I supported Toymods

May 2002
worn tire noise from front end Sun, 25 August 2002 10:37 Go to next message

The Problem Is[ 2 vote(s) ]
1.other 2 / 100%
2.Bushes/Alignment 0 / 0%
3.Cv/Driveshafts 0 / 0%
4.Suspension 0 / 0%

Rego's next month.. i got a few days off till wednesday hope to get the car fix Cry

I get this worn tire noise at speeds of 80KMS.. now it happens early as 40KMs.. The driveshafts still need to be tightened.. which will be done.. but it was tightened before.. it just didnt make the noise until i clocked 140KMS.. and it gradualy appeared again.. could it be the cv's/driveshafts? or the suspension? i got alot to fix.. and hopefully ill get this baby registered pink slipped soon. im using twin cam truts and lowered springs on a single cam cs.. my brother reckons the bolts on the shocks are wrong.. and the shocks need to be replaced. but what other things i should look for that could be cuasing this.. im thiking of getting a full whiteline suspension kit after i get it tightened.. and that could be the end of that.. im just waiting for a family friend to be free becuase i dont have the tools to tighten the shafts. so what your guys thougts?

Send a private message to this user    
whiteGZE
Regular

May 2002

Re: worn tire noise from front end Sun, 25 August 2002 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its hard to guess from my computer as to what it could be. I'd have to be in the car to hear it, but I'll say it could be your wheel bearings.

What do you mean by having to tighten the driveshafts? The nuts on the flange are loose?

[Updated on: Sun, 25 August 2002 12:49]

MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
Re: worn tire noise from front end Mon, 26 August 2002 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It could be a number of things Mike.

Arrow Does your steering wheel shake at those speeds, if so could mean the alignment needs rectifying.

Arrow If its a grinding noise its most likely worn wheel bearings.

Arrow If its a clunking noise it could be loose bolts in your suspension. Check all the strut tower bolts. The shock nut for play.

Arrow Check your camber pins and make sure they are in a suitable camber. If its too positive or negative it will make tyre noise.

Arrow Check for tie rod free play and other vital suspension connections. The bushes could be perished.

HTH Wink
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: worn tire noise from front end Mon, 26 August 2002 07:01 Go to previous message
yeap i eventualy found out what it was Confused
thanks to whitegze/ matt for helping me look for the problem
but we had little luck with the problems i originaly thought..

following your checklist magnew..

Does your steering wheel shake at those speeds, if so could mean the alignment needs rectifying. [NOPE - got wheel alignment month and half ago]

If its a grinding noise its most likely worn wheel bearings. [Hmm me and matt checked for that.. Nope]

If its a clunking noise it could be loose bolts in your suspension. Check all the strut tower bolts. The shock nut for play.[THIS COULD BE IT.. ALL SHOCKS EXCEPT FOR THE BACK RIGHT REAR.. THIS IS THE ONE MAKING NOISE.. I LIFTED THE CAR UP AND SHOOK THE WHEEL.. IT WAS MAKING THE NOISE I HEAR FROM DRIVING.. REAR SHOCKS HAVE CRAPPED OVER TIME TO GET REPLACED)

Check your camber pins and make sure they are in a suitable camber. If its too positive or negative it will make tyre noise. (ALSO COULD BE NOTHER THING)

Check for tie rod free play and other vital suspension connections. The bushes could be perished. (PROBABLY TOO)

opps sorry for the caps but yeah atleast i know where to look now! suspension i had a feeling it was that all along
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:OOPS I did it again! (Just another silly thing I've done)
Next Topic:Suspension - TA22
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:41:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049698352813721 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.