Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

icon9.gif  Crashed the sprinter today Mon, 17 May 2004 11:27 Go to next message
Went for a slide today, and paid for it... Sad

it was wet, i had it hanging, then it came back and understeered, hit the gutter about 25kmh, pretty hammered wheel and front right section

i dont have webspace for pictures, but if anyone wants them ill email, so if anyone here is good with bodies, plz give me ur opinon.

hope this is repairable, i love this car and i want it back on the road asap!!

no more mods for ages now... Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

now excuse me while i crawl into the corner and beat myself with a stick..
  Send a private message to this user    
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Crashed the sprinter today Mon, 17 May 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude thats not cool Crying or Very Sad sorry to hear about that hopefully it will be repairable Smile and you can slide around again (hopefully nothing gets in ya way this time Evil or Very Mad) joking! na hope it fixable Smile
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Crashed the sprinter today Mon, 17 May 2004 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats unlucky dude...rnt u the guy who got pulled over by the cops for not seeing a no u turn sign? while boosting down the road? if so...cops one...u zero...unlucky mate...
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Crashed the sprinter today Mon, 17 May 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh that is me

spewin, hey

so now i got 2 fines and busted car, im not happy chappy atm, im more like stabby myselfy if u know what i mean... Crying or Very Sad

man i got such bad luck, every 6 months something shit happens, i wonder how much longer its gonna go on for
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Crashed the sprinter today Mon, 17 May 2004 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah its amazing mate how bad luck comes in a big heap Smile but you never know as I say Life is like a heap of highways,freeways and shitty roads you never know whats around the corner on the shitty road but it might lead to a good long highway of good luck Smile (sounds stupied huh?) just my positive outlook on life though I have a lot of bad luck at times as well Sad sucks hey
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Crashed the sprinter today Tue, 18 May 2004 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah ... well, we all learn ...

Even I've had my own hairy experiences in the wet but was fortunate not to hit parked cars nearby. Certainly had me shaking a bit but I'm over it now. Smile

Whenever it's wet and there be corners, I'll be ready for a bit of oversteer ... all part of driving a RWD ... Rolling Eyes
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Crashed the sprinter today Tue, 18 May 2004 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I haven't smashed a car yet (I don't wan't to though) but I can say that I've learnt my lession with me old trusty WB Holden ute I had it was wet came out of a sidestreet with bald tyres Shocked (stupid) whilst turning right bit of overstreer back wheels no traction didn't really give it much and near hit this woman in a Toyota Starlet she didn't look to Impreessed I decided then its time to get new tyres I have had a few scarry experiences in both the rear wheel drive holden and the front wheel drive toyota but you learn from yor mistakes Smile
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Crashed the sprinter today Wed, 19 May 2004 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had similar situation from counter stering in the wet, i did this on a long and wide corner, while counter stering the 86 was still heading straight into someones frontward Sad ,luckly the handbrake was working, suddently the car kicket the other way hard, this was when i thought the 2lsd i had was something like a torsen lsd Laughing in the wet, never again, its got to do with your front tyres, i almost learned this the hard way
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Crashed the sprinter today Wed, 19 May 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
always buy good front tyres in wet and dry
thats my rule.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Crashed the sprinter today Thu, 20 May 2004 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i went and got some quotes yesterday...

about $800-$1000 to get it straightened, plus parts which include

maybe a new strut, with stub axle
lower control arm
radius rod
front radius rod bracket
front cross member
lower radiator support

what can i say? im cheering Laughing

i was thinking it was gonna cost $2000-$3000, so im v happy.

the guy is also going to strengthen the chassis, so next time i crash (hopefully not too soon) the control arms will bend but not the chassis!

booked in for next week, but it means my car cant come to the sprinter cruise.. Sad
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Crashed the sprinter today Sat, 22 May 2004 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well there ya go mate some good news there! Smile don't worry about missing the sprinter crusie there will more than likely be another one Smile happy to hear the car is fixable
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: Crashed the sprinter today Sat, 22 May 2004 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good one arch Rolling Eyes
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Crashed the sprinter today Sat, 22 May 2004 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah shuttup why Razz

in 2 weeks my baby will be good as new and stronger than ever!

its only set me back 1 month, no biggy really
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: Crashed the sprinter today Sat, 22 May 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i havn't had any crashes yet... but i've come close 3 or 4 times... thanks to the sprinters quick handling and reactions... i've avoided rear ending three cars =/

lucky no one was behind me or beside me at those times Shocked
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Crashed the sprinter today Sun, 30 May 2004 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok ppl my car is at the repairers now, it will be fixed by thursday.

just to clear up some confusion, ive had a few ppl pm me for parts, nothing is for sale, car is all good ok.

so back off u vultures Wink Very Happy
Henno
Regular

May 2004
Re: Crashed the sprinter today Sun, 30 May 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good to hear its gonna be ok
dimsum
Regular

May 2004
Re: Crashed the sprinter today Sun, 30 May 2004 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats good to hear. still $800 is alot...right?
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Crashed the sprinter today Sun, 30 May 2004 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well that depends on what u earn doesnt it?

and also how much u love ur car..
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Crashed the sprinter today Tue, 01 June 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well got my car back tonight,, all i can say is that im NOT happy...

they scratched my guard in 2 places, bad scratches too. the guard has been bent also, making it almost touch the bonnet, also the bonnet hadnt been realigned..

ffs.. im gonna complain about it and get them to straighten the panels and spray the guard, at least i have pictures to prove that the scratches werent there beforehand.

man why cant it just be perfect?!! LOL
8t6panda
Regular

May 2004
Re: Crashed the sprinter today Tue, 01 June 2004 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know wat ur going thru arch i had a bit of a drift accident as well and i know how it feels when your car is mangled.i crashed my trueno's front left side and it ended up costing me about $800 including two of the lights,and axel. which i thought was quite cheap constidering the avaliabilty of parts.
but i still havnt learnt my leason.

anyways hope your car comes out spicko
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Crashed the sprinter today Sat, 05 June 2004 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got my watanabe back today - fkn perfect!

id want it to be though, for $175 ffs Rolling Eyes
Isometric_Bacon
Regular

May 2003
Re: Crashed the sprinter today Sat, 05 June 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Arch, you the same dude from that initial D forum a few years back? I recognize the avatar and name. If so, remember me? names Kyal and I drove the red/black AW11 ya saw on the way to the JMS drift day.

I've gotten a new car since then, (5sp AW11 with extractors + other mods), pics in the avatar. (meanin to take some better ones sometime though).

Anyway, that sucks to year about your car man. Put it this way, at least it's not a write off I guess.

PS. what sort of Sprinter you got? 4AG? colour/plates?
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Crashed the sprinter today Sat, 05 June 2004 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dude

yeh thats me, i sent u a pm, but that was b4 reading this msg

my sprinter is all white, colour coded bumpers etc. 15" watanabe wheels, black inner with polished outer, and a cannon muffler, apart from that teh body is stock.

i work at dick smith electronics on main north road, so if ur ever in the area, drop past Wink

my # is 0401 337 020, give me a call if u ever wanna go for a hills run, prolly with some other 86s too.

btw what colour is your new one? (ur avatar pic isnt there)
Isometric_Bacon
Regular

May 2003
Re: Crashed the sprinter today Sun, 06 June 2004 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man, your car sounds great. I'd love to see it sometime. Very Happy

My car is completely red, (not two tone like my old one) we also got a new white 5sp 4AGZ that we plan to do up, making a total of 4 AW11's we own now. Razz

As for the cruise, well we might join up with the toymods cruise on the 27th, as our MR2 Club is having a event on the same day. I'd love to see all the people's cars around here Very Happy
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Crashed the sprinter today Sun, 06 June 2004 03:17 Go to previous message
whoa 4 aw11s!! awesome!

its good that uve got a 5 spd now, really comes in handy im sure uve found, especially in the hills (sometimes though the tough twisties ive got 2nd gear over 6500rpm for ages!! cant do that in an auto Very Happy )
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Worst luck ever? Car broke down 2 hours after purchase..
Next Topic:ae92 vs 91(?) excel
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:28:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059430599212646 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.