F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » techin' the g's

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic

techin' the g's Sat, 31 August 2002 23:06 Go to next message
Met last night with Bigworm and Whitegze to make sure the little black box was still working.

Everyone had a good night, each bettered thier personal best.

Bigworm screwed an 8.85 0-100 ,though he only remembered to check it on 1 run !!! followed by a series of mid to low 16 sec attempts for the 1/4. Culminating in a best of 16.28@143.
Paul (Lucid), mate you're gunna have to have another go to regain the title.

Whitegze made a few spritely passes, 7.1 0-100, and 15.3@?.
Quite quick, and that was with my 90+kg carcas to haul around as well.

Luke your rebuild had better be good !! I managed a number of passes of less than 5.45 0-100, the best being 5.32 (with my GF in the car).
Best 1/4 was 13.60, again 2 up.

Fun Fun Fun
Thanks Boys.

Matt

whiteGZE
Regular

May 2002

Re: techin' the g's Sun, 01 September 2002 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That was great having such a nice straight piece of road pretty much all to ourselves. Well there were a couple others getting up to some rather interesting recreational activities on the side of the road... but they weren't going to bother us. Rolling Eyes

I was suprised with my times, its the first indication I have got of the car's abilities after missing the dyno. Matt I reckon your weight helped that front left tyre to grip that little bit extra. Usually it spins like crazy.
But your car is a beast! Must feel like your getting hit by a truck when you grab second.

Bigworm's car is going nicely, he showed a p-plater in a series 1/2 rx7 how its done hehehe Pity that z3 didn't want to play!

Cheers fellas

Send a private message to this user    
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: techin' the g's Sun, 01 September 2002 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet work Bigworm, man u sure do have a bit more power now then. By my hand timing I get like 8.7 so I reckon we could be close Nod
can't wait for a run hehe

at moment its 2-0 to the sprinter hehe
things sound like it could be different next time.
MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
Re: techin' the g's Sun, 01 September 2002 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn, i missed out Cry
Let me know when u next go pls Wink
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: techin' the g's Sun, 01 September 2002 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oooh.. Sounds like a fun night! Grin

And as for reclaiming the title... BigWorm had better watch out. I've got a couple of different plans on the back-burner, and either way it'll mean:
Celica http://board.performanceforums.com/forums/images/smilies/owned.gif

http://board.performanceforums.com/forums/images/smilies/bowdown.gif Corolla

Evil or Very Mad

I'll just have to wait and see. Wink
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: techin' the g's Mon, 02 September 2002 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spewing i missed it...

I want another go now! Smile

Hey matt, what ya doin tonight Razz

I'm with Matt(mangew) definently let us know when the next is on ! Smile Very Happy
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: techin' the g's Mon, 02 September 2002 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just reread my last msg, didnt make too much sense, too many matts Razz
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: techin' the g's Mon, 02 September 2002 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be keen to tech my G's when I run the motor in a bit...

Paul, where did you get those smilies??? That 'bow down' is wicked...
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: techin' the g's Mon, 02 September 2002 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy That was a fun night, can't wait 'till the next time.

I had a bit of fun on the way home, lost it coming round a sharpish left hander. I started to understeer, backed off & turned in harder which caused the ass to whip out, then back the other way, and I managed to catch it after a few fishies. I gotta do some advanced driving course one of these days.

Hey ribbo, wanna go for a cruise one night this week? thurs, fri, sat & sun I don't finish till 12 though....

Hey Paul, name a time & a place, & bring your little red 'rolla, with your "sportivo" rica-rims ( Razz ) and make sure you bring a cushion to sit on, you'll need it after the ass whooping I give you! hehehe Twisted Evil

I'll be keen to give it another try with a bit of weight removed.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: techin' the g's Mon, 02 September 2002 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ROFL... I have no doubt you'll probably kick my ass with my car in it's current state Joel, but I've never let that stop me from having a bit of fun. Evil or Very Mad

That said, I could be up for a bit of late night fun on Friday perhaps. I'll be finishing work at 11, so should be able to come out and play. Very Happy

btw Ben - there's a wide assortment of smilies at http://www.mysmilies.com

[Updated on: Mon, 02 September 2002 10:13]

BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: techin' the g's Mon, 02 September 2002 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be keen to meet up about 12:30 friday night. Where do you wanna go, where should we meet?

Hey ribbo, what are you doing friday night?
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: techin' the g's Mon, 02 September 2002 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm not sure what im upto on friday at this stage.
Let me know if u decide to go, but I may have something else on.

hehe bigworm u just need to get out more on some late wet nights Smile

u got that handset working for the microtech yet?
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: techin' the g's Mon, 02 September 2002 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet... Thanks Paul...
MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
Re: techin' the g's Mon, 02 September 2002 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll be there fri nite
c u ther Lucid and Bigworm Nod
You both have my no. to get in touch.

[Updated on: Mon, 02 September 2002 13:32]

rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: techin' the g's Tue, 03 September 2002 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grrr! I'll have to give it a miss this weekend unfortunantly boys! Sad

Goin away with some friend to the Blue Mtns for the weekend.. Should be fun! Smile
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: techin' the g's Wed, 04 September 2002 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might have to bring out my celica soon....

see if the corrolas can keep up.... i don't plan on bowing down to anyone.... including you matt! (might need an lsd though.... or a tow truck....)

Stew
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: techin' the g's Wed, 04 September 2002 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, so if anyone's keen Lucid & I will be meeting up at the old control tower 'round the back of the airport. It's just off General Holmes drv, right at the new M5 intersection. It's a bit tricky to get too, and I havn't seen it since they've joined up the M5, but we'll be on the beach side.

Once we've met up we'll be heading south and and doing a nice drive through the nasho. Anyone keen, be there at about 12 midnight this friday night.
Bring your CBs.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: techin' the g's Wed, 04 September 2002 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep - definitely looks a bit tricky to get to.. I took a drive that way the other night coming home from work, and I think I missed the entrance to the carpark altogether! Laughing Embarassed I just remember looking over to my left and seeing a carpark, and having no idea where to turn in.. before i knew it, I was half way to Brighton!! Laughing
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: techin' the g's Wed, 04 September 2002 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What time do you think it would go to??? I'd like to see a bit of action... Luke in the Festiva wants to go to see how slow he can go hehehe hehehe hehehe ...
MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
Re: techin' the g's Fri, 06 September 2002 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those who are not familiar with the area. I can lead the way.
Rolling Eyes i hope.
So far we got Bigworm, Lucid, Mikey, Mangew(me), xfader, Julz
and a few indecisive ppl (Ribbo, Pranky, Bounty, whitegze)
weather should be clear by this evening according to the forecasts.
Its post midnite anyways
Quote:

OK, so if anyone's keen Lucid & I will be meeting up at the old control tower 'round the back of the airport. It's just off General Holmes drv, right at the new M5 intersection. It's a bit tricky to get too, and I havn't seen it since they've joined up the M5, but we'll be on the beach side.

Once we've met up we'll be heading south and and doing a nice drive through the nasho. Anyone keen, be there at about 12 midnight this friday night.
Bring your CBs.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 September 2002 00:35]

BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: techin' the g's Fri, 06 September 2002 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be leaving for work soon, so if anyone needs to contact me between now & tonight, call me on 0403 441 141.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: techin' the g's Fri, 06 September 2002 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
w00t!! pretty awesome night! Very Happy

And it was good to see....
Celica - http://board.performanceforums.com/forums/images/smilies/owned.gif

http://board.performanceforums.com/forums/images/smilies/bowdown.gif - Corolla!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

hahahah..

The nasho went off as always - and it was good to see there were NO incidents this time!! Cool Found a couple of nice spots for some photos throughout the night, and will be posting them shortly.

btw - Matt (WhiteGZE) I hope you got home OK and those dodgy bogans in the commodore didn't keep hassling you along the way mate!

[Updated on: Fri, 06 September 2002 17:47]

BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: techin' the g's Fri, 06 September 2002 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hah, owned my ass! Your nose was only infront by a beesdick! Twisted Evil

Well, it was a good night, the nasho wasn't quite what I expected, it doesn't even come close to the old pac, but it was still a bit of fun (note to self: bring kidney belt next time).

I can't wait to see these photos, I think it's gonna be new avatar time.....
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: techin' the g's Fri, 06 September 2002 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm uploading mine as I speak (or type.. it's late ok? leave me alone!!! Laughing ) - The photos at Stanwell Tops were ratshit so i left 'em out. I can't believe my camera battery ran out just as we were starting to line the cars up for the single shots. I think the one Matt took of your car Joel is going to look awesome! Cool

By the way - that angled shot i got from the top of the bridge didn't look too bad after all!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

OK - Pictures are up at http://www.luc1d.net/cruises/070902 The shots are fairly large, and there was a fair amount of camera shake in the first two. Embarassed

[Updated on: Fri, 06 September 2002 18:16]

BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: techin' the g's Fri, 06 September 2002 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whoah! Those shots are unreal!

The shot of the group taken on the angle looks good with the stars above, and the last one is beutiful. The detail of the rocks at the bottom, and just all the colour.....

Hey matt, hurry up with your's!
whiteGZE
Regular

May 2002

Re: techin' the g's Fri, 06 September 2002 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice work Paul, those photos look awesome!

Unfortunately most of mine turned out crap, until you showed me how to actually use my camera. I only have this free site for hosting pics, maybe I'll have to email them. Here is one for you Bigworm, I can email it to you in much higher resolution.

I managed to line up the bogans at a set of lights. I look over at them... they all look at me... light goes green... screech!!.. see you later. Of course the driver chases me after I back off, but this time the passenger is out the window with the thumbs up, so it was all good! Cool

Good cruise fellas.

http://img2.ranchoweb.com/images/whitegze/clkwrk.jpg
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: techin' the g's Fri, 06 September 2002 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats a great pic...
not a bad lookin car either!

Joel, you need to hurry up and get that turbo sorted and stop letting the celica name be down trodden by a corrola...

Cheers
Stew
MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
Re: techin' the g's Sat, 07 September 2002 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Up the corolla's!
But i think something is wrong with mine? Crying or Very Sad
I dont think im pulling same power as Lucid or Bigworm.
Maybe its my g/box. Crunches on changes.
No advantage of the quick shifter in that case eh.

Toyo3T: let me know when u gonna do another g-tech run. Coz i'd like to find out what times im getting. Have to fix my CV boot first though Shocked

Lucid: Awesome pics. yeah that spot, we will definately need to revisit. Man i need to keep up with the Jones' and get a digital cam. Smile Impressive driving mate. Drags was good. I was disadvantaged having a passenger Razz

WhiteGZE: Thanks for coming mate. That pic of clkwrk is superb! need to do some more. Very Happy
Good to see you showed those bogans in the fully sik bommydore shagin wagon a thing or two. Oh yeh and the SSS. Cant forget that. Reving exhaust? who me? Rolling Eyes

Julz: too bad u had to leave half-way thru. Would of been good for photo opportunities.

Bounty: Too bad u couldnt join us for photos. Next time bud. Wash ure bloody car! Twisted Evil Ready for round 2?

Bigworm: nice little drag on the way home Smile Top nite. Where was that silvia? in my rear vision mirror.

Pranky: Thanks for coming mate. Hope u enjoyed it.

Bounty
Regular

May 2002

Re: techin' the g's Sat, 07 September 2002 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah sorry I missed out I went to the first meeting place no one was there then I couldnt find yas after that. Well I had a bit of fun crusing the city prior to that and geting blood on my car Rolling Eyes Bit of a pub brawl at bondi some kid got punched landed against my car fell then got kicked in the head hence the blood on my car then more ppl get into it and all Razz pretty big fight happening to bad they were all sissy hits coz they where all half drunk but bit of action none the less. Ill have to catch up with yas on the next one.
Im always crusing friday nights ne ways. Smile
Bounty
Regular

May 2002

Re: techin' the g's Sat, 07 September 2002 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah forgot to mention when I was looking for yas around brighton
a SSS decides to line me up at the lights how convienient it was turbo to to my suprise since ive never seen a turbo SSS before yeah I ate her of course probably y the car was for sale aswell Very Happy
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: techin' the g's Sat, 07 September 2002 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shit!!! I totally forgot about that... Dammit... I'm gunna have to start writing these things down...
Matt, where did you take that shot of Joel's Celica??? That looks farkin awesome and I think I'll be takin mine there when it's done...
Nice pics Paul...
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: techin' the g's Sun, 08 September 2002 02:53 Go to previous message
Thats down at the boat ramp in between the two bridges at Tom Ugly's at Sylvania.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Was there a rolla cruise?
Next Topic:Roll Call
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Sep 29 15:29:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0085170269012451 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.