Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1g-gte timing.....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
1g-gte timing..... Wed, 05 May 2004 12:20 Go to next message
Ok, before you start carrying on, I HAVE searched and know that the timing at idle should be 35 deg. advanced right? Is this the case for all versions of this engine even tho they had different standard boost levels?

Cheers,

The slut.
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1g-gte timing..... Wed, 05 May 2004 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
35? That seems mucho high, the timing cover doesn't read anywhere near that high also.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 1g-gte timing..... Wed, 05 May 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I too thought it seemed high, but I'm just going on a previous post of Nark's.......
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 1g-gte timing..... Wed, 05 May 2004 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come on...... Someone must be able to tell me!
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 1g-gte timing..... Thu, 06 May 2004 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, so I connect T+E1 right? This will set the timing at 10 deg. advance? What should it then be advanced to? 11 deg.? I'm finding different figures all over the place when I have done my SEARCHING.
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1g-gte timing..... Thu, 06 May 2004 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
once you short out the T+E1 it should read 10degrees. If it doesn't then twist your dizzy till you get it right.
Then disconnect T-E1 and have fun driving Smile
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 1g-gte timing..... Thu, 06 May 2004 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Ribbo!
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1g-gte timing..... Thu, 06 May 2004 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ribbo's Right.
I've had hells own job timing with a 1g, and I eventually found out how easy it really is.

I'm not sure on the ECU though, given the fact that Mines aftermarket, but I assume that once you short that pin, it will then go into timing lock mode, which it then will set the timing at 10 degrees. So, as said, you loosen off your dizzy and spin it around until the timing mark is in the right spot.

I'm assuming it's the standard ECU your using, so when you tighten up the dizzy and un short that pin, it will go back into normal timing, which should be around 20 degrees at idle. I think that's about right, however the standard ECU might have a different setting, but mine is programmed to sit at 20 degrees at idle.

GOod luck.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 1g-gte timing..... Thu, 06 May 2004 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys. One question still remains - Is the timing the same on all 1g's? This could be the reason why I'm getting so many different figures. The biggest problem is that the position was not marked prior to the old dizzy coming out. So I guess we're gonna have to get #1 at TDC on compression and go from there....
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1g-gte timing..... Thu, 06 May 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Irrespective of whether the timing is the same for all 1g's, if the time is out significantly when you put lock timing on, your going to have to pull the dizzy out and readjust it till it is firing correctly. I know it's a pain to do, I had to fuck with my car for about 2 months with the timing before getting it right.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 1g-gte timing..... Thu, 06 May 2004 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's encouraging..... Rolling Eyes
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1g-gte timing..... Thu, 06 May 2004 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Iresspective of the time taken to time your car strad, you got to remember that u had a lot of other problems when you were doing the timing. If you remember when we did my car, only took a couple of minutes to get it right. I think that is mainly attributed to the fact that we all had figured out what we were doing by then and had a lot of pratice. lol
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1g-gte timing..... Thu, 06 May 2004 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea doing the timing only takes a few minutes.
Im pretty sure the timing is going to be the same on all 1g's. At idle there wouldn't really but much difference between them all. Same boost etc. the later ones just run a little more agresive fuel maps and possibly ignition when on boost, but should be the same at idle.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 1g-gte timing..... Fri, 07 May 2004 00:40 Go to previous message
Thanks for the help guys. We got it running last night but she's pinging like a mofo when loaded up. Oh well, I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGZE to AE86, Alternator probs
Next Topic:RA28 Heater valve
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Oct 26 16:25:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061459541320801 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.