Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Wed, 12 May 2004 00:06 Go to next message
Ok Ladies and Gents its time again for a Toymods Car Rally. Its been over a year since the last one so we thought we would do one again.

When: Sunday 6th of June

Where: Meeting will be in the usual spot carpark 6 right near the station at olympic park Homebush.

Cost: $5 entry fee

Time: 9:00 meeting and with watches syncronised the Rally Packages will be handed out at 9:30 sharp

Location: The rally will take place in and around olympic park with the final location reveled on the day. All I can say is that it will be a park within 10min drive of the meeting spot, and the BBQ will be running while we tally results.

What to bring: Around $5-10 cash to pick up things along the way, a picnic rug and maybe some chairs for lunch, also additional reseach material may or may not help complete the tasks.

We are plugging this day as a family day bring wives, kids, girlfriends, brothers sisters and mates. It will make it easier if everyone has a navigator, you have someone to direct and help solve the clues. The BBQ will be running at a park for lunch and for fun some footy games or other "parky" games may be started up. BBQ prices will be as per Dyno Day.

So come one come all. Come along to what will be a great day! It will be great to meet new faces in the forms of friends of club members as navigators, or just new members wanting to see what we do.

As always Non toyota's are welcome.

For any questions talk to DAVGT4, myself or any of the board,

[Updated on: Fri, 11 June 2004 10:34] by Moderator

Send a private message to this user    
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Wed, 12 May 2004 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am SO there!! Very Happy Cannot wait. Any reason why it's all being held so close to the start? I love the long rallies. Smile
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Wed, 12 May 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It will be a long rally just all around that area. The reason it was picked was to go on a long rally form our meeting point you have to travel on some pretty nasty traffic snarled roads to get any where. By staying in the area we avoid getting caught in traffic and a really long drive home from somewhere.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Wed, 12 May 2004 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is very true. I bow to your superior intellect and wisdom. Nod
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Wed, 12 May 2004 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like fun.. i should b able to go.. i havent done this in ages..
DavGT4
Regular

I supported Toymods
Toymods Special Events Coordinator

March 2003
icon6.gif  Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Wed, 12 May 2004 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm really looking forward to this event. For those who went to the last one, everyone had a great time scouring the Baulkham Hills area for garden gnomes, bird feathers and plenty of other insane items... this time will be no acception!
Between Stitt and myself, we've come up with some wild ideas, and we're still thinking of more.

Although the distance between the start and the finish isn't great... it will be an involved day as we cover some decent ground around the Homebush, Silverwater area!

The rally will be based on a points system, therefore the car/team with the most points at the end of the day will be the winners. Prizes will be up for grabs as well! (It doesn't matter how quickly you get through it, it's how acurate you are)

Hope to see a whole bunch of people there

Dav
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Wed, 12 May 2004 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd like to be there for the event, although I don't think I'd be participating. However, if I am there, I'd like to help out with the BBQ lunch if the services are needed. Me and my flatmate won this event last year, but only just. Very Happy I drove while my flatmate went to some extraordinary lengths to bag as many of the clues as possible. Rolling Eyes

Last year's event was a great day out, even though it was held while the 2003 Toyota National's were on. Basically it was a case of whoever couldn't come to Dubbo but wanted a fun day out, went on the Rally instead. Great event organisation too.

Theoretically the RAV would be in run-in mode still and I don't want to push her too hard, JUST yet. Wink

Cheers.
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Thu, 13 May 2004 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds awesome, definitely will be there. havent done one of these where ive actually driven before, only been a passenger. Smile

hopefully my pretty good knowledge of the Homebush/Newington area will come in handy hey. Laughing

later all, SS.
Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Fri, 14 May 2004 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds great hope to see you all there
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Mon, 17 May 2004 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
D'oh, you would have to make it that weekend! Mad

I'll be in sunny Qld at the next round of the ARC instead (and sourcing 4wd bits for my car Wink
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Thu, 20 May 2004 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I not sure how easy this will be for me,,, I mean with Harry in the back, but i willing to give it a go..... count us in Smile

That and this will be my last outing for a little while as i'll be sore and sorry for a few weeks as of the 8th/june Sad

[Updated on: Thu, 20 May 2004 01:17]

celicagrrlll
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Mon, 24 May 2004 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive been waiting for this one! Definitely comin. I Will be bringing some of my girls as well so you boys better watch out!!! Razz
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Thu, 27 May 2004 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry guys and girls should of incuded this in the original post. I have since edited it.

There will be a $5 entry fee per car on the day.

This was factored into the bring $10 along but I should of written it into the post.

Should be a great day there has been a lot of intrest that hasn't been posted on the forums so there should be a crowd.

Hope to see you there

Luke
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Sat, 29 May 2004 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me and Cass r coming how much fun will this b! c u all there Paul r u coming?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Sun, 30 May 2004 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celicagrrlll wrote on Mon, 24 May 2004 16:22

Ive been waiting for this one! Definitely comin. I Will be bringing some of my girls as well so you boys better watch out!!! Razz

Well i need a navigator, so feel free to bring more friends.

*NOTE: Do have Jesus bar installed.*

But yeah if anyone is car-less and wants to point fingers and yell and bitch in my general direction, then yeah i have a vacancy for a navigator.

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Tue, 01 June 2004 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i might be able to fill that position... but will add scattered comment and occasionally sleep to the equation....

.... i am going out ALL NIGHT saturday night, and will be rather "tired"
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Tue, 01 June 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i might be having some issue's for Sunday

Mum's car was written off last Night, I was hit from behind on Rockwood rd. I'm ok but the crown is dead.

My car may or may not be back on the road. It still hasn't got a gear box in it and the diff has to be rebuilt and a tailshaft has to be fabricated.

So to tow the toymods trailer around with bbq and supplies I have borrowed my best mate and his magna pending the wagon being finished.

So the rally will still be going a head just maybe toyota finest may not being towing the club trailer.

Luke TheStitt
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Tue, 01 June 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well thats not cool.

Glad to hear your alright, but another one bites the dust.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Tue, 01 June 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shit Stitt... Thats no good... Sorry to hear man... Glad to see that you're ok...
pannelvan_screema
Regular

November 2002
Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Wed, 02 June 2004 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Not the mighty CROWN. WHO DID THIS!!!!!

It was an accident......You have his address.......Lets get him!!!!!

Breath richard breath...
Did you get the fridge out the back?? I could try and fit in mine.

Well glad you are alright. And good luck with your crown

Sorry i cant make it on the day (I love my job Mad )
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Wed, 02 June 2004 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Everyone rest easy, its NOT THE WAGON that got written off, it was the blue sedan from the last dyno day.

[Updated on: Wed, 02 June 2004 06:13]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Wed, 02 June 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can borrow Pimp Boy if need be.

I've proved its capable of gross wieght over 1.6Tonne!!!

Nevertheless... im still trying to be there.
Biggles
Regular

June 2004
Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Wed, 02 June 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would have love to have done this, did 1 about 2 weeks ago with SydCruise and had a great time, but I can't make it to this cruise.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Fri, 04 June 2004 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there for sure - Can't wait! Smile
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Sat, 05 June 2004 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should be a great day if the weather holds up.

Just a reminder for everyone to bring some pinic chairs or a blanket for Lunch

C U all tommorrow
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Sat, 05 June 2004 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just off topic, Stitt, shrink your damn signature.
Bandit
Regular

May 2002
icon10.gif  Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Sun, 06 June 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool ALL HAIL KINGS STITT AND DAVE Cool
a great performance guys the day seemed to run like clock work...except for a couple of things....For those who missed this rally make sure you get to the next one....LOADS OF FUN !!!!!!!!!!! Oh the go to whoa with a cup of water on your roof brilliant idea
cheers
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
icon14.gif  Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Sun, 06 June 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile Hey dave, Smile
We both just wanted to say congrats on the awesome pack you put together for the treasure hunt today. They looked great and were really well organised. This was our first rally with the club and we had tons of fun and a great day. We won't lie the hard questions sucked but made the day heaps more interesting. Thanks and Congrats again.

Very Happy Stit, Very Happy
You put in heaps of effort and turned out an awesome day. Thanks heaps for all the great and easy questions. We had a great day and we always find that you bring something special to an outing with toy mods (in a good way).
Cassie and Craig
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Sun, 06 June 2004 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apparently "Danny loves goats"

Good times, id like to thank stitt, Dave and myself for making it such a tops day Wink

Congrats to the winners, next time a navigator should come in handy
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Sun, 06 June 2004 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave & Stitt - What can I say but excellent work! The day was long and tiring, but the BBQ at the end more than made up for it.. (Not to mention the fantastic wooden spoon I won!! Very Happy )

Thanks for putting in the hard work and getting the day so well planned out, it seemed like everyone had a really good time. Nod
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Mon, 07 June 2004 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now how much fun was that????
Even with the interuptions of feeds and bum changes we still managed to come in 2nd Shocked Shocked Shocked

Dave and Stitt.
Well done on a fantastic day, it was well organised and deffently a challenge,

Might I say tho, Next time I NOT doing it with Rod,hmmmm The bottles of Wine might come in handy to calm the tempers Mad

Nah really, we both had a great day and really enjoyed it,
Keep up the good work. Nod Nod Nod Heart
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Mon, 07 June 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good day guys. Tiring, but a lot of fun (apart from one small spin out). Sad

BTW, who won the day???
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Mon, 07 June 2004 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
total shame I couldn't come on the rally, but hey, nothing I could do.

Great to meet up for the BBQ and enjoyed the "Toad in a Hole" even if it was a bit crusty, lol, thanks Luke!

I think Danny soiled his pants, or maybe, they got soiled for him, and I heard rumours of sabotage attempts by Rod in a vain effort for 1st place....

Edit: edit

[Updated on: Mon, 07 June 2004 08:12]

TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Mon, 07 June 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

NO worries guys I'm Glad everyone had a great day. The aim was to make one that no one could really finish.

Dave and I put in alot of work and its great that it paid off.

Rob that is dam funny but maybe a little below the belt.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Mon, 07 June 2004 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey it was not meant in any serious way.... Smile we have all forgotten things before

hope no one took it the wrong way.. now if you did you have NO sense of humour Wink

yeah, I meant to say, Luke and Dave... amazing preparation.. amazing dudes Very Happy
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Mon, 07 June 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"throw this anywhere"
"anywhere? are you sure?"

Cool
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Mon, 07 June 2004 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ok....

1. I DO NOT like goats

2. I SO got the quickest go-to-whoa time

3. Rod is gay

4. BONUS POINTS!!! - we so should have won a prize for the most bonus points... granny underwear from woolworths and a well endowed cow from a sex shop is so worth 500 points
Mad

was an awesome day!! thanks heaps to dav and stitt!!

for those that missed it you HAVE to make the next one Smile

and I am so getting the most bonus points next time

Cool
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Mon, 07 June 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome Day guys. Hats off to Dav and Stitt for a great day and a big rap to Dav for the all time best presentation package of any Toymods Event.

To everyone who missed it, You missed a fantastic day. I do have a few comments and suggestions for next time tho.

1) Every entrant should receive a free relationship counselling session.

2) Danny is Ghay !

3) I got the tied fastest Go to Whoa time that counted Razz Razz Razz Razz

4) I am SOOOOOO doing the next one of these with Joe !

5) And I am sure Mr Potato head IS at Danny's house of Anal. I so got robbed of 20 Points !

6) Even when a guys girlfriend is there navigator, They still don't like being told where to go ! Rolling Eyes Refer point 1.

celicagrrlll
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Tue, 08 June 2004 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Dave and Stitt! Had a great time, even though all my girls decided not to come and I got stuck with Danny! Razz

Anyway, it was a great day and everyone who didn't come should seriously consider it next time. You'll have a blast (if you don't end up killing your driver/navigator). Smile
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Thu, 10 June 2004 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Couselling is a great idea!

The most stressful day of our relationship yet. Razz

Danny, you got the most entertaining go to whoa.
86twinky
Regular

November 2003
Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Wed, 30 June 2004 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Sun, 06 June 2004 19:58

Apparently "Danny loves goats"

you sure made an impression on everyone didn't you kylie Razz
DavGT4
Regular

I supported Toymods
Toymods Special Events Coordinator

March 2003
Re: Toymods OFFICIAL Car Rally/Treasure Hunt ---- 6th June Fri, 02 July 2004 01:00 Go to previous message
As the saying goes... better to be late than never!!
Appologies to everyone for not getting this done earlier...

This being the first rally for both Stitt and myself to organise, we didn't quite know how it was going to go... but looks as though we pulled it off. Learn't a few things on the day - like to not trust billboards to stay the same Embarassed

It's great to see everyone had an excellent time, and a big thanx to all for coming along and making it the successfull day that it was!

For all those interested, the results are as follows...
1st - Michael Wood/Bianca Wood (2655)
2nd - Rodney Try / Kirsty Shilling (2651)
3rd - Steve Healey / ??? (2487)
4th - Mark Brown / Charlie Wood (2320)
5th - Danny (Bonus Points) Kapustin / Kylie Eager (2170)
6th - Andrew Lincolne / Tracey Werner (1950)
7th - Craig Turner / Cassie Ford (1880)
8th - Glen Jones (1875) great solo effort!
9th - Paul Bridgement / Jesse Lay & Ralf (1730)

Go to woa with the cup of water (still with water in it) was tied with Rod (Crown MS65) and Mark (Echo) at 6.8 seconds although Danny did achieve the fastest time and definitley most entertaining at 3.9 seconds Laughing

Thanx again to everyone who came along... the next one will be even better - and, yes, I'll still be putting in some stupidly hard questions Very Happy
Hope to see plenty more Toymodders at the next one too....

Cheers,
Dav
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Dyno Day Entrants Thus Far
Next Topic:Melbourne Classic Celica Meet Friday 2nd July
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:28:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075318813323975 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.