Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
suff
Regular

April 2004

7A-FE --> 7A-GZE Wed, 05 May 2004 14:17 Go to next message
I am considering doing a head swap on my 7A-FE with a 4A-GZE.. Has any one either done this or heard of any problems? There is a few people on the web that have done it, but first hand info is always the best!!!
  Send a private message to this user    
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7A-FE --> 7A-GZE Wed, 05 May 2004 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyfags wrote on Thu, 06 May 2004 00:21

why bother changing your engine.. if you really want a blower just put your dick infront of your air filter or throttle body inlet i think its called the butterfly(got to search that) then wank and blow creates at least 16 pounds of boost.. toymods trade secert Wink

Hey will he require a celicamad(tm) boost controller on that?

suff
Regular

April 2004

Re: 7A-FE --> 7A-GZE Wed, 05 May 2004 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHAHA Nice work toyfags.. i am afraid that my dick would block the throttle body entirely!! (JJ)

Allan, why do you think i would need a boost conrtoller, I am planning on using the stock supercharger and head... not after huge performance, and rather than going to a 4A-GZE which is 14yrs old, I can stick with my nice new block, and pickup an extra 200CC's worth of torque!
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7A-FE --> 7A-GZE Wed, 05 May 2004 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was refering to the dick in throttle body, i wonder if special ed would still fit one on the weekend for you? he will give it a few good set-up runs heheheh

Allan
suff
Regular

April 2004

Re: 7A-FE --> 7A-GZE Wed, 05 May 2004 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing

Nah but seriously any one out there done this before (no not getting your dick stuck in the throttle body Razz

suff
Regular

April 2004

Re: 7A-FE --> 7A-GZE Wed, 05 May 2004 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey toyfags.. ok on the dick and pussy = twin turbo.. will i need to run the sequentially, or together? i presume a heatsheild will be nesc. Razz i suppose a big beer intercooler will also be required
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7A-FE --> 7A-GZE Thu, 06 May 2004 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

7A-FE with a 4A-GZE..

Done a 7AFE->GE, much the same basics as a 7AFE->GZE, it just a swap this for that with exception to the Conrod to piston interface, timing covers, Alternator bracket, don't know about P/steering, A/c as the car we used had none of this ('85 AE82 sedan), under boost high, the 7AFE conrods really don't last long, due to there poor design, camshaft need to be dialed in precisely, needing Vernier gears.. really an AE101 GZE + turbo is cheaper, less fidley and only 5 years old and half the cost..... see Ray Hall's web site that has a 20V 7AGZE if your will to go down that track...
jasonp1977
Regular

May 2002
Re: 7A-FE --> 7A-GZE Thu, 06 May 2004 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae101 gze's are between 9 and 12 years old.
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7A-FE --> 7A-GZE Thu, 06 May 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

ae101 gze's are between 9 and 12 years old.

stand corrected... but point is get a low km's one, or if your going to the hassle of the 7AFE->7AGZE, who care about Km's or age as you'll be rebuilding the whole engine as you can't simply slap the GZE head on the 7A block. Forgot to mention, you'll need an A/Market ECU, the standard one makes them run like S*&t.
suff
Regular

April 2004

Re: 7A-FE --> 7A-GZE Fri, 07 May 2004 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm ok lets see how good my toyo markings are.. "z" meaing supercharged, and then you want to turbo it? would it not make more sense to just turbo the existing engine, and avoid an entire engine rebuild (only want too run low bost) not after hi numbers.. more the element of suprise, I just scared myself with the cost of turbo though, garret kit will cost 5k+ just for parts... a 7agze engine with ecu is only 1100..

as far as getting an engine do not forget that i am in perth.. there is two guys that i know of that do jap imports of any volume and they are DODGY as.. i paid 1500 for a rooted engine for my old mazda.. i ended up dumping it at their door and demanding a refund!
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7A-FE --> 7A-GZE Sun, 09 May 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

a 7agze engine with ecu is only 1100..

Try about $3K,and that was for a 7AGE... as lots of things don't simply bolt together ie Conrods of the 7A don't fit directly onto 4AGZE pistons, this mod should cost around $500 to be done PROPERLY!! The GZE ECU will NOT run the engine properly, A/Market will and cam timing is out and is not easy to get right... who ever quoted you $1100 is fooling you.
suff
Regular

April 2004

Re: 7A-FE --> 7A-GZE Sun, 09 May 2004 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$1100 was just for the motor and ecu.. nothing else
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7A-FE --> 7A-GZE Sun, 09 May 2004 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

$1100 was just for the motor and ecu.. nothing else

Do You mean a 4AGZE (1.6L), Not a 7AGZE(1.8L)....$1100-1500 are the going rate for the 4AGZE.
suff
Regular

April 2004

Re: 7A-FE --> 7A-GZE Sun, 09 May 2004 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I was talking about the 4agze.. i didnt even know there was a factory produced 7agze... if so what is it out of?
suff
Regular

April 2004

Re: 7A-FE --> 7A-GZE Sun, 09 May 2004 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry my bad, just re-read my post and noticed that i said 7agze for 1100.. Shocked
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7A-FE --> 7A-GZE Mon, 10 May 2004 05:06 Go to previous message
Quote:

yeah I was talking about the 4agze.. i didnt even know there was a factory produced 7agze... if so what is it out of?

They were never sold in a car, TOM's made them and 20V 7AGE's as Crate motors.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae101 and 4agze or 20v
Next Topic:oil pres sender on 4AC.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Oct 20 12:34:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0099530220031738 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.