Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4AGE 20v waterpump gasket......

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
4AGE 20v waterpump gasket...... Mon, 10 May 2004 05:34 Go to next message
Hey all,

I just spoke to a guy from Toyota and apparently the above gasket will take 3 weeks to come from Japan. Can anyone tell me if I can use a 16v gasket or even a 4AC gasket as they are all very similar if not identical blocks? There's no way I'm waiting 3 weeks to put this engine in!!!

Cheers bruvva's
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4AGE 20v waterpump gasket...... Mon, 10 May 2004 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and what is it made from?
if paper, gasket paper and a smear of silicon is your friend Very Happy

i vaguely remember some O-ring thing tho (maybe 4AC..) even then O-rings are plentiful and cheap Very Happy

Cya, Stewart
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 4AGE 20v waterpump gasket...... Mon, 10 May 2004 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't really tell what it's made from as when I pulled off the waterpump there wasn't really anything resembling a gasket there.... Just some cruddy shite and both surfaces (pump and block) were pretty much clean. I'll ahve another look and see of there is an O-ring around the circular hole in the block.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4AGE 20v waterpump gasket...... Mon, 10 May 2004 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the one on the 4AC was rock hard and just looke dlike a black ring.. not an o-ring anymore...

at 3am in the morning some silicon did the trick.. at least for the last 6 months, but i do not recommend that course of action...

O-rings are at any local bearing place. for better heat/chemical resistance than the 'nitrile' type, you can get 'viton' ones, or silicon if you feel frisky.

Cya, Stewart
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 4AGE 20v waterpump gasket...... Mon, 10 May 2004 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah ha. I get the sneaking suspicion that there is in fact an O-ring, albeit a deformed one.....

I'd prefer to use an O-ring.... But then again, I am feeling a little bit frisky......
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4AGE 20v waterpump gasket...... Mon, 10 May 2004 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm, dig it out, measure the inner and outer diamter and depth of groove, truck down to your bearing dude and say "one please" Very Happy

o-rings are like 30-50c maybe (mayeb a little more) viton and silicon are more like $2-4 (at a guess) but will take more heat before hardening like nitrile.

Cya, Stewart
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 4AGE 20v waterpump gasket...... Mon, 10 May 2004 06:47 Go to previous message
Kewl, thanks... errrr.... Old. Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TA22 Boot Spring removal.
Next Topic:Nitrous and Methanol
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Oct 20 00:25:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074989795684814 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.