Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 2TG in TA22. What fan to use?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

2TG in TA22. What fan to use? Mon, 03 May 2004 13:14 Go to next message
What fan do you use on a 2TG when fitted in a TA22? I am told that the fan from the 2T wont fit because it hits the radiator. I dont want to have to use a thermo fan if I can really help it.

Any ideas? Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2TG in TA22. What fan to use? Mon, 03 May 2004 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just the standard TA22 or 2T fixed blade fan. Most are 4 blade. A 4 blade fan from a Corolla works the same.

The 2T-GEU and 3T use a thermo fan hub thing. Use the matching water pump if you want to use this.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 2TG in TA22. What fan to use? Mon, 03 May 2004 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or go see Matt from Toyospares, and walk out with a fistful of electric fans for $10, solder some bolts on the radiator, fit a switch and 2 relays = budget electric fan Surprised
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 2TG in TA22. What fan to use? Tue, 04 May 2004 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't really want to use an electric fan cause I don't want the hassle of fitting a temp switch.
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 2TG in TA22. What fan to use? Tue, 04 May 2004 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just hook it to ignition power.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 2TG in TA22. What fan to use? Tue, 04 May 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
people100 wrote on Tue, 04 May 2004 17:13

Just hook it to ignition power.

I was thinking about doing this. I could then use a temp switch later on in the future.
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 2TG in TA22. What fan to use? Tue, 04 May 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes sounds like a good idea....or just get one of the cheap davies craig adjustable sensors that go in your top hose...we have used them a few times and havent had any troubles with them.
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: 2TG in TA22. What fan to use? Wed, 05 May 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your electric fan won't like running full-time I think. My 2T-G is running an engine fan in TA22 with no clearance issues but I don't know where it came from?
tripmcneily
Regular

May 2004
tripmcneily
Re: 2TG in TA22. What fan to use? Thu, 06 May 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate I got a TA22 with 2T-G twincam, actually, the block is a GEU, think they may be the same, not really sure... but i had no problems fiting the standard 2T fan, pully and pump on my 2T-G, no clearance issues there.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 2TG in TA22. What fan to use? Thu, 06 May 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok well i'll give it a go and see what I can do.

My only problem now is finding somewhere to mount the pump Confused
tripmcneily
Regular

May 2004
tripmcneily
Re: 2TG in TA22. What fan to use? Thu, 06 May 2004 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
owww yeh forgot to mention, get a standard 2t pump, pully and fan (2tg all different, but only slightly.) you need to cut the bypass hose mount off the pump and plug it up. then just fit the pump, pully and fan and replace the belt, and hey presto. I thrash the guts outa mine (racing it) and it has never had over temp. problems what so ever.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 2TG in TA22. What fan to use? Thu, 06 May 2004 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok so why do I need to fit a 2T pump? Why cant I just take the fan of my 2T and fit it to the 2TG?
tripmcneily
Regular

May 2004
tripmcneily
Re: 2TG in TA22. What fan to use? Thu, 06 May 2004 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok obvious here that you have not tried

2T fan, pulley and pump hub have different offset screw pattern to that of a 2T-G. Also shaft of 2T-G water pump is slightly shorted. So as you can they are different and therefore not interchangable. Thats is to say you can't use a 2T Fan on a 2T-G waterpump.

uknowwhatimean?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 2TG in TA22. What fan to use? Thu, 06 May 2004 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok then, I'll have to try and find a 2T water pump then.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 2TG in TA22. What fan to use? Thu, 06 May 2004 10:00 Go to previous message
Ok, if I was to use an electric fan, what temperature temp switch would I be needing to use?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 GT-Apex
Next Topic:confirm part number GZE pistons.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Oct 27 18:34:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012688159942627 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.