Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » The Showdown..... (2) 2 Vote(s)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
icon5.gif  The Showdown..... Wed, 26 May 2004 02:40 Go to next message

who's gonna kick but[ 31 vote(s) ]
1.N.S.W 26 / 84%
2.Queensland 5 / 16%

And what do you think about all the Cr*p the players have been up to? And do you think it's fair that all those players got sacked from playing? Rolling Eyes

Send a private message to this user    
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The Showdown..... Wed, 26 May 2004 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes boot them off, never let them play again.

I dont particularly like the game, but do watch the bigger games at the club, just for the atmosphere Razz

Little kids look up to these guys and look at what they go and do. Then blame it on something ie alcohol and this last guy, ADHD... Fucking idiots.

/end rant
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: The Showdown..... Wed, 26 May 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What ever happened to "What happens on tour, stays on tour".

I recon its the MEDIA's fault. If they didn't say "look at what this person is doing" then no-one would know.

Whats worse?

1. A footballer leaving a bad message on someone elses phone and theres 2 people that know about it.

2. A footballer leaving a bad message on someone elses phone, it goes through all the TV news and news papers, the footballer gets kicked out of the team and is BRANDED someone that leavs a bad phone message.

The only way that the kids would know something bad about their role models is when the MEDIA tells them. If they're going to be role models then the media should portray them in a good light. When was the last time you saw on the news "The footballer Mr x today went around to all the children's wards and had a chat to all the kids to keep their spirits up"?

/end rant
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: The Showdown..... Wed, 26 May 2004 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put me down for option 3 I don't care.

I believe that the propaganda machine is working hard, no one was even talking about the dam things that they were doing until the timing was right for it to have the best impact. Do u really believe that this is the first time that some players have made phone calls to females like that, no its not. Its just the ppl have lost interest in the game and therefore they have to come up with new ways to make the sport interesting. But the sport is still as boring as ever, but now there is some scandal to talk about while having no relevance to the game, only to the players that play the game.

Well thats what i think anyway.
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The Showdown..... Wed, 26 May 2004 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its not good for the media to show those sorts of stories, the ratings come from bad horrible shit.

Look if they wanna be Mr Supastar football player, act responsibly. Its sucks that if they fuck up once then thats it, but thats the life they chose!! You cant have it all!

The last guy is just a bloody retard, especially after the last shit fight, you would have second thoughts of doing stupid idiotic childish shit like that! They have no fucking brains, its all been belted out of their heads playing that stupid game!
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: The Showdown..... Wed, 26 May 2004 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who cares what they do in PRIVATE, like warney in his own hotel room.

They're responsible whenever they're on tv or in the publics eye.

Its crossing days of our lives with football. Stupid. They're aiming at the wrong market.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: The Showdown..... Wed, 26 May 2004 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What Willie mason did - signing the wrong name on a kids jersey - is a seriously low act.

This poor kid idolises the guy and he goes and does shit like that. I don't care how good a footballer he is, what he did was scum and should be sacked.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: The Showdown..... Wed, 26 May 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
willie mason ranks a "0" on my respect-o-meter right now
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: The Showdown..... Wed, 26 May 2004 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Squid wrote on Wed, 26 May 2004 14:42

What Willie mason did - signing the wrong name on a kids jersey - is a seriously low act.

This poor kid idolises the guy and he goes and does shit like that. I don't care how good a footballer he is, what he did was scum and should be sacked.

That is MEGA slack Crying or Very Sad Mad D**khead.. what kind of people do they think they are? I remember when I was in primary school and the football guys would come around and promote football we never heard anything bad about these guys 1. because they wern't on tv like they are now
2.what was done when they were out stayed out....of the public
3 the damm media has nothing else to do
blah blah blah.....,,

anyways I agree with HKSpete that they should be portraying the football guys that go to the schools and hospitals etc and promote a healthy look at football........

/endrant
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The Showdown..... Wed, 26 May 2004 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate, if I can pull a threesome, or if I think that there is a remote chance (because I am drunk or whatever), I am probably gonna give it some serious go.

In the current political political position that football is in, then it was a stupid thing to do (and stupidity and alcohol are often hand in hand).

These guys are the super stars of the game - media may be a problem (I fucking hate them all), but most of all it is the biggotted attitudes that society encourages and breeds. In real life, super stars should be able to have all of the human defects.

"let he who is without sin cast the first stone".
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: The Showdown..... Wed, 26 May 2004 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was born in Queensland lived in Queensland all my life so who do you think I'll go forGO THE BLUES!!!!!!!! Very Happy I'm a traitor and proud of it! Twisted Evil
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The Showdown..... Wed, 26 May 2004 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Wed, 26 May 2004 18:53

GO THE BLUES!!!!!!!!

Very Happy
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: The Showdown..... Wed, 26 May 2004 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Wed, 26 May 2004 14:53

willie mason ranks a "0" on my respect-o-meter right now

I completely agree, i have no respect for this bloke & i'm glad he got a massive booo! when he can on the field!

Quote:

Squid not having a shot at you man but willie mason is a pea heart! He's one of the most over rated footballers in the game! Theres no way he should be rated as a good footballer, he's a tool box! Mad Mad Mad

/rant

Cheers,

Michael
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: The Showdown..... Thu, 27 May 2004 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conquest wrote on Thu, 27 May 2004 00:15

GO THE BLUES!!!!!!!!

Very Happy

blues won YEAH
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: The Showdown..... Thu, 27 May 2004 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah be great if the win the origin series this year I hope they flog Queensland by 40 points next game! Very Happy Sorry Queensland supporters I have put up with Queensland this and Queensland that and from the age of about 6 or 7 (1990-1991) have always gone for the Blues!!! Very Happy

Oh and I'm not fussed on the Brisbane Broncos either for the same reasons I mentioned above Smile
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: The Showdown..... Thu, 27 May 2004 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think its a load of shit they got sacked...it was a bloody lame harmless message...there was no assault or anything illegal about it! I mean, christ...whats next? A player talking to a girl in a club getting sued for sexual harassment, and being sacked from a rep game? Rolling Eyes

Build a bridge....GET OVER IT

[Updated on: Thu, 27 May 2004 10:36]

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: The Showdown..... Thu, 27 May 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Thu, 27 May 2004 20:35

i think its a load of shit they got sacked...it was a bloody lame harmless message...there was no assault or anything illegal about it! I mean, christ...whats next? A player talking to a girl in a club getting sued for sexual harassment, and being sacked from a rep game? Rolling Eyes

yeah it is pretty fucked, I mean normal people do the same thing every day
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: The Showdown..... Thu, 27 May 2004 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And it wasnt that bad for christ sake! It didnt say..hey..wanna fuck?

"where the fuck are you...have a few toey guys here in the cab...wanna know what you're doing" (something like that)

LOAD OF SHIT. unjustified punishment.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: The Showdown..... Thu, 27 May 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's been blown way put of proportion mainly because of media and people who say it's bad this and bad that seriously these people can't tell me they haven't done anything bad in there life everyone does something that in someone else's mine is bad I think it should of never got to this stage personally wether there in the "PUBLIC'S EYE" or not!
fub_
Regular

March 2004
Re: The Showdown..... Thu, 27 May 2004 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
um.. i think NSW will win 8-9
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: The Showdown..... Thu, 27 May 2004 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fub_ wrote on Thu, 27 May 2004 21:32

um.. i think NSW will win 8-9

yes they did in game1 but what about game2? how do you think they'll go in game2 can they wrap the series in game2? I bloody hope so!
fub_
Regular

March 2004
Re: The Showdown..... Thu, 27 May 2004 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

GAME 2 who will win??[ 8 vote(s) ]
1.NSW 7 / 88%
2.QLD 1 / 13%

roughly same results i reakon but QLd will come out on top for game 2

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: The Showdown..... Thu, 27 May 2004 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I said it before and I'll say it again!

I was born in Queensland lived in Queensland all my life so who do you think I'll go forGO THE BLUES!!!!!!!! Very Happy I'm a traitor and proud of it! Twisted Evil

rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The Showdown..... Thu, 27 May 2004 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Thu, 27 May 2004 20:45

And it wasnt that bad for christ sake! It didnt say..hey..wanna fuck?

"where the fuck are you...have a few toey guys here in the cab...wanna know what you're doing" (something like that)

LOAD OF SHIT. unjustified punishment.

It was way worse than that, I heard the full thing (censored) and it is way worse than what is usually played on the radio and tv.
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Sorry I had to :) Thu, 27 May 2004 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing
http://home.iprimus.com.au/exile/NRL_movie.jpg
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: The Showdown..... Fri, 28 May 2004 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: The Showdown..... Sat, 29 May 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing thats cool Very Happy
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: The Showdown..... Wed, 02 June 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

should willie mason be allowed to take his meds?[ 5 vote(s) ]
1.yes 3 / 60%
2.no 2 / 40%

do u think that willie mason should be allowed to take his medication? for adhd?
I think that it would probaly make him slower and less able to play... so he should be able to.........

UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: The Showdown..... Wed, 02 June 2004 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I think he should be kicked the fu(k out of rugby league!

Cheers,
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: The Showdown..... Fri, 04 June 2004 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how can we all go winging about willie mason? seriously? I'm not saying what he did was a good thing but he's a good foot-ball player I'd rather have a player on a side with skill them a nice polite player. its skill, knowledge and team work that wins games.Skill he's got and Knowledge he would defently have. I'm not going to explain team work but I think he should be alowed to play on medication for his condition and yes it would make him slower
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: The Showdown..... Sun, 06 June 2004 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ofcourse he should have the right to take his medication... Whether or not he takes it is up to him... He said on an interview that "I like the way that i am now" and that he's been fine without alcohol aswell...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The Showdown..... Sun, 06 June 2004 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah - they're all meatheads.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: The Showdown..... Mon, 07 June 2004 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Sun, 06 June 2004 22:28

bah - they're all meatheads.

for the most part i couldnt agree more
i'm sure they arent all meat heads
but most people i know who get paid to play rugby league(all in the minor grades) could make a wall look intellegant
"daaaahhh i like footy and XXXX gold"
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The Showdown..... Mon, 07 June 2004 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not going to pretend i know much about football as i really couldn't give two shits but come on, These guys get paid an absolute fortune to do what they do and part of their job is to be there for the fans/sign jersey's/be role models for the kids etc...etc.
Whether the media is to blame or not, some (not all) of these players are acting like a bunch of absolute fuckwits!
They should be held accountable for their actions!

Weather these guys like it or not they come across as uneducated wankers. Look at willie, he got fined 41k so far. Do you think he cares??? NO! cause he gets paid enough to cover it.

All i have to say is its bullshit how they can continually get away with all the shit they do.

Mad

I'm done now Laughing
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: The Showdown..... Mon, 07 June 2004 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Mon, 07 June 2004 20:35

I'm not going to pretend i know much about football as i really couldn't give two shits but come on, These guys get paid an absolute fortune to do what they do and part of their job is to be there for the fans/sign jersey's/be role models for the kids etc...etc.
Whether the media is to blame or not, some (not all) of these players are acting like a bunch of absolute fuckwits!
They should be held accountable for their actions!

Weather these guys like it or not they come across as uneducated wankers. Look at willie, he got fined 41k so far. Do you think he cares??? NO! cause he gets paid enough to cover it.

All i have to say is its bullshit how they can continually get away with all the shit they do.

Mad

I'm done now Laughing

True but the media blows stuff way out of proportion alot of shit normal everyday people do DOESN'T MAKE NEWS when they do something IT DOES,who really cares what they do other people do stupid stuff and it hardly ever makes news as for the comment about uneducated wankers are you suggesting people who are uneducated are wankers? I don't think they are as its the only way i can accept myself for my failures. I wen't to year 12 at high school fucked about should of done alot better if I didn't fuck around as much as i did and because of it I have to be a fucking Labourer for the rest of my life. Thats why I consider myself uneducated I have made lots of mistakes in my short 20 years but i learn from them after awhile i think they would have 2, you can say people like me are a bunch of wankers but i could proablly name a few educated wankers as well!
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The Showdown..... Mon, 07 June 2004 20:57 Go to previous message
Valid point.

But like any person who is in the public eye you really have to be careful of what you do. It's part of the job.
Perfect example is Arnie. He did heaps of stuff before he ran for his job as mayor but now he and his family have to be a little more careful of how they go about things.

Its one of those things you have to deal with as a star. These footy players are only damaging their own reputations by doing all this stuff. Also, their families are mad to look bad to.

Do you think that Willies mum wants to be on the front page of the paper trying to explain why her son is a dickhead? She is probably wishing it all never happened. Now people will look at her funny the next time her son does something stupid.

Thats why i said they come across as uneducated. They just dont think!!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:one for the ladies!
Next Topic:GT4 Prologue Q
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:06:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0086319446563721 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.