Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney AE86 Night 'touge' Cruise! - Saturday 26th June 4:00pm!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

icon4.gif  [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney AE86 Night 'touge' Cruise! - Saturday 26th June 4:00pm! Wed, 21 April 2004 07:00 Go to next message
Cruise: The Sydney AE86 nighttime 'touge' run
Meet Place: Thornleigh RTA Rear Carpark (behind McDonalds)
Date: Saturday 26th June!

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~givers/startpoint.jpg

Arrive Time: 4:00 (muck around for an hour and talk shit, eat and prepare for a good solid drive)
Leave Time: 5:00 (so dont be late)

Destination:
up the freeway and onto the Old Pacific Highway. Fang the Shit out of the hachirokus all the way out to the 'drag strip' around 5:30 on Pile Road.

Shown Here:
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~givers/dragstrip2.jpg

Then After Leaving here we will continue back down the old pac touge style. and then onto the Pacfic Highway, past Chatswood and thru toward the city.

Aiming to park the industrial streets and parking under the bridge (On the Rocks side of the bridge) grab some bites and then onto the Royal National Park for those who want to drive a REAL touge after hours.

Maps For the drive into the city will be later on tonight or tomorrow.

Roll Call:

All People have Confirmed that they will DEFINATELY be coming.

1. ae86drift
2. audioslaver
3. sprinter saurus
4. ae86slut
5. fkn16v
6. ribbo
7. BEL Garage Team (4 sprinters)
8. mrf_ool + mate
9. whatcrazyguy
10. MosQiTon

come on people we need numbers. aint no fun if the homies dont come! Wink

[Updated on: Sat, 26 June 2004 03:16]

Send a private message to this user    
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Wed, 21 April 2004 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think on a Saturday evening, meet around 4pm. swap meet/photos/breakfast Laughing and then cruise out to wherever.

Possible locations:
Natio
City/beach cruise (nice night photos)
Wollongong
Newy
OP again
The runs/Krispy Kreme ('somewhere in Osaka'night dorift Razz )

As for when, 1 month notice sounds good. The wait last time was just too much!

Happy Drifting.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 April 2004 08:18]

Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Wed, 21 April 2004 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet, another gathering. Very Happy

ill jump in and make a suggestion, how about a Wiseman's Ferry Road run, say meetup at P6 Homebush or McGrath's Hill etc., then out along Windsor Road to Pitt Town Road, follow Wiseman's Ferry road down to Pitt Town Bottoms, catch the ferry across (might take a while with a few cars, everyone already across would just have to hang ten on the other side for a bit lol) Laughing , then back down the Old Pac, this time we'll be coming down it instead of going up Smile, then say if everyone is peckish/wants photos just keep heading down into the city for a feed/photos/whatever etc., then people can haead off whenever or cruise back etc.

just an idea from a different cruise i went on quite a while back. Smile

cheers, SS.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Wed, 21 April 2004 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
both good ideas....
not going to western sydney runs, fuck that.. buncha wankers
the gong is far for those notherners
i like the idea of a mid afternoon run

dans idea seems pretty good
the ferry may cause havoc with 40+ cars though

Wink

thoughts?
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Wed, 21 April 2004 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could go out Yarramalong way (west from Wyong more or less) and head for bumble hill etc. Not sure what the roads are like out there these days.

But that would allow people from Newcastle to come down as well.

Just a loose suggestion...... Cool
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Wed, 21 April 2004 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u coming youngy??

wyong is too much like the last cruise
wanna get some different corners this time
need to test my new 6.5kg/mm rear springs
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Wed, 21 April 2004 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how fellas can you make this cruise after june 20th??? cause thats when i get my p's....
if thats cool i reckon a city/beach cruise would be cool...im talking bout the northern beaches...

cheers
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Thu, 22 April 2004 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok heres some of my suggestions, please dont take the the wrong way.

* parts exchange and a lunch/dinner sounds good.
* i prefer a night cruise, better for the boosted cars.
* wherever we stop, lets make it near somewhere with food/water/toilets not in the middle of nowhere.
* a DRIVING orientated cruise. i personally dont car about photos, i got enough already. if ppl want photos, take them at the stop points. sprinters are meant to be driven, not looked at which brings me to my next point.
* i know we gotta do the speed limit and all that, but how about the ppl who dont care for it go up front and have a bit of a fang? which is also why night is good.
* give out maps with meeting points and times so if ppl get split up they can still catch up at the next stop.
* everyone bring CB's this time!

thats my suggestions, gimme feedback! either way im up for a cruise just name a time and place.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Thu, 22 April 2004 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1* parts exchange and a lunch/dinner sounds good.
>>>> yes!! indeeedy!!! im glad u agree

2* i prefer a night cruise, better for the boosted cars.

>>>> true that, but its also "cop central" if we go to any "cruise spots" where dickheads hang out at night. also defect central for those who are "between engineering" Smile but we shall see!

3* wherever we stop, lets make it near somewhere with food/water/toilets not in the middle of nowhere.

>>>> yeah, hopefully the next route will have civilization, unlike the old pac

4* a DRIVING orientated cruise. i personally dont care about photos, i got enough already. if ppl want photos, take them at the stop points. sprinters are meant to be driven, not looked at which brings me to my next point.

>>>> this is true, but many, many sprinters together is a seldom thing, plus i like to see!, but granted we will do more driving this time rather than photos.

5* i know we gotta do the speed limit and all that, but how about the ppl who dont care for it go up front and have a bit of a fang? which is also why night is good.
>>>> yah, dont *really* want to give ae86's a bad reputation associated with "hooning", but its public road, and ifs its quiet, it can be an idea we can use Wink heh

6* give out maps with meeting points and times so if ppl get split up they can still catch up at the next stop.

>>>> was the plan also last time... time constraints in the last 2 weekends stopped it form happenning, but this time for sure

7* everyone bring CB's this time!
>>>> yeah was suggested last time if you check. i dont own a CB... gotta buy one

justinfox
Regular

September 2003
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Fri, 23 April 2004 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Traffic but let's do the Eastern Beaches!!!!

End up at Botany Bay - lots and lots and lots of car parking, food and space and it's a dead end, massive U-Turn so it's a very final destination + there's awesome views.

Botany Bay c'mon! Check your street directories, check it out. It looks great doesn't it?!
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Fri, 23 April 2004 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lets make it easier... are we organising a cruise, or just an ae86 outting?

we use to do the OP run nearly every fortnight with a few ae86's which is what some of us guys want - just a midnight thrash.

so how bout we combine the two, have a gathering/cruise/photos in the evening - and then when night comes, we test our machines out thru the twisties- problem is, if it's at night, we can't go too far, so thats prolly why OP and the Natio are done over and over.

i say we just meet at one destination on a given night and decide from there!
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Fri, 23 April 2004 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I s'pose a cruise to Perth is out of the question? Laughing Very Happy

[Updated on: Fri, 23 April 2004 09:29]

Ko Ko
Regular

May 2003
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Fri, 23 April 2004 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,
Just a suggestion I don't mind doing old pac but i am not sure about you guys. I remember every friday night a few of us ae86 drivers and civic drivers thrash it up the old winding road. I think no one has mentioned this that we could have like a midnight/ early morning feed at harry cafe de wheels? Hmm Justinfox not being rude or anything but I think the Eastern Beaches are a bit boring as i live in the East and its pretty dull especially Coogee and Maroubra at night also there isn't much to do as i think ae86 arn't really poser cars or anything but hey thats just my opinion. Also another suggestion which might be costly is to rent out a race track. Not long ago i think just after the ae86 cruise or before, the circuit club hired out wakefield which was pretty fun. I think by memory it costed each driver $90 to go around the racetrack. Well thats just a suggestion only.
Hope this helped
Eddy
geedup
Newcomer

February 2004
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Sat, 24 April 2004 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i had an 86 and was to come i would want to drive up to newcastle along the putty line of road. its a pretty good drive from what i remember, can anyone vouch for that?. the only thing is that it goes to newcastle through the middle of nowhere. but for all you initial d fans, you could have your own special stage there! if i get an 86 i know ill be going there.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Sun, 25 April 2004 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ko Ko wrote on Sat, 24 April 2004 00:52

I think no one has mentioned this that we could have like a midnight/ early morning feed at harry cafe de wheels? Hmm Justinfox not being rude or anything but I think the Eastern Beaches are a bit boring as i live in the East and its pretty dull especially Coogee and Maroubra at night also there isn't much to do as i think ae86 arn't really poser cars or anything but hey thats just my opinion.

haha...KoKo not being rude or anything, but i think no one has mentioned harry cafe de wheels because it has that 'poser' aspect.

I'd choose the Eastern run over Harry's if i ever had to go that way Rolling Eyes
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Sun, 25 April 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I enjoyed the last cruise, shit was hot but my car didnt over-heat "YEAH".

Why dont we start where we finished last time and ride up too newcastle, "dont act like a wank and the coppers wont bother you, they'll be too busy chasing lancers and all the rice boys".

if anybody wants too stay in newy for the night ive got room.

P.S Garth that dvd/vcd thing you gave me (hachirocku in need of the most luvin), i cant get the damm thing to work.

Steve
rob-ae86
Regular

November 2002
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Sun, 25 April 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about a track day down at wakefield???

its 80 for the day 30 for the licence for a year and 20 for a helmet if you dont have one

hrrmm des no western sydney runs are boring as

if not i think i night curise would be good maybe la parose (sp)
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Sun, 25 April 2004 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe ok didn't think the western sydney way was favourable anyway, just thought of a few memorable fangs with no respect thru those thilthy streets Laughing

putty road sounds good. even the suggestion of taking off where we were last time is good.

garth where are u!
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Mon, 26 April 2004 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been waiting for this since the last one.

I had to drive barbels aka Pauls car last time cause my one wasnt ready,(thanks Paul) but it will be for this one.

As for suggestions, I'm easy, dont realy care where or when we go as long as there are 86's to be seen, I'm there with bells on. Very Happy

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Mon, 26 April 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i really like the track day idea, but many of us dont have helmets or such money to spend

steve > whats wrong with it mate? PM me they should work, i tested em all. let me know.

all > lets stay out of the suburbs, need twisties, how about the wisemans arvo run then a run down to the gong to the royal national for a fanging?

Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Mon, 26 April 2004 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Mon, 26 April 2004 18:47

all > lets stay out of the suburbs, need twisties, how about the wisemans arvo run then a run down to the gong to the royal national for a fanging?

nice thinking Garth, meetup somewhere mid arvo, head out to Pitt Town Road, cruise the twisties to Wiseman's Ferry, then if people are hungry stop somewhere to fill up/dinner, then head down through the natio when its a littler bit darker Evil or Very Mad. then everyone can head off seperately or cruise back in a group etc.

only things that will have to be worked out will be which way to come back from Wiseman's, and also which end of the natio we are going to start at.

also if the natio part doesnt go ahead, we can always after the Wiseman's run head across to Hornsby the back way and then do the Old Pac. and then finish up up north somewhere, and then everyone can split off from there/cruise back the freeway or even come back down the OP. Very Happy

as i said just a few suggestions, as Wiseman's and the Natio are a bit apart, where as Wiseman's and Old Pac are fairly close. Wiseman's and Natio are still very do-able. Smile
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Mon, 26 April 2004 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah

true

but the trip from wisemans to the natio would be fun
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Mon, 26 April 2004 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about the blue mountains?
Just a sugestion
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Tue, 27 April 2004 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
then up to brissy? its not far Very Happy
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Tue, 27 April 2004 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NickAE86 wrote on Tue, 27 April 2004 13:00

then up to brissy? its not far Very Happy

Not far at all, be there in no time Laughing
ae86 Drifter
Regular

January 2004
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Tue, 27 April 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how bout a drive up to newie,theres a few round here i could get to tagg along Cool
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Wed, 28 April 2004 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about i bring my 4 door sprinter....
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Wed, 28 April 2004 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it an AE86?
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Wed, 28 April 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah that reminds me, maybe less 4 door sprinters this time... especially FWD ones. sure meet up and check out the sprinters but the cruise: SPRINTERS ONLY Mad
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Wed, 28 April 2004 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Wed, 28 April 2004 21:21

oh yeah that reminds me, maybe less 4 door sprinters this time... especially FWD ones. sure meet up and check out the sprinters but the cruise: SPRINTERS ONLY Mad

hehehe
bitter much...
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Wed, 28 April 2004 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah im a bitch Rolling Eyes
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Thu, 29 April 2004 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gee i love the attitude you takumi's have....

• you guys NEVER come out to any Toymods event, or any open invitation cruise for that matter

• you then have the gaul to post on Toymods a sprinter only cruise, telling me that i can't drive along with you and share in the spirit of Toyota...

.....gee i love it hey.

I dont like it, and im not afriad to say that either.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 April 2004 07:35]

whatcrazyguy
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Thu, 29 April 2004 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys, chill out!

i'm not going to be argumentative, but this is an AE86 cruise, right? think about that...

also another suggestion as to whereabouts:

grab a map somebody and check out "hawkesbury rd" in the blue mtns. follow it towards richmond way and you'll see a sweet 3km windy stretch down past hawkesbury lookout. heading towards richmond it's downhill, and the lookout at top is pretty big.
if you don't mind heading out to the blue mtns, but wanna have a very driving orientated cruise, check out this road. it is seriously fun!! besides, if you get there at the right time, the place will be abandoned Shocked

p.s. the nickname of the place is "the windys", and the best run from the lookout to the base is 1.51 min, quite scary when you think about it...
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Thu, 29 April 2004 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Thu, 29 April 2004 17:34

• you guys NEVER come out to any Toymods event, or any open invitation cruise for that matter

• you then have the gaul to post on Toymods a sprinter only cruise, telling me that i can't drive along with you and share in the spirit of Toyota...

.....gee i love it hey.

now now, no need for name calling

im sure the attitude "EVOSTi" put forth isnt the general consensus of the ae86 group as a whole

the reasoning behind the ae86 only cruise is that the ae86 guys can become more of a community than just a bunch of car owners
make a little gathering of like minded ppl with the same cars!

as i said in the first cruise page, i dont mind other cars coming to watch, its a public road, i cant stop anyone Smile

i apologize that we NEVER come to other events, but i myself rarely have time for other cruises, and when i do have time, i organise my own! Smile

and as to the "posting on toymods" bit, its allowed isnt it? im not breaking any forum rules or conduct am i?

calling all of us "takumi's" probably isnt going to help either ....
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Thu, 29 April 2004 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL @ THE WITZL

lets get a date, hopefully my car will decide not to die this time hehe
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Fri, 30 April 2004 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

.....gee i love it hey.

It happens on a free for all public forum.
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Fri, 30 April 2004 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

.....gee i love it hey.

actually im going to have to disagree a bit with you there Karl, in the just over a year that ive been on Toymods ive tried to go on as many cruises/meetups as possible, and i think ive been on 3/4, including the first AE86 meetup. and each time ive been there, there has been at least 1/2 a dozen, if not more, other AE86's there, including EVOsti, Dabbid (before he sold it to Ribbo) and some others i can recall atm. and i dont think EVO was being serious, i sensed maybe a touch of sarcasm in his post lol. Very Happy

these AE86 meetups are not an elitist thing either, they are to provide a day for Sprinter owners to meet and talk and drive etc. as Sprinters arent all that common on the road and a lot of the owners live fairly spread out and dont always have a chance to meetup and get to know other owners.

so yeh, i think that is the way to look at the AE86 meetup, not as all of us "Takumi's" Laughing thinking we are above everyone. Smile

cheers, daniel.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Sat, 01 May 2004 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha takumi's thats gold Laughing
i have been to other cruises, not just toyota ones. i actually enjoyed the last mega-cruise more than the sprinter cruise but thats just my opinion. id rather see a variety of cars other than sprinters when on a cruise but if its a sprinter cruise, shouldnt it only be sprinters? if it were a celica cruise, i would definately come along, but it would be as a passenger in the gf's TA22.

*edit* depending on when the cruise is on i may not be able to make it cause i stacked my car so i need to get that fixed up first, and while its off the road ill prob put the turbo in it too if i can be bothered. Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Sat, 01 May 2004 06:43]

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Sun, 02 May 2004 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Tue, 27 April 2004 08:49

How about the blue mountains?
Just a sugestion

There are some awesome roads up there. Winding/downhill/forest type roads. Im not suggesting anything by that tho =p.

I think it needs to be somewhere interesting for everyone, somewhere that doesnt lead us away from places to stop/eat or whatever. And not too far! lets try and keep it within a 100km radius of the city.

That almost counts the mountains out tho. heh

-Andrew
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Wed, 05 May 2004 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

sure meet up and check out the sprinters but the cruise: SPRINTERS ONLY

Technically, my car is a sprinter. So NER!! Twisted Evil You just invited me!

Quote:

No, but its fucking hilarious!

Well, i stand by my priciples. I just dont like elitisism. I like the idea that this coudl be an event for a lot of srpinters to make an appearance, and welcome everyone else to come and check out the cars we so rarely see and talk to the owners, much like we do at any other cruise!

And ribbo - thanks for the understanding champ!

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Wed, 05 May 2004 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Wed, 05 May 2004 15:53

Quote:

No, but its fucking hilarious!

totally.
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Wed, 05 May 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Karl,

Just start an AE71 cruise and feel the love.......... Rolling Eyes
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Wed, 05 May 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i couldent make the last cruise as i was overseas so im fairly keen for this one depending on destination.
what about if we were to do a night run to palm beach via manly etc. and then head up mc carrs creek rd (twisty, uphill, rarely policed) there was a toymods run up there about 6months ago and i for one realy enjoyed it!
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Wed, 05 May 2004 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alot of sprinter drivers are elitist, its hard to get away from that. im not trying to be like that so dont take it the wrong way. its cool for other enthusiasts to check out the cars and its a shame that sprinter drivers dont go to the other cruises but what can ya do.
rob-ae86
Regular

November 2002
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Thu, 06 May 2004 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok back to suggestions hot about a trip to bathurst the roads on the way there are pretty twisty and there is a fair amout of places where we can stop at too
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Thu, 06 May 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiama?
kangaroo valley?
rob-ae86
Regular

November 2002
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Sun, 09 May 2004 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86 DRIFT WHERE ARE YOU!!!

bathurst cruise would be ideal there are two levin coupes sitting in the museam
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Sun, 09 May 2004 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol

im here

busy as fuck tho fellas

the cruise will be early june i think...
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Mon, 10 May 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its looking like my cars not gonna be fixed in time, and if it is, definately wont have the turbo. ill do my best however.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Wed, 12 May 2004 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let's get this up n running peoples!!! date/time/place NOW!~!!! Cool
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Wed, 12 May 2004 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Audioslaver wrote on Wed, 12 May 2004 21:13

Let's get this up n running peoples!!! date/time/place NOW!~!!! Cool

I agree 100%, lets get this show on the road.

Steve
mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Thu, 13 May 2004 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When yous make time date and place all of that .. We r there if we have enough notice . Me and my mate in his sprinter as mine doesnt have a 4age in it yet and paint
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Thu, 13 May 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
/me votes for mid to late june.

Though I think we should have a destination/route before a date is set.

-Andrew
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Thu, 13 May 2004 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep i agree with the late june idea cause mine should just be ready then, and i think a city to the northern beaches cruise is the way to go...
what you think fellas????

cheers
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Fri, 14 May 2004 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree with sly16v, city-northen beaches run!
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Fri, 14 May 2004 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The two saturdays (im thinking a sat is the best option?) in late june are:

-Saturday the 19th

Or

-Saturday the 26th

Ive gone over this thread And did a little research which will help everyone decide on the destination. So heres the recap/rundown of suggestions so far.

There is also the Issue of TIME?!

DESTINATION	|ROUTE?			|TOTALKM/1WAYTRV |STOPS
================================================== ============================
Wollongong	|?			|170km/ (1h32m)  |?
Pitt Town Bttms	|windsor/wisemansferry	|114km/ (1h13m)  |ferry/food onreturn.
Yarramalong	|F3? or old pacific hwy	|202km/ (1h51m)  |bumble hill
Botany Bay	|?			|024km/ (0h13m)  |bay/food/views
Newcastle         |F3? or old pacific hwy	|320km/ (2h31m)  |?
Kurrajong East	|Putty Road		|140km/ (1h33m)  |Kurrajong Hills/East?
Blue Mountains	|hawkesbury rd?		|244km/ (2h33m)  |?
Palm Beach	|mc carrs creek rd?	|080km/ (0h55m)  |via manly etc
Bathurst          |?			|400km/ (3h49m)  |museum etc.
Kiama		|?			|240km/ (2h09m)  |
Kangaroo Valley	|via kiama		|320km/ (3h16m)  |kiama etc.

These distances/times are taken from the Sydney CBD as a point of origin (literally circular quay).

[Updated on: Fri, 14 May 2004 23:08]

SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Tue, 18 May 2004 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saturday the 26th is the best for me cause it gives me some extra time too finish off the 86 and i can guarentee 6 other cars with me...

cheers guys
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Tue, 18 May 2004 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gentleman, no offence, but fuck the northern beaches/city run, those destinations are ok for a leisurely friday night cruise, but not for a good dose of saturday afternoon Sprinter hooning. Very Happy

we want somewhere where there is lots of twisites, where you can give it a bit of stick, but with minimal police presence, which is what some of the backroads suggested will provide. also could you imagine going through the city with 30/40 Sprinters, it would be a logistical nightmare. Laughing

maybe we could do a poll in the thread and work out the destination that has the most votes, and go from there . Smile

where is our great leader Garth to show us the way lol?! Laughing

mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Tue, 18 May 2004 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
end of june sounds good . 3 weeks notice and im there.....
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: [AE86 Cruise] - Sydney's Next Big AE86 Event! - It's suggestion time guys and gals! Tue, 18 May 2004 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Sprinter-Saurus wrote on Tue, 18 May 2004 20:23

where is our great leader Garth to show us the way lol?! Laughing

hes busy as hell with 3 bloody jobs.

sorry guys, but im busy for the next 2 weeks

im thinking along the same lines as sprinter-saurus, twisties. and not the cheese type either

at this point the suggestions have been made
give me a week or so to decide on what we have and get a route

okie? Smile

Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Anyone comming to the Creek this WED???
Next Topic:any cruizes near the gold coast soon????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:05:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0092799663543701 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.