Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kwakka
Newcomer

May 2004
3S-GTE into an RA28 Fri, 07 May 2004 03:53 Go to next message
I've heard of this conversion being done before but I can't find any solid info on it..... does anyone know of a conversion like this being documented or has anyone DONE this conversion?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

- rich

oh yeah, QLD ROCKS.
  Send a private message to this user    
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3S-GTE into an RA28 Fri, 07 May 2004 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You will need sump gear from a RWD (st 141 corona I think). Just do it; The RA 28 is cavernous and as such will swallow just about any engine that you care to throw at it.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3S-GTE into an RA28 Fri, 07 May 2004 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Converting a 3S-GTE to RWD is not a particularly easy or cheap thing to do. The results will be pretty awesome but this conversion is not for the faint of heart, which is why so few people have done it.

Do a search for more detailed info, this sort of thing has been discussed many times over in the tech section.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 3S-GTE into an RA28 Fri, 07 May 2004 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've always been interested to see pics of what someone has done for this conversion, mainly of the intake manifold and exhaust manifold.

Alternate to that, i see difficulties and expenses, but the more i think about the conversion, the less things seem to be difficult to do.

I realise there is a level of custom fabrication required, but can it really be so much more than manifolds, intercooler piping, engine mounts, gearbox mounts, and associated driveline gear?

I realised its been covered, but im at work and have searched other topics enough to cover more than 50% of the toymods populous' searching combined Razz
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 3S-GTE into an RA28 Fri, 07 May 2004 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kwakka wrote on Fri, 07 May 2004 13:53

I've heard of this conversion being done before but I can't find any solid info on it..... does anyone know of a conversion like this being documented or has anyone DONE this conversion?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

- rich

oh yeah, QLD ROCKS.

Where in Qld do you live?
kwakka
Newcomer

May 2004
Re: 3S-GTE into an RA28 Mon, 10 May 2004 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
norman park.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 3S-GTE into an RA28 Mon, 10 May 2004 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that nere Frank Ave? Rolling Eyes
blackRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3S-GTE into an RA28 Mon, 10 May 2004 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im pretty interested too on this topic, because one day i will either go a 3S or SR20 in place of the 18RG..

it has been talked over many times but its not often ppl want to share what needs to be modified in detail because its half the fun of doing the swap: finding out how much of the original engine bits you can use and what is useless..

me and my mate roughly priced it up one day and the SR20t
seemed like an easier bang for buck swap, because of the rwd manifolds & gbox.. but who wants a nissan engine in a toyota if you can have the mightly GT-4 motor in there...

kwakka
Newcomer

May 2004
Re: 3S-GTE into an RA28 Mon, 10 May 2004 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
frank ave off bennets road? yeah, damn close. i'm up on agnew st.
kwakka
Newcomer

May 2004
Re: 3S-GTE into an RA28 Mon, 10 May 2004 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blackRA28 wrote on Mon, 10 May 2004 11:50

Im pretty interested too on this topic, because one day i will either go a 3S or SR20 in place of the 18RG..

it has been talked over many times but its not often ppl want to share what needs to be modified in detail because its half the fun of doing the swap: finding out how much of the original engine bits you can use and what is useless..

me and my mate roughly priced it up one day and the SR20t
seemed like an easier bang for buck swap, because of the rwd manifolds & gbox.. but who wants a nissan engine in a toyota if you can have the mightly GT-4 motor in there...

recently been told that a 1JZ would be an easier conversion than a 3S-GTE so that's what it's looking like now Very Happy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 3S-GTE into an RA28 Mon, 10 May 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If your in Brisbane you can come have a look at my nearly finished RWD 3S-GTE project.
kwakka
Newcomer

May 2004
Re: 3S-GTE into an RA28 Mon, 10 May 2004 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhhhhhhhhh 3S-GTE into an RA28?

if you're down on frank ave, are u at home today?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3S-GTE into an RA28 Mon, 10 May 2004 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't add too many comments on this conversion as currently i'm only building/preping the engine.

But yeah, in the future a 3S will find it's home in my RA28's engine bay.

If you search for RWD 3S-GTE you'll find most the info you need. A lot of custom work though and far from bolt in.

Cheers.
Joel
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 3S-GTE into an RA28 Mon, 10 May 2004 02:26 Go to previous message
kwakka wrote on Mon, 10 May 2004 11:59

ahhhhhhhhhh 3S-GTE into an RA28?

if you're down on frank ave, are u at home today?

I'm actually doing a 3S into a TA22 but its the same deal. And i'm a little drive from Frank Ave.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:W58 on 3RZ-FE need help
Next Topic:coil overs in ke30
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Oct 21 07:26:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0094039440155029 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.