Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » The Toyota/Celica cruise...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
icon13.gif  The Toyota/Celica cruise... Sun, 25 August 2002 10:44 Go to next message
The cruise today started off as a good one... Although we didn't end up leaving Rofe Park until 10:30am it wasn't too bad...
We headed off from Rofe Park and headed towards the Gorge... Had a bit of fun thru there with Karl in his Celica coming sideways out of one of the hairpins and nearly ending up in the rock wall Nope Nope Nope ...

We got onto the ferry with a few front bar scrapes and back off again with the same problem... It was mainly Matt's and Andrew's Supras and MR PLOW (I forgot his name... Sorry Rolling )... So we went off from there and headed for the Coast... Coming along Wiseman's Ferry Rd there was a bit of a mishap though... One of the Supra's aquaplaned onto the wrong side of the road, through a bit of shrub, into a tree and then into a telegraph pole Cry Cry Cry ... Thankfully, god was watching over them and there was no injuries at all... Except for the car...

We got all that sorted out and then went on to the Fish and Chip shop at Terrigal... We had lunch and then went to the supermarket to have a little fun on the road afterwards...

So we had all our fun on the way home down the old PAC and then headed to Castle Hill to go to Mark's workshop... Some very nice cars there and I appreciate the time and effort that he has put into his Pulsar GTiR... That was an awesome car... So then we stayed there for a while checking out all the nice imports and the detail that has gone into the engine bays... We also let off some rockets and bungers... Fun...

And then we all parted ways and headed off home...

If anyone wants a CD of the day reply here and I'll get them done asap...

Thanks to Martin/GIN51E for an almost great day... It was a good cruise apart from the mishap... I look forward to the next one...

To the owner of the crashed supra, I hope it all works out okay for you and good luck with finding the new shell...
  Send a private message to this user    

Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Sun, 25 August 2002 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Supra in question was none other than Pauls (SUPRAGTE), which showed up all the 1j's at the recent dyno day, it was a very nice piece of gear indeed.

Anyhow Paul, and I'm sure this goes for anyone here, if there is anything I can do to help you get the car back on the road just let me know.

Post up when you intend to do the pulldown/swap and watch the toymods community in action,I'm sure there will be plenty of hands up to help.

A terrible shame to lose such a nice car, however it is just a car and can be rebuilt, dont get disheartened, the next build will be bigger and meaner than the last !!

chin up

Matt

manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Sun, 25 August 2002 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah sweet cruise .....was very fun Smiley =

My condolences to the Supra incident.

My car is really starting to piss me off with its random lack of starting !!

I lost u guys on the way to terrigal...and ended up going home damn it !! ARGH

But yeah im up for the next one aswell.

Put me down for that cd rolla boy (how much u want for it??)

Ta GIN5IE

Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Sun, 25 August 2002 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ben the names brad MR PLOW Nod Nod so yeah to bad you didn't get my smoky on tape and those (fully sik cordias bro) sad @#%^s.
but yeah great day even though we were all left behind by the supras and shit.
thanks to Andy whos making me now respray myplow and bonnet eh spining wheels loose gravel my car don't mix. Nope Cry Nope
you missed the drift from the crash site the beast of a 4 runner with a supercharged 3.8 V6 holden engine in it what a beast.

nice cruisy drive down through wisemans.

ben i want a tape or cd whatever you make let me know eh.

all up great day 1 misfortune but yeah.

MR PLOW that name again is MR PLOW

[Updated on: Mon, 26 August 2002 07:45] by Moderator

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Sun, 25 August 2002 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry people... I forgot to include the price for the CD... They will be $5 a pop providing I can fit all of the video onto one CD... But that shouldn't be a problem...
I got alot of footage but I am yet to watch it... I think it was all good with a lot of silly things... The major conditions of this CD is that none of it is to be placed onto the internet without my permission... Also, they are for personal use only and not to be shown for any other reasons... This is because of personal requests so please people, abide by these rules and there will be no worries...
Brad, do you really need to respray??? It didn't seem that bad... I saw the Hilux/Supercharged V6 do the burnout but sadly didn't get it on video... I also wasn't able to get the tow truck overtaking move...
Manipulate, what were you driving??? Sorry but I can't remember... The CD will be $5 mate...

I have around 5 CD's so far so if anyone else wants one you know what to do... Reply to this thread...

[Updated on: Mon, 26 August 2002 09:04]

manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Sun, 25 August 2002 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$5 no worries
I'll grab it off u next cruise that we go on i spose ?>?

was driving the Red TA22 with the front left damage.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Sun, 25 August 2002 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought that I might bring the Cd's along to the next meeting and if ppl wanna get them there that's fine...
Ahhh... I remember you now... That was the one with the big dent in the left hand door aswell???

Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Sun, 25 August 2002 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys, I think talk of the "fruit incident/s", better be left unspoken.

It was far from our proudest moment, I know no toymods members were involved directly, but I want you to understand that this kind of behaviour has no place on a toymods cruise.

There is being a "HOON", a term I have gotten used to, and then there is "Hooliganism" an ugly and immature act.

Let those who want to do this kind of stuff go for it, it was funny once , but I'm sure you'll agree it escalated quickly to be something that was not right.

my 2c

Matt

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Sun, 25 August 2002 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE CELICA/SUPRA CRUISE!!

I feel deeply for poor Paul.. Cry and his mate ARGH
but it just goes to show guys: HIG POWER CARS AND WET ROADS DONT MIX... the rta don't bullsh!t when they say wipe of 10km/h... this could've happened to anyone! (personally i would like it to never happen)

Yes Ben is right... the GT had a bit of a "sideways incident" going down the gorge... with a few opposite locks going from rock wall to barricade. Just ask Ben, Mr Plow or that guy in the purple TA22 how silly i was doing that fishy..

MR PLOW is a looser!! Grin dude, you will be fine just filling light sanding and touching up those stone chips mate!

BEN - yes i will take a CD! you know DAMN RIGHT i want a cd Nod

GIN51E - nice cruise mate! thanks heaps... see you on the next one

SUPRA BOYS - nice driving with you all... even though we had some problems keeping up!! *look out for those damn bridges hey!*

It was a fun day (minus the incident)!
And thanks Mark for showing us your workshop and andrew for nearly setting me on fire with that bunger!!
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Sun, 25 August 2002 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was a great day guys until the mishap! Happy Sad Had alot of fun and met some new fellas too. I really appreciate everyone helping out yesterday after the incident, you guys are great! Helping get a towie and in the meantime using your cars to cover up the accident. Thanks very much again.

Thanks for help too Matt, Mark, Dave, Ray(The best mate ever) especially, it helps ease the pain of loosing a car that took 4.5 years to build. Its a shame that no amount of realistic money will get me back to what I exactly had and really in this type of situation that's all I want- A nice red MK2 3lt turbo Supra. Heart

I've decided not to give up though and I will build another one. Grin How could you not? So much fun to drive and build up, i just hope my next one will be as good, if not alot better.

Thanks again guys
Paul
Regular

July 2002
Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Sun, 25 August 2002 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys It was a great cruise.The roads are great onthe way to wisemans after the gorge but in the wet its obviously a little scary.Anyway a big thanks to the supra boys, Ginsie,maniplulate and witzl and the other guys who turned up It was good to see a few cars there..Its a shame I didnt keep going but had a few places to be at ..Sorry to hear about the incident but at least everyone is ok..Keep the chin up supragte ,hope to see you back on the road soon.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Sun, 25 August 2002 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was AWESOME having a small group of old school celicas ripping it up in true CELICA STYLE!!!
pity you couldnt come along any further online
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Mon, 26 August 2002 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt, could I interest you in a CD at all???
Paul, there's a free CD for you if you want it... I don't know if you will want to remember the day at all but if you want one let me know... If you are still talking to Scott I can give it to him to pass it on to you... He lives accross the road (basically) from me...
So Far I have CD's for:
Myself
Manipulate
Brad (MR PLOW)
Karl
Mark - Hills Motorsport (I Think)
Matt, about the fruit... I thought the same as you that's why I didn't mention it in the first place... I aggree we are hoons but that shouldn't have escalated into what it did... If Mark wants to do it, go ahead but it shouldn't have been done on an Official Toymods Cruise...
That's the way Paul... Go ahead and build another one... Make it beefier and better but only to be driven on dry roads... I admit my knowledge on turbos and highly modified cars isn't the best but if I have any time I would lend a hand...
Online, are you interested in a CD at all???
GIN51E, do you want a CD??? I'll chat to you on Tuesday at Tafe at the break if you want... Also, your mate want one???
This means that I'm gunna have to get off my arse now and get these done... Sorry to people waiting for the Wollongong one but that's coming soon...

Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Mon, 26 August 2002 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah rack me up, I'll have one, it was surely a day to remember!!

I only wish you had captured the view I had of the accident, you cant describe with words the violence of any hway speed accident however I am still stunned at the velocity and angle at which the supra left the road, as if it had been shot from a gun !!

The stupid thing was, we had already had our fun , without incident, and were slowly cruising back for our long overdue lunch, it just goes to show it could have happened to anyone, I'd like to think that with my experience and driving my own car that it coudln't happen to me, I suspect I am wrong.

Matt

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Mon, 26 August 2002 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ugh! - that's terrible to hear about the crashed Supra. Cry To the owner - I hope you're able to get it fixed up / rebuilt back to the same standard you had it in...
From memory, was it this one at the Dyno Day? (link removed)

Good luck with the rebuild, and I hope this just helps serve as a reminder to everyone in the future what can happen... Cry

[Updated on: Mon, 26 August 2002 03:09]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Mon, 26 August 2002 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, Paul... That looks like the one...
Regular

July 2002
Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Mon, 26 August 2002 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rollaboy ,Ill be up for a CD..
Thanks mate..

If you can give it to gin51e I will arrange to meet him in hornsby/berowa somewhere..

Gin51E let me know when you have the CDs I will meet you maybe at maccas or something??
THANKS
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Mon, 26 August 2002 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Mon, 26 August 2002 11:33 AM

Yeah, Paul... That looks like the one...

That's a shame... such a damn shame... Cry

RIP MA61
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon8.gif  NOT HAPPY ! Mon, 26 August 2002 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well Guys,

Sounds like you all had fun (with one exception), Sorry but I guess I am here to rain on your Parade.

I know this was not an official Toymods cruise and I'm sure the behavior of the Financial Toymods members was of an acceptable standard.

I wasn't there as I had other commitments but from the sounds of things its a good thing I wasn't ! When you are out as a group and the Toymods name is involved you reflect on our club.
And when I say our club I mean my club and every other financial members !

Clearly on this cruise the hoon element which we are all aware of turned into the "Raging F*#kwit " element ! Throwing fruit out of your car is NOT fun. Throwing it at people is downright appauling ! How would you like it if you were on the receiving end. Mad

If I do find out this activity was carried out by a Toymods member his or her membership will be in question ! Yes thats right the board will discuss removing them from the club. Sorry but actions like that just cannot be associated with this club.

Its all fine and well to go and have your fun and I'll ignore any reference that may suggest your driving conduct was in question. Rolling Eyes Your old enough to know how to behave on the roads and as I said it was not an official event. The club is about having fun but not about being a menace to Society.

It is great to see forum members getting together and organising unofficial events but please have some respect for the club that put you all in touch with each other in the first place.

To say I am disapointed would be an understatement No No No

Paul,

My deepest condolences on your loss I understand it was even during a slow part of the cruise and I wish you all the best in resurecting your baby. It was indeed a very fine example.
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Mon, 26 August 2002 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Rod, starting to plan the new one already. Don't know how he managed to stuff a simple overtake up but he did.

Rollaboy, i'm after a CD as well, that would be great. I'll come round and pick it up sometime over the next week. Ill PM you soon. Thanks

Hey did anyone get some pics of my car after the crash down the ditch? I'd be interested in seeing them.

Now i understand the whole fruit thing. I didn't even know what you guys were talking about.
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Mon, 26 August 2002 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Sun, 25 August 2002 11:23 PM

Ahhh... I remember you now... That was the one with the big dent in the left hand door aswell???

Yeah can we concentrate on the cars positive aspects pls hehehe

Corvid
Regular

May 2002
Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Mon, 26 August 2002 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul,

Dude, dont know what to say to ya man. But my deeeeeeepest sympathies are with ya.. BLOWOUTS.. for sure after u got her looking magic.. Oh well.. shit is meant to be... This for sure has gotta be your calling you filthy maggot to Build up the tuffest 7mgte in aus..
oh well, whats done is done... No point crying over the spilt milk.. Let me and ned know if you need help striping it or something.. F#@k i feel like shit.. can only imagine how your feelin..
Well have to go out and have a blinder..
Pop round sometime in your commonwhore..

Catchya dude..

icon14.gif  Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Mon, 26 August 2002 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats true about the fruit thing.
shouldn't have mentioned it Cry Nope Cry
yeah um it was stupid at people though. sh!7 happens
i still think it was a great cruise though.
a customer of mine was in the cordia club in his dads lancer.
hee was impreesed with the cars and burnouts there.

GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Mon, 26 August 2002 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it sure was an interesting day, took a little while to get going but once we hit the road it was all good, had lots of fun scaring Tom on the way down to wisemans with him holding on to the door handle for his life and the tyres screaming around the corners with pleasure but i think it was a very good day minus the one mishap, which i'm sorry Paul, it was a damn nice car which mine got extreemly embarrassed by with that little event off at the lights on the way to macca's Rolling Eyes but i look forward to seeing your next upcoming one which i'm sure will kick my cars arse twice as fast. Razz

as for the fruit well, no comment on that situtation exspecially with what happened on the old highway home, but overall it was a good day weather wasn't that bad, kept it interesting as we experienced all types from the sunny dry to the pissing down rain in the afternoon. but i think the next event will only get bigger and better as it was the first i had ever run or been on so i can learn from my mistakes in which to improve on next time.

And as some would have known my car wasn't running so well on the day and had a big misfiring problem which seems to have gone now since i ran the tank dry and filled it up with LRP again and its strange but my car actually runs better and faster on LRP then premium, also we are very lucky we didn't loose another car off into the tree's as coming home from school today as i just turned into my street (very slowly may i add) i heard a big bang then the back of my car started to move around like jelly as the Pan Hard bar snapped off the diff (once again) and if that happened around any of those corners on the day well good bye celica as the car would have flicked itself off the road so i consider myself as having a very lucky day on sunday.

also whilst we were getting some lunch i recieved a phone call asking for directions and i thought it was Witzle but as he arrived and i aske dhim if he called he said no so i don't know who it was that called me as it was a bad connection but i think i gave you the wrong directions and may have just made you even more lost.

Also Ben "Rolla Boy" i'm certainly in for the cd just let me know when you will bring it to TAFE so i can make sure i've got some money on me.

and Online i am happy to pick up your copy of the cd on one condition, and thats you let me drive your car hehehe Razz

but all in all it was a good day red seemed to be the favorite colour on the day with all the celica's and a few of the supra's and look forward to the next one, Rolling Rolling (although my tyres don't)

manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon14.gif  Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Mon, 26 August 2002 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GIN51E wrote on Mon, 26 August 2002 6:15 PM

also whilst we were getting some lunch i recieved a phone call asking for directions and i thought it was Witzle but as he arrived and i aske dhim if he called he said no so i don't know who it was that called me as it was a bad connection but i think i gave you the wrong directions and may have just made you even more lost.

Yep u sure did.
that was me
But its all good cause even though i lost u guys it was in the direction of home.

No worries though i should have waited at the lights when it went orange as opposed to going through...but didnt know the supra infront was going home too so i followed him. Smiley =

All good...hopefully by next time ill have gotten rid of the damage on the front left of the sleeka....gonna do it myself to make a profit out of the bus's....hah....wish me luck ey

Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Mon, 26 August 2002 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what you didn't here me beeping making noise in the direction we were goin pointing waiting for anynoe to follow oh well next time follow the plow he'll get you through the worries of driving

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Mon, 26 August 2002 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sorry people but the tapes from the cruise have fu*#ed up somehow so there will be no CD's at all... I'm sorry to all the people that had their hopes up but the Wollongong CD's will be handed out soon...
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Mon, 26 August 2002 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugga !!
Thats gay
oh well
next time
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Mon, 26 August 2002 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cry Cry Cry Nope Nope Eye Spin Happy Sad
very dissapointed
just means we have to do another cruise!!

so what went wrong? don't tell me you left the lens cap on!! hehehe
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Mon, 26 August 2002 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, didn't leave the cap on... About every ten seconds, the video skips and goes all fuzzy... It's not worth putting on CD at all...
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Mon, 26 August 2002 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben,
Maybe the tapes are getting old and worn. It might be time to buy some new ones instead of re-recording over them continuously.
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Mon, 26 August 2002 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn Charades messing up the electronics in camera's!! Razz

are you guys happy with that style of roads? if so i may already have another cruise plan poping up in my head out in the same direction but think heading a bit more to the west/south some roads non of you have proberly been on before, so if you liked those roads on sunday let me know so i can get to work on the next one.

[Updated on: Mon, 26 August 2002 09:36]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Mon, 26 August 2002 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This was the second time that I was using the tapes... The first time was on the last cruise to Wollongong and then yesterday... I dunno what happened...
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Mon, 26 August 2002 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
'cause you weren't in the festiva i think..
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Mon, 26 August 2002 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahhh but I was later on... It was still rooted... I dunno what happened...
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Mon, 26 August 2002 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gin51e,

Mate sorry I miised the cruise from all reports with slight exception it was a good day.

Be great to see you organise another one, Just remember to make sure it does not conflict with any other Toymods events and I'm sure if anyone got too carried away you would have a quiet word to them.

Hope to catch up wth you all soon, Will be at the R/C car day for anyone who is going.

GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Mon, 26 August 2002 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i think i need to work on my public speaking a bit more but over time with more events i think that will improve,
this sunday i'm thinking on going on a cruise myself and checking out some road options and then organise the event a month later that gives people time to get ready and so forth, but i understand the rules of using these forums and will make sure it doesn't conflict with any official events, and hope you will be able to make the next one as there's nothing better the a fair few celica's cruiseing along in a line Nod
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

icon6.gif  Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Tue, 27 August 2002 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my oath!!

when all those supra boys were up ahead after wisemans... it was awesome just having old school celicas hammering along (safely of course Grin )
RA23_Sean
Regular

May 2002

Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Tue, 27 August 2002 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep the run after we got off the ferry was heaps of fun. It's just as well you dudes took the old road back to Hornsby, becuase the freeway was a carpark after the Berowra exit.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Tue, 27 August 2002 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, when we were on our way back down the old PAC, I noticed on the freeway that there was an ambulance and traffic that was totally stopped... Lucky we did thake the old road otherwise we would've got back a bit later than we did... After leaving Mark's workshop, I got home at around 8:30pm... That was a long day...
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: The Toyota/Celica cruise... Wed, 28 August 2002 09:13 Go to previous message
Has anyone got any photo's of the day?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:LAZER ZONE is HAPPENING ! Friday August 30th !
Next Topic:Unofficial #2: Every Fri night (Melbourne)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Sep 30 07:34:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.008436918258667 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.