suggestions?
  Send a private message to this user    
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: GA61 and 2nd gen 1G-GTE wiring diagrams? Sat, 17 April 2004 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speak with sixworks (grant) from these forums. he has all this information.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: GA61 and 2nd gen 1G-GTE wiring diagrams? Sat, 17 April 2004 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HyDrA wrote on Sun, 18 April 2004 07:16

Hi all,

I'm after wiring diagrams for the GA61 and 1G-GTE... It seems the wiring diagrams on the toymods site are possibly for a chaser or something (the colours are all wrong).

One major difference is that the 24pin plug on the GA61 is a part of the cars wiring loom, not the engine loom, while the 1g-gte's 24pin plug is part of the engine loom.

Any suggestions?

The colours change from year to year or when the Toyota engineers got bored, what you need to look for more is the pinouts themselves.

The techdocs do indeed have the Gen2 diagrams, just have to look around.
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: GA61 and 2nd gen 1G-GTE wiring diagrams? Sun, 18 April 2004 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gidday

Do a bit of a search as most of this has been covered before. I did have a quick look but could not find it, and I put a lot of the stuff there. You are right the diagrams in the gallery are for gen3. This should not be a real problem as the are only several main defferences.

1. The pins outs - the gen 3 had different number of pins on the plugs and therefore different pin outs. I have posted the gen2 pin outs in the gallery. Also note that I have posted the pinouts for the other two plugs in the loom located near the computer. One is for the dash and the other for the rest of the car electonics. Again look in the gallery

2. The Gen 3 does not use an ignition ballast resister. If you have the original loom this will not be a problem as its location will be obvious - its the rectagular box near the coil and ignitor. If you still have problems I can scan that page of the manual.

I have never seen a full wiring diagram for a gen 1/2, just the bits spread through my engine manual.

IF you are still having problems give me a ring on 0413190752.

Craig
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: GA61 and 2nd gen 1G-GTE wiring diagrams? Sun, 18 April 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are indeed some Gen2 pinouts in the techdocs, no wiring diagrams though. Providing you have the factory loom, there aren't *too* many external connections which is what I'm counting on. I'll e-mail you the stuff I have if you'd like, just fire me an address you want them to go to.
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: GA61 and 2nd gen 1G-GTE wiring diagrams? Sun, 18 April 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i did manage to find this :

http://members.optushome.com.au/mkhala/red_celica/ 1G-GTE_info/1g_gte_ecu_wiring.pdf

justcallmefrank i've sent u a PM.
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: GA61 and 2nd gen 1G-GTE wiring diagrams? Sun, 18 April 2004 06:11 Go to previous message
oh and more goodness here :

http://www.1jz-gte.us/Images/1ggte/1g-gte.pdf

(but its in japanese, not too hard to translate some of it)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1G where 18R/22R used to be...
Next Topic:4age rod specs
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Oct 18 07:19:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045239925384521 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.