Classifieds » Miscellaneous » 4AGE, electrics, brakes - from AW11 - SOLD

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

icon2.gif  4AGE, electrics, brakes - from AW11 - SOLD Fri, 28 May 2004 06:03 Go to next message
If all runs to plan in a few weeks I will be pulling the guts out of my 89 mr2. Don't know what a fairly used/abused engine is worth so I'm putting this EOI out. I will basically take anything that's offered for it, but will be going with the best offers I have when I pull it out.

It's done 170K, and still pulls strong. It uses about a litre of oil every few thousand clicks, but doesn't drop any. Had a service with new plugs a little over a week ago.
LSD box is also a bit knackered, well the syncro in second is (have to hold it against the gate for half a second before dropping it in when downchanging) and has been since i bought the car 2 & 1/2 years / 50K ago. LSD seems fine though and does what an LSD should.

I'll be swapping the oil pressure sender on it to the 3sgte's idiot light version (need the 4age one for my dash), but other than that, it'll be really complete.

Anyways, that's about it.

Edit: results from dyno day, 61.7 big ones Smiley =
Images removed to save bandwidth

Edit: Prices (firm btw)
Complete engine: $sold
Ecu, afm, coil, ignitor, loom (missing one connector): $sold
Font calipers and pads: $100

Cheers
Dave

[Updated on: Tue, 14 June 2005 13:26]

Send a private message to this user    
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI: 4AGE, LSD box, comp etc. Fri, 28 May 2004 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
please confirm this is a small port engine???> also, what LSD is in the box??, TRD, Kaaz or optional AE101 corolla one??. thanks
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: EOI: 4AGE, LSD box, comp etc. Fri, 28 May 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the small port is the 86Kw standard mr2 one with 7 ribs, then that's the one. The LSD is also standard mr2 issue.

Edit - When I say standard issue, I mean the one that should have been standard, but was 'optional' Smiley =

Cheers
Dave

[Updated on: Fri, 28 May 2004 12:45]

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: EOI: 4AGE, LSD box, comp etc. Thu, 01 July 2004 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will be at the dyno day if anyone wants to see it running.

Hopefully will be pulling it out in about 2 weeks time. Just rounding up the last of the parts before I do the swap.

Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: EOI: 4AGE, LSD box, comp etc. Thu, 01 July 2004 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interested in the box... how much?
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: EOI: 4AGE, LSD box, comp etc. Thu, 01 July 2004 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For the box I'd be happy with anything over a hundred and fifty bucks, but as mentioned in the first post, it'll go to the highest bidder at the time of removal.

The prices I'd let things go for at a minimum though.....
Box, $150
Engine with everthing attached bar the oil sender and intake piping, $300 (will confirm with joshstix on the weekend if I need to poach anything else off the 4age before I sell it)
Loom and ecu, $150
89 Front calipers & rotors (rotors and forrodo pads have done around 5K), $150

As earlier mentioned, I'll be whacking it on the dyno on Sunday. Anyone serious about the engine/box can take it for a spin, otherwise I'll attach the results to this post asap.

Cheers,
Dave
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: EOI: 4AGE, LSD box, comp etc. Sat, 03 July 2004 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If anyone wants to see it on dyno day, it's the dark grey mr2 with light grey simmons.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: EOI: 4AGE, LSD box, comp etc. Mon, 05 July 2004 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry if anyone wanted to look at it yesterday, I left pretty early.

Dyno reading added to the initial post.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: EOI: 4AGE, LSD box, comp etc. Mon, 05 July 2004 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As well as a pic of the engine bay
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: EOI: 4AGE, LSD box, comp etc. Thu, 28 October 2004 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, like any project (of mine anyways), my few weeks turned in to a few months Razz. But the project now has a start date of the 13th of November, so the engine will be coming out that weekend.

The only things about the car that has changed since the last post, is that I've done about another 3K clicks on it and I've broken the mount off the muffler and hence put a hole in it. I've welded the mount back on so it holds till I pull it out, but it's still got a hole and is a bit louder. I think the baffles etc might be fragged though as my seat-of-the-pants dyno tells me I've lost a little bit of pep. The car will be going back on the dyno on the 9th of Nov as it's getting included in a magazine article, so I'll be able to give another reading closer to the date.

The offer is still there for people to come have a look/drive if they are seriously interested. And it still goes to the highest bidder (above my mentioned minimums) at the time of extraction.

Cheers,
Dave

[Updated on: Thu, 28 October 2004 00:43]

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes (was EOI, now 4sale - can mods move to engines etc) Thu, 28 October 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would these rotors be bigger than an late 86 sc mr2 import from japan?
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes (was EOI, now 4sale - can mods move to engines etc) Thu, 28 October 2004 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I always thought the brakes were the same on both NA and SC models and thought they all changed in 87 (I could be wrong though).

The DBA catalogue only lists rotors for AW11's 11/87 - 89, and lists them as vented 258mm diameter and 22mm thick.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes (from AW11) Mon, 01 November 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~wtf/other/res_bump.jpg
Mr*Beach
Regular

October 2002
Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes (from AW11) Wed, 03 November 2004 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would u take $100?? i will pick it up from u asap.. cash waiting
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes (from AW11) Wed, 03 November 2004 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not sure for which part you are talking about, but listed above are the minimums I'll let stuff go for. Any less and I'd rather give the stuff away to people I know.
Mr*Beach
Regular

October 2002
Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes (from AW11) Wed, 03 November 2004 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill give u $100 for the gear box
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes (from AW11) Wed, 03 November 2004 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks anyways dude, but I couldn't let it go for that.
mbird
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes (from AW11) Wed, 03 November 2004 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how fucked is the box
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes (from AW11) Wed, 03 November 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think a bottle of the redline would fix it up, as the symptoms sound the same as everyone elses, but I can't be sure unless I do it. I think the value is in the LSD anyways as a standard c52 is not worth all that much.

If you're serious, you're welcome to come take it for a spin. To ensure you never get a crunch when downchanging to 2nd, you just have to hold it against the gate for a split second before dropping it in.

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes (from AW11) Wed, 03 November 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry about butting in but isnt the 4age in the mr2 the large port as the small port is 100kw the front rotors on the supercharged mr2 are slightly bigger on the front than the n/a 87-89.
Not that this is a problem as my n/a rotors and calipers pull my supercharged mr2 perfectly every time.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes (from AW11) Thu, 04 November 2004 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep dude, the mr2 definately has the large port 86kw jobbie.
But you are well misinformed regarding the brakes. Both post 87 SC and NA share the same brake setup, 258mm x 22mm rotors along with the same calipers/pads/etc.

The pre 87 were smaller, thinner and more prone to warping.
Mr*Beach
Regular

October 2002
Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes (from AW11) Thu, 04 November 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats cool. It was just an opening bid. I'll give you $150 for it when it comes out. Always good to have a spare LSD around. Cheers.

~Josh
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes (from AW11) Thu, 04 November 2004 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool man, I'll give everyone a yell when the stuffs out (should be next weekend). And if no one else is keen on a higher price, she'll be all yours.

btw, for anyone keen on checking any of it out before it gets pulled, I live in Oatley and work in Pyrmont. Once it's out, the stuff will be in Taren Point.
levinracer
Regular

November 2003
Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes (from AW11) Sun, 07 November 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll give you $200 for the box,when is it ready to pick up?

brad 0419492236

actually i am in hurstville so if we can hook up for a test drive that would be cool.

[Updated on: Sun, 07 November 2004 05:56]

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes (from AW11) Sun, 07 November 2004 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Brad,

It should be ready to pick up Sunday night from Taren Point. If after you've had a test run you're keen on it though, I can probably drop it in to Hurtville on my way home Sunday night.

btw, if the gearbox checks out ok for you, is the 200 offer on just the box or the box and shafts? I'd let the box and shafts go for 200, but just want to know in case someone else makes an offer.

Cheers,
Dave
levinracer
Regular

November 2003
Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes (from AW11) Mon, 08 November 2004 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i will take the shafts if you offering them for 200 with the box,i replied to your sms if we could test during daylight hours i would appreciate it.

cheers brad 0419492236
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes (from AW11) Tue, 09 November 2004 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*cough* bump *cough*

It's coming out this sunday, best offer above my aforementioned minimums at the time of removal wins!

I think I'm going to keep my brake rotors though as there's fek all difference between them and the st185 ones I was going to put on. And I know my ones have very little wear.

Cheers,
Dave
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes (from AW11) Fri, 12 November 2004 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump, last chance to see it running
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes - from AW11 (Last chance to see running!) Fri, 12 November 2004 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HOW MUCH 4 EVEY THING????
(2 put in my car)
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes - from AW11 (Last chance to see running!) Fri, 12 November 2004 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've just received a solid offer of $350 for the box and shafts, so I think $850 for the lot would do it (this does not include the brake rotors though).

Cheers,
Dave
flungie
Newcomer

May 2002
Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes - from AW11 (Last chance to see running!) Fri, 12 November 2004 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, I'm offering $350 for the box & shafts.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes - from AW11 (Last chance to see running!) Sun, 14 November 2004 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My apologies guys, especially flungie who's waiting on the box. Things came up on Sunday morning and I didn't get started till the afternoon. Everything's disconnected though and ready to be dropped.
It was nice to find that there were virtually no connection between the eninge and body looms, so there will be not one chopped wire on the engine loom. I'm also labeling ever connector to make it easier for the next person Cool

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~mk15/images/IMGP1062_ 800.jpg

The boring way to check LSD
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~wtf/other/IMGP1063.AV I
redaw11
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes - from AW11 (Last chance to see running!) Wed, 17 November 2004 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So Box is sold?
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes - from AW11 (Last chance to see running!) Wed, 17 November 2004 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flungie had the highest bid as of Sunday (when it was meant to come out) so at the moment it is sold. But if we can't work out a way to get it to Melbourne, or he retracts his offer, I'll definately let you know.

Cheers,
Dave
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes - from AW11 (Last chance to see running!) Sun, 21 November 2004 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the engine is out now if anyone is keen Smiley =.

Pictures are here:
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&a mp;id=8061
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&a mp;id=8062
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&a mp;id=8063

Attachment: IMGP1072_800.jpg
(Size: 72.63KB, Downloaded 54 time(s))
Attachment: IMGP1073_800.jpg
(Size: 73.28KB, Downloaded 69 time(s))
Attachment: IMGP1075_800.jpg
(Size: 76.75KB, Downloaded 41 time(s))

old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes - from AW11 Sun, 21 November 2004 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the LSD .AVI is a crackup. Bump
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: 4AGE, LSD box, comp, brakes - from AW11 Thu, 25 November 2004 01:00 Go to previous message
Cheers, I'll make you a new vid when the new box is in Smiley =.

Anyways peeps, box is sold.

Engine is still available!!! and for the very reasonable price of $300, I think it's a bargain.

I think I might have to scrap the sale of the loom though as I need one connector off of it, and Toyota don't sell it seperate Nope.

AFM, coil, ignitor and various other things not attached to the engine up for offer.

ECU still for sale.

AW11 teardrop rims still for sale.

Cheers,
Dave
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Hardware product sale!
Next Topic:Conversion left overs from AE101 levin GTZ
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 09:56:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077481269836426 seconds