Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
oh, no. engine seized Wed, 05 May 2004 23:14 Go to next message
I was in a little rush this morning becuase my brother needed a lift to an atheletics carnival so I hopped in my car started it up, drove out slowly onto the main road (which was a school zone area) so I sat on 20kms and slowly rose to 40kms.

Being in second gear sitting at around 2k-2.5k rpm I noticed the car had a tiny reluclant jerk so I shifted into 3rd and about 2 seconds later there was no pedal feel?

Revs dropped, speed lowered.

I fear the worse..

Can anybody help me do a compression test? my car is stuck down the street from my house on a semi-main road and wondering how I could get it back up..

4AGE, 206k kms
  Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: oh, no. engine seized Wed, 05 May 2004 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well it may not have seized bro

have you checked the leads for spark? Smile Fuel pressure, AFM connector..

this may put a dampener on your trip to melby.. Sad

mate if you live close by I would be happy to pop out and have a squiz at it with you
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: oh, no. engine seized Wed, 05 May 2004 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i'm in denial..

Engine was apparently rebuilt It came equal 1st place at the last dyno for a stock 4AG.

But I brought the car of a rotor head (mistake?) The car would blow some smoke once every 2 weeks or so at high revs (black and white smoke it changes).

Im getting low pressure when trying to crank. While sitting in the cabin the oil level gauge stays low and slowly rises when pressing the throttle.

once its idle its near the middle or over the middle level.

sigh what a start to my day Crying or Very Sad
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: oh, no. engine seized Wed, 05 May 2004 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dude, my PM system is stuffed... it says it is 101% full when their are hardly any messages in it! crazy... so I can't reply to you there Smile

Anyway, oil level. Well it depends how it USED to me. Often your pressure sender will be faulty or the wire will have some resistance built up. I guess you can only contrast it to what you had 2 days ago.

The oil pressure SHOULD rise when the throttle is applied. So that is good. And usually around the middle is where it should live anywho.

Low pressure? What are the readouts do you know?

So you got the car home anyway.. that's good
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: oh, no. engine seized Wed, 05 May 2004 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well its only 9 houses away from home on the same road.. but still Crying or Very Sad

Im guessing its low pressure.

I might try a car+rope toe job.. its just up the street and the nrma will cost me
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: oh, no. engine seized Thu, 06 May 2004 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The fact that you are getting oil pressure means it's unlikely that the engine seized due to pressure related issues. It is possible that your engine was *starved* of oil, so checking the oil level should cross that possibility off. If the oil is low it's possible that it could have 'missed' on the pickup.

I would also check your water level as well...mainly because you could have seized the rings rather than a bearing (although this isn't common). Seeing as the engine 'seized' so quickly it's unlikely that the thermostat or the water pump are the issue (seeing as they probably weren't even 'on' yet).

Otherwise, you are probably looking at something more like an electrical/fuel/spark/throttle/intake fault rather than an actual engine 'seizure'.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: oh, no. engine seized Thu, 06 May 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob - have you checked your trash folder in your PMs?
you gotta delete everything twice
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: oh, no. engine seized Thu, 06 May 2004 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok guys

After having a really shitty day im glad to come back with my car being diagnosed as nothing serious Very Happy

All it is.. - NO FUEL! LOL

Now either its the aftermarket alarm+immoboliser that has gone all skitz. or my fuel pump is gone.

thank god Very Happy

the bugger doesnt pump fuel but the fuses are fine
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: oh, no. engine seized Thu, 06 May 2004 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u clutz lol Laughing Laughing
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: oh, no. engine seized Thu, 06 May 2004 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey it happens, well not to me, but yeah, some people.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: oh, no. engine seized Thu, 06 May 2004 14:13 Go to previous message
hehehe duuude Smile

Draven!

Quote:

Your PMs folders are 62% full.

I officially LOVE you. Well.. in the Aussie bloke sense, not the Oxford Street sense..but seeing I don't REALLY know you...

..ok.. well it was very nice of you to point that out.. I thought... oh well don't matter.. all fixed now

I didn't know there were all those folders.. huh.. well well

Greg, you been on Willoughby Rd in epping recently.. they have KILLED IT..

anyway, that has nothing to do with this thread AT ALL Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What temp switch
Next Topic:1ggteu power upgrade
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Oct 27 04:39:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066208839416504 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.