Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 86kw 4age compression ratio (performance) ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
86kw 4age compression ratio (performance) ? Fri, 07 May 2004 04:25 Go to next message
hey guys.

the stock 86kw bigport has a compression ratio of 9.4, the 100kw has a 10.4 compression ratio, and the 20valve has an 11.

what is a good increase in the compression ratio for teh 86kw 4age without doing any damage? does any1 have any suggestions?
  Send a private message to this user    
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 86kw 4age compression ratio (performance) ? Fri, 07 May 2004 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anything above 10.5 would be a nice step up. But it will depend how you get this.

If you shave the head and use a thin head gasket to do it then you may give the bottom end and hard time. Rebuild the bottom end with some nice 10.5 or better graded pistons and it should all be good.

Like most things, you get what you pay for.
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 86kw 4age compression ratio (performance) ? Fri, 07 May 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i guess u could take the pistons and connecting rods out of the 100kw engine and use them to handle the new pressure yes?
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 86kw 4age compression ratio (performance) ? Fri, 07 May 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why wouldn't you just use the 100kw motor then?

The mods that you've been enquiring about in threads will mostly likely give smallish gains for the time put in to do them. If you know this before you start then it's all good and a learning experience. E.g. a stock gze would be alot easier for a similar outlay
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 86kw 4age compression ratio (performance) ? Fri, 07 May 2004 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the only problem i would have with the engiine swap is the replacement of the ECU! those things look incredibly tricky, and i dont even really know what it looks like really, which is a far cry from installing one!

who wants to do my engine swap for me ? Smile

plus im a P plater who cant afford big amounts of money upfront.
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 86kw 4age compression ratio (performance) ? Sun, 09 May 2004 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Save up then. I've had my 86kwer for a while now. To get it to go really well I know would require $$. I just think if you're going to put money into it you might as well make it worthwhile. You might find in a year or 2 you sell the Ae82 (assuming that's what you have) and move onto something quicker. I'm happy with mine, awesome on petrol, minimal repairs and has decent power when you get a few revs on board.

Seriously, on P plates you don't want anything much quicker than a bigport...just looking back and thinking of some stupid things done and more kw = more trouble (i Know i sound like a dad), but so many p platers in commodores etc end up wrapped around poles.

Good luck with it..just a few cents of mine that may not count for much Rolling Eyes
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 86kw 4age compression ratio (performance) ? Sun, 09 May 2004 13:11 Go to previous message
all opinions are welcomed by me!!!

i havent bought the car yet.
im just doin as much research as possible before i commit to modding it or leaving it stock. however my mind is made up that i will buy one, its just a matter of when i sell my 4ac 1985 seca.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae82 twincam performance chip?
Next Topic:St205 brake upgrade - what rotors to use
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Oct 22 06:36:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058789253234863 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.