Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Gearbox Problems, URGENT help needed!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Audi-Tone
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Gearbox Problems, URGENT help needed! Sat, 08 May 2004 14:23 Go to next message
Hey fellas, i drive a 96 cielo atm and i have a problem (and yes i know it aint a toyota Smile )

i was coming round a corner earlier tonight and as i changed into 2nd i heard 2 thud sounds (the 2nd being a bit louder than the 1st). i proceed to drive up the hill, get to the top, try to select 2nd and the bitch wont go. i pull up have a play around with the gearbox; can get 3rd 4th and 5th but no 1st, 2nd, or reverse (reverse is left of 1st gear)

can anyone help me out!?
i would like to know what ive done before taking it somewhere to get it looked it. the only thing i can say is that it feels like there's a barrier stopping me from getting into 1/2nd gear. have a fucked the box up?!

thanx for replies (if any)
Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Gearbox Problems, URGENT help needed! Sat, 08 May 2004 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u might have broken somethign to do with one of the selector arms that shift s the gears (in pairs) around.

might only be pins or interlock bits (to stop selecting 2nd & 4th at same time) that have moved/broken, etc (when i broke the 1/2 selector rod in my W50 it tried to select multiple gears at one time) seeing as you're isn't then it's probably not as severe.

if you'd done serious damage (stripped a cog or smashed syncro ring) then it would be undrivable as those things are all along the main input/output shafts - when one's stuck, it tends to affect the whole shaft.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Gearbox Problems, URGENT help needed! Sat, 08 May 2004 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it making a loud banging sound when you try and put in gear?
Audi-Tone
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: Gearbox Problems, URGENT help needed! Sat, 08 May 2004 14:43 Go to previous message
no noise at all... try to put into 1st, it just finds its way back to third..
if it's just the selector arms how much would that be would you guys think? and is it a time consuming job?!
i need my car to be driveable :\
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Beams 3sge?
Next Topic:Short stroke suspension
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Oct 23 14:22:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044558048248291 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.