Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4AGZE Power??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae92_GZE
Occasional Poster

April 2004
4AGZE Power?? Wed, 02 June 2004 14:08 Go to next message
Hey guys and girls,
I have just put an ae 101 GZE into my ae92, this is along with a Haltech E6X managment and when it got tuned the other day it's max power was 86.4kw @ 5300rpm. Is this normal was i expecting to much outta this engine?? The exhaust is still stock which I think is alot of the problem but what do you think about it?? thanks for ur input!!

Luke
  Send a private message to this user    
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: 4AGZE Power?? Wed, 02 June 2004 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
5300rpm is really really low, mine is just starting to make full boost at that point, my peak is just under 7000rpm.

AE92 GZE though.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: 4AGZE Power?? Wed, 02 June 2004 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont be soft rev it out Razz

on a serious note. the engine will only perform as well as the person who tuned the ECU...
ae92_GZE
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: 4AGZE Power?? Thu, 03 June 2004 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for that guys... when I drive it I do rev it out... but on the dyno when it reaches about 5500rpm it really starts to drop the power... The ECU was tuned by someonw who I do trust and is very good at it. Is there something wrong with the engine or ecu if it peaks that early?? Thanks for the help!!

Luke
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: 4AGZE Power?? Thu, 03 June 2004 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get a new exhaust and a nevo pulley. that power doesnt seem to bad for a stock engine, although it has an aftermarket ecu... im not sure i have seen stock engines running them ie what power they make. but get a good exhaust and a pulley and you will be getting alot more power.
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE Power?? Thu, 03 June 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it starts to die up high, I'd be guessing there might be some sort of restriction either exhaust or inlet (what's your air filter like?)

With a big pulley and a decent intercooler/exhuast, they don't mind revving at all, here is my dyno plot:

http://upload.3sgtemr2.com/upload/dyno1.jpg
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 4AGZE Power?? Thu, 03 June 2004 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Belt slip?
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE Power?? Thu, 03 June 2004 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my stocker ze with top mount and 2.25inch exhaust and standard management made like 80kw atw with a shoddy S/C belt, so 86kw atw isn't bad if you haven't touched the boost and still got a smallish exhaust on it..

-Andrew
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: 4AGZE Power?? Thu, 03 June 2004 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fark i better be getting more then this dammit
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE Power?? Thu, 03 June 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Thu, 03 June 2004 17:28

fark i better be getting more then this dammit

Take a look through the past results at the Toymods dyno days, the 4AGZE is far from an inspirational engine when it's still running the SC12. Hang a T28 off the side of them and they're a completely different animal though.
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: 4AGZE Power?? Thu, 03 June 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shouldn't a ae101gze be making closer to 100ish rwkw (not certain on the numbers but isnt a 101 the later model gze which makes more power than the aw11 gze?) i made 88rwkw with my completely stock 87aw11sc, i would be saying even if there is a computer, that should be making closer to 100kw IMHO...i think i would be going with monkeymajik on the belt slip
ae92_GZE
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: 4AGZE Power?? Thu, 03 June 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks guys, i am going to do the exhaust and then go back and dyno it again...but yes a T28 would be nice... all in good time!! Thanks again and i'll let u know

As far as i know i dont get belt slippage cause it stays on 10psi the whole time and when the ignition is ON u cant turn the water pump pulley....

Thanks again

Luke
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: 4AGZE Power?? Thu, 03 June 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i just checked and the ae101 gze stock should make 126(flywheel)kw which is around about 100rwkw.. i think there must be something going wrong (got my info here http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/7177/4ageengine s.html)
ae92_GZE
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: 4AGZE Power?? Thu, 03 June 2004 14:14 Go to previous message
I know it is sopose to be that bit more powerful than the others and that is way I am asking what could be wrong, i know what figures it is sopose to do I am more worries about what it is doing...but i will check belt slip again and when I do the exhaust I will dyno again and see what happens

Luke

[Updated on: Thu, 03 June 2004 14:22]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1JZ Temperature Sensor Curve
Next Topic:Air fuel/ meters
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 01:56:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048599243164062 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.