Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mkiii
Regular

August 2002
7mgte ecu remap Wed, 28 August 2002 09:29 Go to next message
Does anyone know if the standard 7mgte ecu is capable of handling a remap set for high boost....or is it just better to get a after market computer.
  Send a private message to this user    
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 7mgte ecu remap Wed, 28 August 2002 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you mean like this?

http://www.supras.com/~riemer/sonictech/techtom/
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7mgte ecu remap Wed, 28 August 2002 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've looked at the price and user friendliness of that gear and it sucks.

About $2000 plus you need to know how to work it all and still don't get to remove the afm.

Get an aftermarket one. I've got all the 7mgte ignition, fuel, triming maps for my 7mgte on my website. Take a look.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 7mgte ecu remap Thu, 29 August 2002 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in the process of putting Delco on mine (long process). All up, should cost about 2,500 and that is properly properly tuned (takes 3 days to tune properly).

After mine, I wanna try and make a kit for it. If you can wait about 2 months, I should have a kit for $2,500 able to run whatever boost your fuel system/turbo can take!
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: 7mgte ecu remap Thu, 29 August 2002 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete what are you doing with the dizzy? am doing same but with an old 2T motor.....
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 7mgte ecu remap Thu, 29 August 2002 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think we covered this in another thread, but the 7M doesn't have a dizzy, it has a Cam Angle Sensor. Dick is trying to work out a way to modify it to send the computer the right things.

Are the 2Ts similar to the 3Ts? He's an expert with a 3T
humble
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 7mgte ecu remap Fri, 30 August 2002 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkiii,

the 7M-GTE ECU can handle a remap (sort of) for high boost. The problem is that the existing map is limited to the a lower boost range, so a new map needs to be *programmed* in. The way to do this is to mount an external ROM (in an extension PCB) with modified program code and maps. This is a fair bit of work!

The link GT posted is the Canadian reseller for Techtom (www.techtom.co.jp) which makes such external ROM boards for major Japanese ECUs (www.technosquareinc.com is the US distributor). They have already done the hardwork for you. All you need is to get an extension ROM board from them pre-programmed to your specification. The price however is around the 2k mark I think (ROM board + tuning).

If you need to do tuning/modification yourself or locally, then an aftermarket ECU is the way to go because the option to allow end-user programming runs above ten thousand dollars with techtom gear.

Cheers

humble
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 7mgte ecu remap Fri, 30 August 2002 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete,

which version of the GM Delco ECU are you working with? As for the sensors and I/O, are they fairly compatible with Toyota stuff or you need a fair bit of signal preprocessing/conditioning?

Cheers
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 7mgte ecu remap Fri, 30 August 2002 06:27 Go to previous message
A couple of weekends ago I got all the wiring loom, sensors and computer out of a JE Camira. We're still not sure how many sensors can be used that are standard. I've been told that the exhaust temp sensor could be used (it wasn't plugged in in my car, is now, no difference) but we're yet to work out the rest of the sensors. I'm pretty sure the delco out of VS (?) commodores and onwards can be used.

Delco out of the camira cost me $150, and all the sensors had been changed 1 year ago! Bargain! The map sensor off the JE is capable up to 1 bar, so I'm gonna have to find a 2 bar one.

I've gotta hassle Dick a bit more, might be able to do the swap between jobs as I'm going to ask for a week off (drive to work). And thats in about a month.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:20V 4AGE AE86 conversion HELP,please!!....
Next Topic:1j or 1g....that is the question...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 08:51:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053818225860596 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.