Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Mon, 05 July 2004 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrAiGzEE wrote on Mon, 05 July 2004 21:55

im with miss rolla, i believe the small numbers was because of the limit, alot of people are unable to commit till either that morning or a couple of days before due to other oblegations. I wasnt willing to drive 2 hours on a guess let alone the canbera celica club

glad it was a great day and spewing i couldnt catch up with a few of you guys

c

A phone call on the morning or the night before would have cleared up any doubts you had. But i do understand the predicament.....
  Send a private message to this user    
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Mon, 05 July 2004 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wish I could've hung around and met more people, but work took over Nope. Bacon and egg rolls were fantastic though Smiley =
twinturbo86
Regular

June 2003
Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Mon, 05 July 2004 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Joshstix wrote on Mon, 05 July 2004 15:33]

There was also a 1G that made near on 210KW, something for all the other 1G owners to aim for(I'm looking at you here Gold28).quote]

go the $500 motor

[Updated on: Mon, 05 July 2004 23:09]

HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Tue, 06 July 2004 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Thu, 29 April 2004 12:55

I would just like to issue a warning to everyone that with my "anti-rice cold air induction" now improved thanks to my fantastic fiberglassing of the air box AND my super bling oil-catch can with anodised plugs Neutral I will be nigh unbeatable.

rofl

or not Neutral

yeah, so BE SCARED! Wink

*teeheehee*

Opps I guess It didn't quite work out as planned huh Razz Wink Wink

RobST162 wrote on Mon, 05 July 2004 09:41

Quote:

1800cc-2800cc N/A Class:
Kirsty Shilling - 84.1kw
5M-GE MS123 Crown

grrrrrrrrr Mad Wink

awww... your just jealous Wink Wink
next time i'm sure you'll be there instead of me,,,, anyhow I wasn't even going to run the car, it didn't even get a bath Crying or Very Sad I guess mum's taxi's arn't so bad after all
Loco
Regular

November 2003
Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Tue, 06 July 2004 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was cool to meet some of the NSW Toymods crew at the Dyno Day - had a cool time - big thanks to the organisers/participants.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Tue, 06 July 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top 4WD Class:
Dav Hoban - 91.7kw
3S-GTE ST185 Celica

You know this wont last Dav * grin *

" next time gadget - next time ! "

PS - youve has a 20 KW drop ! What happened there ????

PS My greybeast sends its warm regards to Davs red big wheeled wonder - She wants to play again SOON!! ( january maybe ? )
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Tue, 06 July 2004 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stuart.. you impressed with my "anti-rice induction powah"? Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Tue, 06 July 2004 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude - the anti rice ALWAYS shines thru in the end Wink

installed it here on the grey one to compliment the " franken-3sgte " ready for battle next time !
DavGT4
Regular

I supported Toymods
Toymods Special Events Coordinator

March 2003
Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Wed, 07 July 2004 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Boys & Girls (and everything else Very Happy )...

Where did everyone go! Yup, unfortunately numbers where down for the usually large July Dyno Day, but nonetheless everyone that turned up still had a great time.

For the organisers, the day started at around 7.30am with the cold air proving to be a challenge (the tent being locked in the box until a key could be retrieved, and myself almost leaving half the food at home Embarassed ), but what would a Toymods event be without any excitement! Once we all thawed out, things started to run smoothly... the BBQ got fired up, and Bacon & Egg rolls were coming off like a production line.

Cars started running around 8.30, and it was like clockwork... car rolled on, got strapped down (no launching of the rollers this time), Dyno Dave jumps in and the screaming begins, chart prints out, car rolls off... Next Please!
We had about 20-25 cars booked by lunch, when the Dyno had a break, and everyone consumed large amounts of bread, sausages, bacon and soft drink. After a good break and great food, the rollers were casually in motion again. By the time we got down to a few cars to go, we had some late arrivals which topped out the day at 34 cars. The last car being booked in around 2.30ish.
It would have been great to see some more cars on the day, but I'm sure the next one will be better, especially seeing the results this time round... although there were some good runs, the figures are very achievable and all trophies are easily up for grabs! (I'm sure someone out there can do better than 91.7kW for Top 4WD Rolling Eyes , where are all those 4WD's hiding?)

All in all, the day was a great success and everyone that was there helped to make it such. Thanx to Craig & Cassie for the bread rolls and awesome cup cakes, Steve for the snags, rissoles & bacon, Brendan for taking over Stitt's BBQ duties, Jo at Express Trophies for a great job on the trophies and the rest of the Toymods board for making sure the day ran as smooth as it did Very Happy !

The next ones, will prove to be bigger and better... more POWER!

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves...
Dav
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Wed, 07 July 2004 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
107.8 rwkw. 7M powah. Thats bog stock and with a tourge cruve straighter than a ruler.

Where was everyone? It was a great day. Just wanted to thank everyone else on the board for there effort and all the people not on the board. Brendon and steve for their efforts on the barbie and eveyone that help set up the tent.

Hope more people rock up in january see you all there.
DavGT4
Regular

I supported Toymods
Toymods Special Events Coordinator

March 2003
Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Wed, 07 July 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Tue, 06 July 2004 14:53

Top 4WD Class:
Dav Hoban - 91.7kw
3S-GTE ST185 Celica

You know this wont last Dav * grin *

" next time gadget - next time ! "

PS - youve has a 20 KW drop ! What happened there ????

PS My greybeast sends its warm regards to Davs red big wheeled wonder - She wants to play again SOON!! ( january maybe ? )

Stu, it's pretty easy when there's little competition - none at all Very Happy . Dam shame you couldn't make it... was looking forward to seeing what you'd done to the beast! Next time I think I'll be giving up the trophy!!

Hoping to see a few more fellow GT4's + 'the RAV' in January

PS: haven't had the time nor money of late to keep the car happy... it's runnin like a bag of schit atm Rolling Eyes
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Wed, 07 July 2004 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh i can guarantee the facelifts going along well dave - she looks alot better since last time you saw it Smile ( seeing as id only had the car about 2 months when it went on the rollers !" )

Hopefully my old " gen 2 " will be able to give a bit of a rattle up in the gen 3 camp - but as you said - time + money help!

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Wed, 07 July 2004 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Explain your flat torque curve stitt?

sure its not your AFR's Razz
JZX90T
Occasional Poster

December 2003

Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Wed, 07 July 2004 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was very very happy with my run,dyno day 8 was 159kw this round dyno day 9 177.7 18kw beter and this time I am a member so a ran away with two victories under my bonnet.I would to thank everyone that organised it,its a shame that therr was not as much of a turn out I would of liked some more competion. Laughing
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Thu, 08 July 2004 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey just curious does anyone remember how the Rav-GT4 went on the dyno?? cause damn there been some work put into it.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Thu, 08 July 2004 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Killerwatt King:
Christian Canavero - 177.7kw
1JZ-GTE JZX90 Chaser

2400cc and over F/I Class:
Christian Canavero - 177.7kw
1JZ-GTE JZX90 Chaser

Friggen gearbox. I would definitely have given this a shake if my stupid car had of been running. Sad Grrrrr.
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Thu, 08 July 2004 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Rav gt4 didn't run

Glenn it was my A/f ratio that wasn't that grand
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Thu, 08 July 2004 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WantaTurbo wrote on Thu, 08 July 2004 11:28

Hey just curious does anyone remember how the Rav-GT4 went on the dyno?? cause damn there been some work put into it.

I wanted this bitch to run, but it was in having it's turbo re-done. Now it's a hi-flowed CT26 with a very glossy CT20B housing. This was a race engine in it's previous life, I'm convinced of that now. It's just rebuilt from scratch producing a monster of a Gen III 3S-GTE. DEFINITELY a good contender for the "franken-3SGTE" award next dyno day (DD-X). With a new temperature sender bought today, she's ready to be fired up again, and hopefully it won't send the temp. gauge skyrocketing on cold idle. Shocked Perhaps my first drive of the beast this weekend? Who knows.
JZX90T
Occasional Poster

December 2003

Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th -Winners Fri, 09 July 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By the way my car is a MARK II not a chaser. Laughing
JZX90T
Occasional Poster

December 2003

Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Fri, 09 July 2004 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That was a bit unlucky about the gear box so I hope to see you at the next dyno day so we can compare. Very Happy
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Sun, 11 July 2004 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, except you will have done a heap more mods to yours by then. I dont really plan to have done any/many. Gotta save for a wedding and all that....
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Sun, 11 July 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I apologise for walking away a sore loser everyone.

I ran my car early in the morning thinking I had gained power but actually lose 1 KW at the wheels lol

61.9Kw -> 60.9KW after 7 months the power is still consitant and i've fixed up my A/F ratio. Last time it ran a very lean 14.5 below 3K and richened out to 12.

Something weird happened on the dyno run white smoke popped out at higher revs and later to my finding - I did a check to clean my spark plugs and had found that spark plugs #3 tip had been shot off! dont know why this happened?

Well it makes me believe how this engine was supposed to be rebuilt is bs as other stock 4AGE's are making around the 66-70KW region.

Could this be the cause of having the o2 sensor possibly unplugged for 2 years? Running the engine lean causing problems?

The motor has gotten almost close to overheating a few times.. but it still goes hard now that i've fixed the sensor
JZX90T
Occasional Poster

December 2003

Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Sun, 11 July 2004 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah!Ill only have my spark plugs changed by the next dyno day,it costs too much money to do what I would like to do. Mad
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Sun, 11 July 2004 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
of course the highlight of the day was the wheelies done by Andy in the gray Mazda 121 :D:D:D
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Mon, 12 July 2004 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OOh yeah - HUGE effort that. Confused
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Wed, 14 July 2004 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

This was the first time I've been to a dyno day. Most impressed. The food was good (that's both the egg&bacon rolls and those cute little "Toymods" cup cakes), and lots of engines getting the bejesus revved out of them.

Not only was it good to see (and hear) these beasts go on the dyno - it was also most interesting to wander up and down the street and check out all those Toyotas. There were some nice cars there.

Good stuff!

seeyuzz
river
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Thu, 15 July 2004 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can't wait till JAn..... can run my own car on the Dyno..

Whaaooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!

Should be up and running the goods by then Very Happy
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Thu, 29 July 2004 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I wanted this bitch to run, but it was in having it's turbo re-done. Now it's a hi-flowed CT26 with a very glossy CT20B housing. This was a race engine in it's previous life, I'm convinced of that now. It's just rebuilt from scratch producing a monster of a Gen III 3S-GTE. DEFINITELY a good contender for the "franken-3SGTE" award next dyno day (DD-X)

I belive you may have a fight for that "franken-3SGTE" award! May the best 3sgte win! finally get my baby back next saturday. All i can say is ABOUT TIME.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Fri, 30 July 2004 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there going to be a post of the "official results" from this dyno day. I know we have seen the trophy winners, but a summary of everyones results would be good.
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Fri, 30 July 2004 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anthony,
I'm sure Rod will get to it when he has the time to sort out the entry forms.
I think we need to have a lesson at the next meeting so people know what class their vehilce is in,
You would be surprised how many got it wrong Rolling Eyes
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Sat, 31 July 2004 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR. 2 wrote on Thu, 29 July 2004 14:01

RAV-GT4:

I wanted this bitch to run, but it was in having it's turbo re-done. Now it's a hi-flowed CT26 with a very glossy CT20B housing. This was a race engine in it's previous life, I'm convinced of that now. It's just rebuilt from scratch producing a monster of a Gen III 3S-GTE. DEFINITELY a good contender for the "franken-3SGTE" award next dyno day (DD-X)

I belive you may have a fight for that "franken-3SGTE" award! May the best 3sgte win! finally get my baby back next saturday. All i can say is ABOUT TIME.

Don't worry, I'll be saying the EXACT same thing when I get mine back. Rolling Eyes It's bullshit how this thing never wants to run right.... Sad Hope you'll be able to pull something out of your ass with your 3S-GTE product dude. We might have to convince Rod that a new trophy will have to be made up for next year, the "franken-3SGTE award". So far there's a few contenders for the title. Very Happy A little healthy competition never hurt anyone. You'll probably pull better figures from yours on the dyno than mine, as I've got twice the number of driving wheels. Confused
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Tue, 03 August 2004 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

We might have to convince Rod that a new trophy will have to be made up for next year, the "franken-3SGTE award". So far there's a few contenders for the title. A little healthy competition never hurt anyone. You'll probably pull better figures from yours on the dyno than mine, as I've got twice the number of driving wheels.

Agreeded, compition is good keeps u on your toes and your hand in your pocket. LOL
Im sure your beast once finished will pull great figures even being at all 4 wheels, cant wait to see it.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Wed, 04 August 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh well looks like the next time we'll meet is at the Summer Dyno Day (number 10 - DD-X!). Maybe by then I'll have extracted a few more kw out of my beast, perhaps another ECU (more tunable than the Jap-spec one I got now). Very Happy Hehe, I'll see you on the rollers soon enough, with your beast...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: DYNO DAY 9 - JULY 4th - ITS OFFICAL Sun, 08 August 2004 14:58 Go to previous message
Sorry it's taken a while to get the official results out... i have them all here as an excel spreadsheet but that is useless for posting them...

But here goes anyway.

Under 1800cc Forced Induction Class

Member	Name	        Car	        Engine	Powahz	Accolades
101	Jason Myers	KE20 Corolla	3T-GTE	157.7	
207	Neil Mikolaitis	AE92 Corolla	4A-GZE	99.5	
262	Russell Golledge  AE112 Corolla	7A-FTE	85.5

1800-2400cc Forced Induction Class

Member	Name	         Car	         Engine	Powahz	Accolades
	Mark Thompson	AE86 Sprinter	1G-GTE	208.8	
237	Ben Fuller	RA23 Celica	1G-GTE	166.8	Class Record Broken
156	Anthony Grant	RA28 Celica	1G-GTE	148.7	
152	Luke Williams	RT142 Corona	1G-GTE	132	Most Improved Record (157%)
154	Michael Drach	RT40 Corona	FJ20ET	129.2	
249	David Bradfield	ST162 Celica	3S-GTE	108.3	
	Joel Wise        ST162 Celica	3S-GTE	107	
192	Dav Hoban        ST185 Celica	3S-GTE	91.7	Top 4WD Dyno Day 9

Over 2400cc Forced Induction Class
Member	Name	                 Car	        Engine	Powahz	Accolades
	Simon Triantafillow	JZZ30 Soarer	1JZ-GTE	183.9	
	Euros Drousiotis	           Nissan 300ZX	VG30DETT	176.9	
251	Christian Canavero	           JZX90 Mark2	1JZ-GTE	177.7	Killerwatt King Dyno Day 9

Under 1800cc Naturally Aspirated

256	David Radburn	ZZE123 Corolla	2ZZ-GE	111.9	Class Record Broken
261	Matt Kayess	AE86 Sprinter	4A-GE	90.5	
122	Ben Cullen	AE86 Trueno	4A-GE	82.9	
	Michael Seymour	KE70 Corolla	4A-GE	74.7	
155	Karl Witzlsperger	AE71 Corolla	4A-GE	69.4	
118	Paul Holdon	AE92 Corolla	4A-GE	66.4	
	James Pearson	AW11 MR-2       	4A-GE	65.7	
43	John Kypreos	AE102 Corolla	7A-FE	64.3	
255	James Davidson	AE102 Corolla	7A-FE	62.6	
263	David Watson	AW11 MR-2       	4A-GE	61.7	
	Michael De Leon	AE93 Corolla	4A-GE	61	
245	Craig Turner	AE92 Corolla	4A-FE	48.6	

1800-2800cc Naturally Aspirated

149	Kirsty Shilling	MS123 Crown	5M-GE	84.1	Class Record Broken
216	Robert Lincolne	ST162 Celica	3S-GE	83.8	
230	Stephen Healey	RT118 Corona	18R-G	75.8	
	Steven Bott	ST162 Celica	3S-GE	74.8	
	Julian Tarman	ST162 Celica	3S-GE	72.9	
250	Simon Tran	ST204 Celica	5S-FE	67.5

Over 2800cc Naturally Aspirated

238	Glen Jones	MA61 Supra	2JZ-GE	121.1	
160	Luke Stitt	MS53 Crown	7M-GE	107.8

Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Dyno Day 9 Official results table
Next Topic:Anyone comming to the Creek this WED???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 05:34:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058579444885254 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.