Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
serge
Regular

June 2002
4AGZE /4AGTE Tue, 04 May 2004 10:11 Go to next message
I'm just about ready to build my gte and bolt it into my AE82 seca, just wondering about swapping brackets for alternator from my old 16v to the ze motor does the bracket bolt straight on in the place of the blower?
What about the water pump do i have to re-rout the cooling system?
Does the bluetop 16v inlet manifold bolt up to my AE92 AFM ze head? Confused Confused Confused
  Send a private message to this user    
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 4AGZE /4AGTE Tue, 04 May 2004 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just swap all the ge stuff onto the gze. It all fits. I'm doing the same thing with my 4agte in my mr2.

As for the head and plenum, it should bolt up. Ask feral4mr2 he should know.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE /4AGTE Tue, 04 May 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the AE92 AFM 4agze is spose to have a bigport head, so yes your t-vis plate and inlet manifold will bolt up to it. but you will need the same size studs(x2) and bolts(x7) from your 4age head used on the gze head. (the gze head has shorter studs and bolts).
serge
Regular

June 2002
Re: 4AGZE /4AGTE Tue, 04 May 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but you will need the same size studs(x2) and bolts(x7) from your 4age head used on the gze head. (the gze head has shorter studs and bolts) Is this a big problem ?

[Updated on: Tue, 04 May 2004 11:23]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE /4AGTE Tue, 04 May 2004 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends if you call not being able to bolt the 4age inlet manifold and t-vis plate to the 4agze head because the bolts dont reach a big problem... Very Happy
serge
Regular

June 2002
Re: 4AGZE /4AGTE Tue, 04 May 2004 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So your saying that my bluetop manifold won't bolt straight on to my AFM gze? How did you do it?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE /4AGTE Tue, 04 May 2004 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you read the post...
by using the 4a-GE studs, which are longer!
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE /4AGTE Tue, 04 May 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^ what he said.. Wink

basically i:
used the longer bolts and studs (4age).
removed the butterflies from the t-vis plates (it comes in 2 peices), by removing the 2 small srews in each butterfly plate.
i then used liquid steel to block the inner 2 holes the shaft went through that are open to the atmosphere when the shaft is removed.
i put a vacum cap over the nipple that hangs out the bottom of 1 of the peices.
used some new gaskets and bolted the t-vis plate and inlet manifold to the head.

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: 4AGZE /4AGTE Wed, 05 May 2004 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why not just remove the tvis plate and bolt it straight up, thats what im doing.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: 4AGZE /4AGTE Wed, 05 May 2004 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to give some space for the fuel rail, i believe.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: 4AGZE /4AGTE Wed, 05 May 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it all bolts up, trust me Smile
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE /4AGTE Wed, 05 May 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and you have no problems with air gaps where the round runners meet the oval ports? or are you useing the 2 gaskets together like i did once? interesting.
what fuel rail/reg are you useing?

[Updated on: Wed, 05 May 2004 12:19]

10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: 4AGZE /4AGTE Thu, 06 May 2004 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they botl straight up no problems at all, no clearence issues, no leaks no nothing, just bolt it on with out the tvis, you will gain more flow as well!

Dale
serge
Regular

June 2002
Re: 4AGZE /4AGTE Thu, 06 May 2004 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll take your word for it guys Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 06 May 2004 08:17]

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: 4AGZE /4AGTE Thu, 06 May 2004 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it all bolts up with stock rails etc. maybe the port differences interrupt flow but a bit of extra turbulance couldnt be too bad especially on a boosted engine Rolling Eyes
serge
Regular

June 2002
Re: 4AGZE /4AGTE Thu, 06 May 2004 10:49 Go to previous message
As long as the motor doesn't sease up. Very Happy One other thing if the bluetop inlet manifold bolts up to the AFM gze does the redtop inlet manifold bolt up to the MAP sensor gze?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:need help in syd to finish installing 1jzgte standard turbos... SOMEONE PLEASE
Next Topic:RA 40, driveshaft?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Oct 27 10:29:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0097141265869141 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.