Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Koni Yellows vs Tokico HTS 102s

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: Koni Yellows vs Tokico HTS 102s Sun, 11 September 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was looking to spend around $1000 for the shocks
  Send a private message to this user    
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Koni Yellows vs Tokico HTS 102s Sun, 11 September 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Then you have a lot more money than brains.
.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: Koni Yellows vs Tokico HTS 102s Sun, 11 September 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$1000 is still alot of moeny for me, i was expecting shock front and rear, not jsut front. and yes i dont know much about suspention or cars for that matter, thats y i ask for help. but i usualy dont get it..
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Koni Yellows vs Tokico HTS 102s Sun, 11 September 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is because you dont do any research yourself.
Moral of this story.
Do your homework kiddies.
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: Koni Yellows vs Tokico HTS 102s Sun, 11 September 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and don't always trust what people say on forums...

as alot of it is bullshit (what, it is Razz ) everyone talks shit every now and again...

i could say pedders are teh best shocks in the world...but they aren't...

make your on choices, use other people's words as handy hints, not as a complete guide.
.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: Koni Yellows vs Tokico HTS 102s Sun, 11 September 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i did do some research, and the Majority of ppl said to get the ths 102's but they are no longer made, so now im in a delemer.

[Updated on: Sun, 11 September 2005 09:49]

Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Koni Yellows vs Tokico HTS 102s Thu, 03 November 2005 12:59 Go to previous message
If anyone has actualy got some shocks, of any brand, can they please give us the part numbers or some info about how they are looked up. Because most of us want short stroke shocks, maybe with a cut down strut tube, to keep the front and rear springs captive. So to do this you don't just order Monroe Shocks for AE86, because they will still be long ones.

eg, I have used Monroe front shocks, for ST162 Celica, Part # 25-0341. These are good for a cut down strut. They will be ok for a 325lb spring I have found, but are not good enough for a 375lb spring.

The shocks I order for the rear will probably be to suit Commodore wagon. I have used Koni RED and I find them good, because I don't have to have them on the stiffest setting to work. They are on my old leaf spring beast now (springs too stiff) and the shocks still work ok.

If you only have 5kg or less springs on the back of a AE86, any cheap brand of shock will almost do I have found, for street and casual drift duties. Front shocks are more critical as the spring rates are often higher.
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:tighter steering
Next Topic:How do you get a snapped bolt out of the head?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 16:25:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065569877624512 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.