Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
AW11 GZE vs 5L Commondore Wed, 12 May 2004 11:57 Go to next message
OK so Im cruising the other night in the Nevo'd AW11. Spotted a VP commodore up ahead. Cruised up behind it as there were traffic lights coming up. Oncoming set went orange, heartbeat began to rise.

On closer inspection it was a 5.0 litre. It had an exhaust job. I had never lined up a V8 up until now. So i was keen as mustard. Both sitting at the line looked over he was a typical commy driver. I gave him a little rev and a nod.

Lights went green, we both took of slow to 10 klms an hour (greasy road) and then we both nailed it. I hammered 1st gear, it was neck and neck. Then he started to drop back very slowly. His headlights dropped back to my passenger door then I smashed 2nd and we were hooking. By then his headlights were at my rear wheel. I shifted to third and I had a length on him.

We backed off then. He turned off into the next left corner. Hahahaha. God damn it felt good. I was beside myself with excitment for the next 30 minutes.

Go the toyotas!

[Updated on: Fri, 14 May 2004 06:00]

Send a private message to this user    
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: AW11 GZE vs Commondore Wed, 12 May 2004 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Wed, 12 May 2004 21:57

OK so Im cruising the other night in the Nevo'd AW11. Spotted a VP commodore up ahead. Cruised up behind it as there were traffic lights coming up. Oncoming set went orange, heartbeat began to rise.

On closer inspection it was a 5.0 litre. It had an exhaust job. I had never lined up a V8 up until now. So i was keen as mustard. Both sitting at the line looked over he was a typical commy driver. I gave him a little rev and a nod.

Lights went green, we both took of slow to 10 klms an hour (greasy road) and then we both nailed it. I hammered 1st gear, it was neck and neck. Then he started to drop back very slowly. His headlights dropped back to my passenger door then I smashed 2nd and we were hooking. By then his headlights were at my rear wheel. I shifted to third and I had a length on him.

We backed off then. He turned off into the next left corner. Hahahaha. God damn it felt good. I was beside myself with excitment for the next 30 minutes.

Go the toyotas!

yes defently UP THE TOYOTAS!!! Very Happy
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 GZE vs Commondore Wed, 12 May 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hah, its all good. One time i had the top off my mr2 and this gts commodore rocks up (older type, maybe vn), BYE BYE commo! the guy was very angry.
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 GZE vs Commondore Wed, 12 May 2004 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
comos suck!! u probably would have killed him by more if you could have launched it off the start!
good work
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 GZE vs Commondore Thu, 13 May 2004 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
had a run with my mates 'mildly worked' WRX. He had a length on me by third gear. He was quite suprised. Dammit I had a bit of wheelspin and tail movement off the line, he had 4wd goodness.

It was fun though.
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: AW11 GZE vs 5L Commondore Mon, 17 May 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Problem with those v8's is they got the balls at faster speeds. I got him to like 120 then he got me back after that.

I did exactly the same to a rex with 2 older men in it, had exhaust etc.
Off the line slowly before both slamming it.
Beat him and he took the next turn off haha
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AW11 GZE vs 5L Commondore Mon, 17 May 2004 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my 86 with 100kw 4age kept up with my friends r32gtst, i was quite pleased with that

he only had 1 and a half lengths on me at the top of 3rd Smile
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: AW11 GZE vs 5L Commondore Wed, 19 May 2004 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what mods to the r32...........go effort, your car hammers on cams, now start stripping that interior lol peace
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AW11 GZE vs 5L Commondore Thu, 20 May 2004 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
strip my interior? but its all mint! Laughing

r32 is stock..
serge
Regular

June 2002
Re: AW11 GZE vs 5L Commondore Mon, 24 May 2004 12:22 Go to previous message
My AE82 ZE stayed kneck & kneck with a VN 5.0 by the time we hit 4th i had half a car length on him and blu the pants off a r32. Good lil motor the S/C Very Happy Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGZE Sprinter vs. All comers
Next Topic:Got fined last night - $374!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 10:05:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068409442901611 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.