Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
marky
Newcomer

May 2004
WTB- trueno Thu, 06 May 2004 12:12 Go to next message
hi! just looking for a trueno 85 or 86 model, looking for something priced under 10g, modified or stock doesn't matter.

Attachment: 4990us.jpg
(Size: 28.54KB, Downloaded 130 time(s))

Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: WTB- trueno Thu, 06 May 2004 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good luck my friend
SoarerFury
Regular

April 2004

Re: WTB- trueno Thu, 06 May 2004 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jeeezzz... u love rubbing it in aye.. i love ur car so much its my wallpaper.. hope u don't mind

u could import..could get a gt-apex on the road here for as little at $7000.. even less if u just got a basic trueno or levin even..

how a look at these links. give u a rough idea what ur looking at .k!
roughly 87 Yen = Aust $1
350,000 yen = roughly Aust $4000

some of them are mint.

http://list1.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/2084016668-ca tegory-leaf.html?f=&alocale=0jp&mode=2

marky
Newcomer

May 2004
WTB- trueno Thu, 06 May 2004 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for that !

i think i might get it imported. around how much it cost to get one imported here? and do you know anyone who would be able to get it imported?
justinfox
Regular

September 2003
Re: WTB- trueno Thu, 06 May 2004 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have spoken to so many people who have started to import a car, or have just imported one and already they are selling their cars because they can't afford to get them on the road. Too much to fix to get it to a state that you are happy with and driving it every day.

Seems like everyone who hasn't imported a car thinks that anyone can import one cheap by using a currency converter and prices you see on Japanese sites.

Just speak to a few people who actually have imported a car from an Auction and you will hear that the price you see on the Japanese auction site gets blown off the roof by the time you get the car on the road with registration and compulsory insurance.
SoarerFury
Regular

April 2004

Re: WTB- trueno Fri, 07 May 2004 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wait a sec..here

know that u know this, ur not gonna worry about anymore?
well..think about this..how do u think the import businesses get there money, by overcharging the fee's , unless they did that, i cant see them getting a profit.

in nz, u don't need to man.. im from there.. theres enough around already... when it comes to getting a car there.. u got 2 options
1= an import <-- tons and tons and tons
2= nz new / dealer new

australia don't have that.. and these gits from these performance groups. there not space-ships.. there just cars that weren't sold here from new
i don't see what a big deal is!

if u wanna cut costs.. i heard of this guy has a cargo plane, can ship car for $300 straight off the shore.. and its legal to
i can own my own shipping vehicle and still get it through customs and quaritine and all that shit
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: WTB- trueno Fri, 07 May 2004 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$300 for a car air frieghted from Japan to Australia, ..., I'd like to see that?!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

But back to the original topic, I have an AE85 Trueno in the back yard for sale, it's been registered in Australia before, so no compliancing crap too!!! Now, where did I put that link, ...?

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=29253&rid=1781&S=3d5a9a13612c141b3957fa4 e8c060d61&pl_view=&start=0#msg_255281msg_2 55281

Clint
SoarerFury
Regular

April 2004

Re: WTB- trueno Fri, 07 May 2004 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah serious about the freight thing.. its just a registered cargo plane.. not a registered freight businesses

ur basically paying for fuel and clearence... the ships charge for just using one of there crates and there space.. its mobile storage in other words.
13_954
Regular

July 2003
Re: WTB- trueno Fri, 07 May 2004 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SoarerFury wrote on Thu, 06 May 2004 23:39

roughly 87 Yen = Aust $1
350,000 yen = roughly Aust $4000

i think you mean 78 yen. 87 would drop prices dramatically!!!
the yen is at about 79 to the aussie dollar at the moment...

350,000yen = just under $4500 AUD
SoarerFury
Regular

April 2004

Re: WTB- trueno Fri, 07 May 2004 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah prolly right there.. now

but that was yesterdays rate.. and my mum working for anz bureau de change.. and i called her yesterday so.. yea!

i know what u mean tho. the japanese yen is the most up and down rate in oceania...
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: WTB- trueno Fri, 07 May 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SoarerFury wrote on Fri, 07 May 2004 10:51

nah serious about the freight thing.. its just a registered cargo plane.. not a registered freight businesses

ur basically paying for fuel and clearence... the ships charge for just using one of there crates and there space.. its mobile storage in other words.

So who pays for time (pilot's, packer's, air traffic, ...), packing, depreciation, ..., and duty and GST? $300 is an unrealistic figure - think about it?! While I will admit your post is difficult to read (the construction and incorrect grammer makes it so), I have a feeling we're both missing the point of importing a car form another country into Australia. If it could be done for a bargain basement price, everybody would be doing it, and an AE86 would attact a $15 000 price tag in doing so.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: WTB- trueno Fri, 07 May 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you can buy a top of the range JDM vehicles (Trueno GT APEX) for well and truly under 10k, it makes you wonder why people even bother paying 3k for a clean sprinter, and another 3k for an engine transplant, and x amount for any other shit
when you can have a reliable factory default 4age setup, complete with all the goodies (power steering, electrics, climate control, plush interior LSD!!!!!)... And it's a trueno!

Fact of the matter is is that these cars get a lot of interest from people asking importers. As soon as they find out the real price, they kack their dacks, and rather spend their money on 180sx Smile
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: WTB- trueno Sat, 08 May 2004 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Thu, 06 May 2004 20:21

good luck my friend

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=34866&start=0&rid=3968&S=473a6c2966e ca24df051d7f4228ba7d9

You spoke to soon Razz but who is able to aford that, only someone truly worthy of a trueno and ready to pay the price Smile I would buy it for that price if i had the money. its a nice car *wink*.
JDM-086
Regular

March 2004
Re: WTB- trueno Sun, 09 May 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geez i wish it was that easy to import, my friend is an importer and he will import for me profit free and its still too expensive to import a trueno, dont even entertaint the thought of getting a decent 1 landed in aus registered rwc and ready to drive for under 10k.
3.5-4k on top of car cost + registration + rwc and thats roughly ur figure, and a decent trueno in japan ( decent not IMMAC ) goes for around the 6 k mark, you do the maths. but yer if u have the money i dont see why not but don't think they are easy to get as some may make them out to be...

here are some sexc examples
http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f2117 1572
http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d4776 8137
and they still have a couple of days on auction
bomber
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: WTB- trueno Sun, 09 May 2004 12:15 Go to previous message
Yeah, that's about right. Even those 'sexy examples' would be about $11500 landed if you did it yourself + on road costs.
They are rediculously expensive for a 20 year old car, even if they do handle well. They are probably better, newer cars out there for similar money.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:F/S TA23 with 2T-GEU STILL FOR SALE -SOLD-
Next Topic:T18 MACHO MACHINE! SOLD, TO A REAL MAN.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 01:25:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061991214752197 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.