Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Old School Cruise Wed, 02 June 2004 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
might come along
  Send a private message to this user    
Justice
Occasional Poster

May 2004

Re: Old School Cruise Wed, 02 June 2004 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey wot bout if we went from kings park (i duno if im allowed in there) if not we could start at a park in perth or somethin and then cruise down to rockingham through armadale and then back around near perth. (its just a surgestion i new to it all).
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: Old School Cruise Thu, 03 June 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok what about starting at mundaring because it has cover then going to Carousel Fast Eddy's for a regroup then going to Morley Galleria.

Jackel I know it sucks to drive a mile just to get to the start. But we cant make every one happy I live in jandakot but most of the run will be more north of the river If I was was dumb I could just make it all south of the river which would be great for me but crap for half the other people. Smile

but thanks alot for every ones ideas and the date is set for the 27 of june Very Happy
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: Old School Cruise Thu, 03 June 2004 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SOR all the way Laughing

Hehehehe, but yeah since I live near carousel I can go to that meetup or whatever. But can't go on the cruise itself as my lil AE86 won't be able to keep up with most of yours O_o

But then again, the 27th is pretty far away, let's hope if I can get a engine converion by then ^_^
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Old School Cruise Thu, 03 June 2004 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Mitch - I actually live south of the river.. in Cannington actually.. so if I wanted to make it close to home I'd rather finish at Carousel!! Razz

I'm all worried about the weather that all. Crying or Very Sad
I'd hate for us to organise our first cruise and then its pissing down with rain everywhere we stop - it means we won't be able to step out of our cars and have a yarn and admire the rides...

Any other suggestions for undercover meeting points - throw them up on the board - its a cruise to suit all!

Only a few weeks to go!
Purple Monkey - hows the cruise map looking? Gonna do a test run this weekend??

DAMO
TRD 83
7MSupra
Regular

April 2004
    ?
Re: Old School Cruise Thu, 03 June 2004 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a good one!
will bring my mark III and will try to get my mate to come with his 1g-gte powered supra
Go the mighty 7M!! Very Happy
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Old School Cruise Thu, 03 June 2004 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7MSupra wrote on Thu, 03 June 2004 23:02

Sounds like a good one!
will bring my mark III and will try to get my mate to come with his 1g-gte powered supra
Go the mighty 7M!! Very Happy

and my corona will be in the middle of both them supras Cool

bog Razz
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Old School Cruise Fri, 04 June 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

make that 2 coronas Laughing

go the 4m Razz
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Old School Cruise Fri, 04 June 2004 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7MSupra - yeah, more Supra's!! cool! Smile Sounds like we should have a few of them!

Anyone else got some friends with Old Skool cruisers - be sure to let them know about our cruise!

Cheers
DAMO
TRD 83

ps. yes... GO the 7M!! Very Happy
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Old School Cruise Fri, 04 June 2004 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like I may be missing out on this one boys.

My car isnt on the road yet, and I return on 25th June, so 2 days could be stretching it.

But I'll do my best to get her on the road on the 25th.
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: Old School Cruise Sat, 05 June 2004 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The map is geting there were you happy with the Idea in the last post that means we start and fin in an undercover area I wil try and find one more regroup area Very Happy
7MSupra
Regular

April 2004
    ?
Re: Old School Cruise Mon, 07 June 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats if u can keep up jackel Cool
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Old School Cruise Mon, 07 June 2004 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
once i get michaels engine, it'll be you who'll need to keep up Very Happy Razz
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: Old School Cruise Wed, 09 June 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I want to try and keep the speeds down for this run Smile
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Old School Cruise Fri, 11 June 2004 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like the cruise has generated a bit of interest so far!! Thats excellent! Should be a good cruise size of cars.

I understand your resoning for Mundaring starting point.. as inconvenient as it may be! Razz
I just hope it doesn't deter people!!
PurpleMonkey - The starting point u have planned - is it undercover?? (once again - one of my main priorities! hehe)

I also have a couple of friends coming (or interested at least). 1 old school Cordia + 1 old school Mazda. I know they aren't Toyota's.. but they are old school at least!! hehe Razz
I hope thats all good ppl - there just aren't enough clubs that cater for old school cruisers - so I invited them along.

Maybe a few old RX7's n stuff would go down well too if anyone knows some friends with some good examples .. that don't run 9 sec 1/4mile!! hehe My 11 second Supra may not be able to keep up! Laughing jk

DAMO
TRD 83
8t6panda
Regular

May 2004
Re: Old School Cruise Sat, 12 June 2004 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ill prolly come.hopfully ill be able to keep up with the twinturbo cars lol. ill still run some guys ill run anyone, i dnt care if i lose lol Very Happy
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: Old School Cruise Sat, 12 June 2004 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes the starting point is under cover
but if you dont like it think of some were else
We have to have the plan set asap.
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Old School Cruise Sun, 13 June 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah - meeting point is fine!
As you say - its hard to cater for everyone's needs! Razz

Did you go for a test run on the weekend and squeeze in another check point?
Let me know what you have so far.. I'll see if I can add my 2 cents?? Very Happy

Cheers
DAMO
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Old School Cruise Sun, 13 June 2004 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can we have two starting points north and south the river and meet up in the middle cause it'll be alot easier for some people
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Old School Cruise Sun, 13 June 2004 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah - but what is easier for some is difficult for others. Confused

Plus i think having all these different cruises around the place kinda negates the purpose of us all getting together in the first place. Rolling Eyes
I'd rather cruise as a large group rather than just a few odd cars here and there. Its a lot more fun having a group of modded cars together with the same journey. Its a lot easier to account for people and so on aswell.

jackel - nice idea, and perhaps we can use it later down the track as the group gets larger... but for the first cruise, I'd like everyone to be in the same spot at the same time. chuck a few extra dollars in the fuel tank and join us for the whole thing!

Thats my 2 cents.. further comments welcome as always! Very Happy

cheers
DAMO
TRD 83
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Old School Cruise Mon, 14 June 2004 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAMO,
We are down to less than 2 weeks to go mate, so someone had better start posting some confirmed details, start time and place, route, rough times to be at mid-points etc.....
Helps the rest of us to plan our weekends....
Thanks,
Mitch.
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Old School Cruise Mon, 14 June 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mitch.. couldn't agree with you more!
unfortunately this one is Ross's baby.. i just offered to help out with the planning if need be.. but unfortunately I know no more than you guys. Confused

Ross - hows things looking man? all organised??
Can you make up some sort of word document and email it to me so i can check out your progress?

Cheers
Damo
TRD 83
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: Old School Cruise Mon, 14 June 2004 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 20 June 2004 07:55]

WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Old School Cruise Tue, 15 June 2004 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nup - sounding good so far Ross - keep up the good work! Very Happy

Try and find the most direct route from place to place to minimise the stress of planning and to avoid people with no sence of direction (usually women) from getting lost! Laughing <-- yeah go on, throw some heat my way Lauren!! lolz

I think its gonna be very hard to judge exact meeting times and stuff at the various check points, cos it will all depend on the day... so there isn't really much you can tell people. However, anyone thats been on a cruise will realise that they'll have to give it at least a couple of hours.. so I reckon we should be done by at least 3pm for those that would like to plan a Sunday evening.. or get home in time for the Big Brother eviction! Razz

Cheers
DAMO
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Old School Cruise Wed, 16 June 2004 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont think i'll be able to make it dudes

my cars a bit dented / fkd

Razz

i'll have pics tommorow Very Happy
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: Old School Cruise Wed, 16 June 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats ok coronamark2 it does not sound to good

I have just found out my car will not be ready till monday next week but atleast it will be ready for the run

I hope a few people Show up Confused
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Old School Cruise Thu, 17 June 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coronamark2 wrote on Wed, 16 June 2004 14:32

i dont think i'll be able to make it dudes

my cars a bit dented / fkd

Shocked nooooooooooo!! Does not sound good at all!
is it repairable?

Purple Monkey - there was a pretty good response from cruisers originally - I hope they are all still keen and keeping an eye on this post!

I'll be there! and hopefully my mate with his Mk3 Supra.

Can we get another roll call from those who will definately be attending?? (provided there are no coronamark2 incidents between now and then!!) Confused

Cheers guys!
DAMO
TRD 83
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Old School Cruise Thu, 17 June 2004 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wheres the pics coronamark2?
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Old School Cruise Thu, 17 June 2004 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am keeping an eyeball on this post and I am still keen, as long as there is a good turnout, and some decent cars to squizz at!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Old School Cruise Thu, 17 June 2004 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Due to renewed interest in my car, I may be there.
I'll know by sat morn.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Old School Cruise Fri, 18 June 2004 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe, but it'll be a mission Sad For once I'll be at work, but I don't think my gf would appreciate me bailing on her b'day Wink

As a side note, I've told you before Damo, there ain't no such thing as a Supra XX! Don't disrespect the heritage!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Old School Cruise Fri, 18 June 2004 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 18 June 2004 10:18

Hehe, but it'll be a mission Sad For once I'll not be at work, but I don't think my gf would appreciate me bailing on her b'day Wink

Ahh crap, forgot about that.

Hmmm, 12 oclock start, will I be able to drive?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Old School Cruise Fri, 18 June 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Physically able, most likely, ill, most likely, legally sober, probably not Wink
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Old School Cruise Fri, 18 June 2004 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 18 June 2004 10:28

Physically able, most likely, ill, most likely, legally sober, probably not Wink

Hmmm, it will be the tale of the two's

200kW vs 205 tyres vs 2ce the legal limit... fun fun fun
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: Old School Cruise Sun, 20 June 2004 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Today I have done a trial run and I have decided to change the starting point. I know I have said this before but the following info is not going to change again

DATE: Sunday, 27 June

STARTING POINT: Car park at kalamunda central shoping center behind a small set of shops on the corner of Railway rd and Haynes st. This has a good size undercover and open car park area

TIME: 12:00 meet for a 12:30 departure

First regroup:Car park to the left hand side of Carousel Fast Eddy's we will arrive there at about 1:00 if we leave on time

Finish: Morley Galleria the small under cover car park underneath the Rebel sports sign the larger car park is too busy due to the cinemas

I have completed the map and have kept it short to about a hour of driving with numbers unsure. its no fun driving for hours with only 2 cars Very Happy . I you are interested please post and let me know.

CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Old School Cruise Sun, 20 June 2004 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That carpark will be full of Saturday morning shoppers at that time and date - be careful!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Old School Cruise Sun, 20 June 2004 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good thing it's a Sunday then huh? Wink
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Old School Cruise Sun, 20 June 2004 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i doubt my friends are going to go all the way to kalamunda which is hell far since we live in mirrabooka.

12 is hell early aswell.. well for me tho Embarassed

what about meet in perth 1pm cruise up mitchelle freeway to joondulap then right on burns beach road when cruise back down wannaroo road then left on morley drive and still finish off in morley shopping center? Smile
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Old School Cruise Sun, 20 June 2004 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG wrote on Sun, 20 June 2004 21:02

That carpark will be full of Saturday morning shoppers at that time and date - be careful!

Ooops, my mistake, sorry guys, read it as Saturday for some reason?!?
rx793
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Old School Cruise Sun, 20 June 2004 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still having sound system problems..but should b getting fixed saturday...BUT IM IN!
TheGodfather
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: Old School Cruise Sun, 20 June 2004 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jackel wrote on Sun, 20 June 2004 23:36

i doubt my friends are going to go all the way to kalamunda which is hell far since we live in mirrabooka.

I reckon eh, im in mirrabooka too and its a good drive up there.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Old School Cruise Sun, 20 June 2004 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bah

I'm in Carine, that 10mins west of you, and I *plan* to go.

Its not that bad, I've done a few cruises out that way before, its a nice day out.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Old School Cruise Mon, 21 June 2004 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jackel,
Leave it as Purple Monkey has it planned. It that does not fit into your schedule you can plan the next one so it fits in with you for time, distance and locations.

Purple Monkey - sounds great ! Thanks for going to the trouble of setting this up. I have to do new radiatior, new zorst, afm and air filter brackets and new cable operated accelerator pedal this week so I can be there on Sunday, so I will do my best mate.

Mitch.
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: Old School Cruise Mon, 21 June 2004 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the end I just gave up with the locations it is so hard to make every one happy. I live in jandakot and it took me about 30mins to get there which I thought was ok because there was very Little traffic and some where I have not gone before and the run is only 1hour in driving time. Hell its a car cruise it has to involve some amount of driving Very Happy . Somebody else can plan the next one.
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Old School Cruise Mon, 21 June 2004 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Jackel,
Leave it as Purple Monkey has it planned. It that does not fit into your schedule you can plan the next one so it fits in with you for time, distance and locations.

here here ra23celica!! Razz

If we had it Jackel's way, we'd prolly cruise around Mirrabooka Shopping center 3 or 4 times - cos anything else is too far! Laughing hehe

What about poor Purple Monkey who lives all the way out at Jandakot, and has to cruise all the way to Morley to cater for everyone??!

You can't please everyone when you plan a cruise, but I think Ross has done a good job listening to everyones suggestions instead of just making the cruise how he wants it.

I think it should be good.. I'm looking forward to it!

I'll have a go at organising one in a couple of months, give people time to save up some petrol money! Very Happy

Cheers
DAMO
TRD 83
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Old School Cruise Mon, 21 June 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And to get their CELICA XX's on the road Wink
SleekHer
Regular

March 2003
Re: Old School Cruise Mon, 21 June 2004 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oi Damo i hav an awesome sense of direction thankyou, and even better i can even refold tha map when i'm done Razz so NER!!!

And starting in Kalamunda.... nice Cool I'll be there with bells on (awaiting Clints smart ass comment) i'll drag my sorry ass outta bed at 11:50 and b there at 12!!

See u ppl Sunday!!!

LJ

CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Old School Cruise Mon, 21 June 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SleekHer wrote on Mon, 21 June 2004 20:17

(awaiting Clints smart ass comment)

Your ass may look smart, but my brain is smarter!!!
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Old School Cruise Mon, 21 June 2004 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we could always do a cruise threw maccas drive threw it'll proberly take about 2 hours to get from one side to the other Razz

have you got a map that you can post on here or right down the streets cause i don't know anyplace south the river
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Old School Cruise Mon, 21 June 2004 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

(awaiting Clints smart ass comment)

Your ass may look smart, but my brain is smarter!!!

Rolling Eyes *sigh* - Clint can you put more effort into it next time!! hehe

lauryn ---> 1
clint ---> 0

haha Laughing

Purple Monkey - agree with Jackel - even tho I have good sense of directions NoR and SoR (without a map Lauryn!!) - but some main streets would be nice to know.. have you made up some sort of map that people can download for the day or is everyone just gonna follow the classy Cressida??

cheers
DAMO
TRD 83
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Old School Cruise Tue, 22 June 2004 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'll be there with bells on (awaiting Clints smart ass comment)

Will you be wearing the pointy shoes and cap, and tights - Elfin like too?

That better Damo?
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Old School Cruise Tue, 22 June 2004 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG wrote on Mon, 21 June 2004 20:34

but my brain is smarter!!!

Um...fuel density changes with heat......? Rolling Eyes

I am not a smart man....Jenny Razz
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Old School Cruise Tue, 22 June 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Will you be wearing the pointy shoes and cap, and tights - Elfin like too?

That better Damo?

Quote:

Um...fuel density changes with heat......?

I am not a smart man....Jenny

hahahaha Laughing lolz

Lauryn ---> 1
Clint ---> 1
Gabe ---> 1

Very Happy
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: Old School Cruise Tue, 22 June 2004 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have taken down directions e.g turn right doda st then left at lala rd Very Happy that I will type up for the day but if u want I can scan the map of the first meet up point. I would just get out the street directory and look in the index under railway rd find one in kalamunda then work backwards towards your house then you will know where to go.I am not sure of the area as well I have only been there once (last Sunday Very Happy) but thats what makes it interesting.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Old School Cruise Tue, 22 June 2004 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://freehost10.websamba.com:8888/jackel/achieve /perthmetro.pdf

might be useful Smile
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: Old School Cruise Wed, 23 June 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will hope to get along as well, as long as I can replace the windscreen in time and squeeze the zimmer frame into the car Shocked Very Happy
Justice
Occasional Poster

May 2004

Re: Old School Cruise Wed, 23 June 2004 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in guys me and dad in my RA28 i got some of it painted black (interior) and i got a new gear knob.... i cant wait to go hey... i think im driving. im looking forward to cing people wit toyotas
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Old School Cruise Wed, 23 June 2004 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For those who are north of the river, we are having a meet at 11am at the Bunnings Balcatta carpark, corner nearest the traffic lights.

We will depart at about 11:20

I'm hoping my car will be there but the chances are getting slimmer and slimmer.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Old School Cruise Wed, 23 June 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stumpy,
I will join you with my zimmer frame mate, I think I am nearly twice the age of most of the people going on this run !
Chance are slim for me too since the radiator mob I had lined up have declined to work on my car.......
Cheers,
Mitch.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Old School Cruise Thu, 24 June 2004 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Car definately wont be there Sad

But I'll see if I can make it anyway
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:CANCELLED - CCG Event - 4 July 2004 - Cruise to TOYMODS Dynoday Sydney
Next Topic:ACT AE92 Seca parts needed
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:17:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0094339847564697 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.