Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » AE86 Street/Track Suspension..

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Sat, 12 June 2004 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coilover kit's:
T3 make a good one- $179US with any spring rate (they have 2 models, one with a 4" sleve for normal shocks, or one with a 6" sleve for short strokes)
paradise racing have a similar kit for $139 US

i am unsure what rear shocks (i might be getting a complete coilover kit with shocks 2nd hand already on a strut)

i want to get the front down with some coilovers while im working on stiffening the rear end with braces etc, then i'll look into rear shocks. i think TRD shocks at the back cant be too bad, but i havent really looked into this.

by the way i am setting up a drifter. getting close to 7kg/mm fronts and 5.2 kg/mm at the back.
  Send a private message to this user    
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Sat, 12 June 2004 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i found out if using mr2 shocks for ae86 front...its mr2 rear shocks which is fitted unto the front..not the front...

which shocks will be stiffer? ST185 or SW20/21?

45aken: st204 shocks is stiffer than st185?

the T3 $179 u mention is just for the sleeves, top hat and nuts??

45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Sat, 12 June 2004 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wouldn't have a clue about the shocks (maybe check the celicas/mr2's weight/spring rates)

the $179 includes all you mentioned +set of springs varying between 300 and 450 lb/in
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Sat, 12 June 2004 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh..that's quite cheap then..rather than paying 350 for noltec coilover kit and getting some local springs made..

btw..how much would shipping cost via air freight? have u check it out?
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Sat, 12 June 2004 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can someone/anyone help me out with my question before? Sad
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Sun, 13 June 2004 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ow you are paying what for a Noltec kit.
I am using Fulcrum suspension collars ($70 inc postage) and T3 upper hats ($80 inc postage). And then Kings or Eibach springs (Tein in my case). All up about $200.

As for dealing with T3, i have bought things from them, and intend to in the future. They are a good dealer.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Sun, 13 June 2004 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bathurst: the Tokicos are 75mm shorter in casing than the stock struts.

This is from another thread:
shinybluesteel wrote on Tue, 25 May 2004 21:32

just going to bump this up, as i found soem useful info.

also, if anyone is interested in a possible group buy of some tokicos, let me know as i would be interested in reducing the postage cost or something.

here is a schematic i found after much babelfishing and guess clicking

http://img68.photobucket.com/albums/v207/levintrueno/tokico_HTS_102.jpg

so there you have it, the front struts have 125 mm or around 5 inches of total travel, at first i though this was stuff all, but i jacked my car up and down and i think it will be fine.

also, i think i can get away with just getting springs made for my standard struts, wont have to go coilover yet.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Sun, 13 June 2004 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks tak, champion.

[Updated on: Sun, 13 June 2004 03:24]

Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Sun, 13 June 2004 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
takai: does the fulcrum comes with spannar for the sleeves? i've checked out fulcrum's website but there isnt information on the sleeves and i just emailed them. since u got your upper hat from T3 priced at US$50, i assume Fulcrum don't sell them?

Quote:

I am using Fulcrum suspension collars ($70 inc postage) and T3 upper hats ($80 inc postage). And then Kings or Eibach springs (Tein in my case). All up about $200.

does the total of $200 include the springs? cause 70+80= 150..and springs cost only $50????

45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Sun, 13 June 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just did the calculations Cool
the ground control/T3 tuning coil over sleve kit (everything you need) is $356 delivered in 4-10 days

thats with like nearly 70US dollars just for shipping ($100AUD) so they will be around $300AUD if you want them in 4-6weeks

man T3 make some damn good/damn sexy parts!
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Sun, 13 June 2004 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much is T3 coilover kits anyway? its not mentioned in the T3 website except for the upper hat...

i'm not sure whether u did include the T3 cambertops but i think u did not cause its about US$175++??

my objective here is getting as cheap as possible for my struts conversion..if the kits gonna cause me over AUD300 over including shipping...i would definitely go for Noltec kits as i can just get them off the shelf..

unless u included T3 cambertops, sleeves, spannars, nits, upper hat for AUD 300 plus (i hope!)..then its good buy i reckon..

if not..i'll just go with fulcrum sleeves if they are cheap..
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Sun, 13 June 2004 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was without the spanners as i already have a pair
and they do make a spring upper hat but i liked the design of the T3 one with a square bearing in the top.
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Sun, 13 June 2004 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.technotoytuning.com/media/t3/products/upper_hat1.jpg

takai..i dont see any square bearings on it...u are talking about the left one right!?

Smile

since we are unto this..what's the in-diameter of your coilover sleeves as well as how long is it? it will be handy to me if i need to order 1..
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Sun, 13 June 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The little bearing in between the two washers on the left is a square bearing. Named because of its cross section. Rotates in only one direction.
Theoretically this will act as a load reducer for the swivel/sphere bearing on the cambertop.

Please correct my terminology if i have it wrong. Most of it i learnt in Yr10 Mechanics/Fabrication class (do note, i very rarely do anything with this knowledge)
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Sun, 13 June 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cant precisely measure the ID of my sleeves nor the length atm. Not at home, will do it later.
http://www.dysfunction.ws/galleryapp/Sprinter/DSCF 0004_002
Thats a pic of it though.
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Sun, 13 June 2004 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satoshi wrote on Sun, 13 June 2004 17:16

takai: does the fulcrum comes with spannar for the sleeves? i've checked out fulcrum's website but there isnt information on the sleeves and i just emailed them. since u got your upper hat from T3 priced at US$50, i assume Fulcrum don't sell them?

Quote:

does the total of $200 include the springs? cause 70+80= 150..and springs cost only $50????

Quote:

how much is T3 coilover kits anyway? its not mentioned in the T3 website except for the upper hat...

i'm not sure whether u did include the T3 cambertops but i think u did not cause its about US$175++??

my objective here is getting as cheap as possible for my struts conversion..if the kits gonna cause me over AUD300 over including shipping...i would definitely go for Noltec kits as i can just get them off the shelf..

unless u included T3 cambertops, sleeves, spannars, nits, upper hat for AUD 300 plus (i hope!)..then its good buy i reckon..

if not..i'll just go with fulcrum sleeves if they are cheap..

dont miss this out Very Happy
45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Sun, 13 June 2004 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your dreaming if you think they will throw in the camber plates! it will be $600AUD delivered for everything you need coil over kit +springs +camber plates.

the coil over kit comes with EVERYthing you need bar shocks to have a full setup. which includs 6 inches of travel.

can't wait til they make that 'monster' sway bar (fingers crossed its a rear sway bar Shocked )
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Sun, 13 June 2004 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im getting cusco camber plates from japan for a little over $250. Ahh brandnames Razz

As for the coilovers they are 130mm long with 110mm of adjustment. Thats about 4" or so of adjustment.

ID is about 51mm. The OD of the XT130 strut is 50mm approx. So ill have to get a bit machined out of the inside of these.
Easy to do when your boss has a lathe.
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Sun, 13 June 2004 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why do you need to machine out?
dont get you..
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Mon, 14 June 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ergh, i was too tired when posting that. The ID of the coilover was 50mm and the OD of the strut was 51mm.
Now do you see?
45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Mon, 14 June 2004 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey at least you know that if you buy a brand name its going to work! is the $250 new or 2nd hand, cuz you can get brand new T3 ones for $245AUD (not delivered).

the t3 coil over kits are on their homepage. they are actullay made by ground control.

i think im going t3 coil over kit, T3 camber plates, tokio HTS.

with this setup i should still be able to lower and RAISE the car (heaps of the ones i've seen can only lower, from what is already really low).

is anyone here running HTS's? how much did they get them for? i found a place selling them on sale for $289US front pair. good price???
purpleminiep
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Mon, 14 June 2004 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I ahave the setup you described and there is not much chance of raising your car if you shorten thre struts 40mm as is suggested. I havnt driven the car yet it is being painted. The tyres are just inside the guards. They look awesme and the car is legal height i think except for the plastic tray under the radiator.

Brad
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Mon, 14 June 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$289 US for a front pair seems like a decent price

lets do a bulk buy save on shipping! Very Happy
exquisit
Regular

May 2003
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Mon, 14 June 2004 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much for just the rear pair then??
45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Mon, 14 June 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its $289 for the font, same price for the rear
but if you buy a set it's $539

i've got a lot of things on at the moment, might start a bulk buy when i have time (soon) and when my wallet is fat enough (little bit later than sooner Smile)

its cheaper than getting the gas AGX shocks from aus, pickup ($650 for the celica GT4 fronts) and im pretty sure the HTS's are ilke 45way adjustable MMMmmmmmm.
exquisit
Regular

May 2003
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Mon, 14 June 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much is that in aus$??
without goin for group buy??
how much for postage about too??
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Mon, 14 June 2004 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
45aken wrote on Mon, 14 June 2004 15:34

its cheaper than getting the gas AGX shocks from aus, pickup ($650 for the celica GT4 fronts) and im pretty sure the HTS's are ilke 45way adjustable MMMmmmmmm.

yes. Tokico HTS 102's are 45 way adjustable. or 7 full turns of the adjustment key.
45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Mon, 14 June 2004 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wouldn't have a clue, they havent emailed me back yet.
google.com->currency converter (search...)

just found out from T3 that if you run the AGX shcoks with their short stroke kit you have an adjustment range from 1.5" lower than stock to 7.5" lower (and thats like ground SLAMMED)

i may have found another place with better prices on the HTS's, i'll keep you updated.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Mon, 14 June 2004 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where are you thinking of getting the HTS' from 45aken?

ive got these in transit now

http://www.tp-spirit.co.jp/ae86/main.html#sus

Quote:

As for front shock attenuation power stepless gradation integral expression, as for rear shock 45 gradual pitch integral expression dial attachment. Because of this, width of setting is wide, finely setup possible. (Adjustment of attenuation power is rod top.) Because the front shock almost is the same size as the AE92 short circuit of TRD, if now height pitch of errand has used AE92 short circuit, also it is possible to exchange to this shock. (Front case length 332mm) the rear shock to short stroke the muffler under the diff. and combination with the spring whose total length is short is OK by the fact that it converts. In addition, standard we equip the urethane bush, the maximum pull out damper original potential.

Front maximum length 476mm/minimum length 350mm/stroke 126mm

Rear maximum length 455mm/minimum length 307. 5mm/stroke 147. 5mm

Front set 26250 Yen (tax pulling out 25000 Yen)

Rear set 31500 Yen (tax pulling out 30000 Yen) (the ウ レ タ ン フ ゙ ッ シ ュ, 45 gradual adjustment タ ゙ イ ヤ ル it is attached)

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Mon, 14 June 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
takai wrote on Sun, 13 June 2004 22:15

The little bearing in between the two washers on the left is a square bearing. Named because of its cross section. Rotates in only one direction.
Theoretically this will act as a load reducer for the swivel/sphere bearing on the cambertop.

Please correct my terminology if i have it wrong. Most of it i learnt in Yr10 Mechanics/Fabrication class (do note, i very rarely do anything with this knowledge)

is called a "thrust bearing" as it can only take load in thr thrust direction.

something of that size should be able to take 1-2 tonnes of load and still rotate.

many kits just have metal to metal contact.. which if greased will still work, but thrust bearings are better for raod car.
will reduce friction also.

Cya, Stewart
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Mon, 14 June 2004 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just paid $750 for my Tokicos. That is airmailed to my door.
Quite a good price, about Y44,000 plus about Y14,000 postage (airmail).

Ah yes, thanks for that too Stewart, another word to add to my vocabulary.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 June 2004 08:44]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Mon, 14 June 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that a set or a pair?

im paying around 60 000 yen for my set then 15000 yen for EMS courier

but they are re-sleeved and urethane bushed "techno pro spirit" ones

will be nice to see the difference between my shocks and 'takumi' ben's shocks

[Updated on: Mon, 14 June 2004 10:36]

takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Mon, 14 June 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine are stock versions, although i will be buying a pair of Nolethane bushings for the bottom of the rears.
Set of 4 mine are.
45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Tue, 15 June 2004 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you just talking about the bushing for the rear shock?

the shop hasn't emailed me back yet, but ill check up on it. where did you get yours from takai? sounds like a pretty damn good price with air freight.

hopefully when i do the conversion i will be able to raise and lower the car. what T3 told me sounds promising. 1.5" lower than stock to FLAT SLAMMED tickles my fancy! Shocked Shocked Shocked

how much shorter are the HTS 102's compared to the AGX mr2 shocks? anyone?

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Tue, 15 June 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh cool everyones going tokico =p

Just to let you guys know. I ordered them from japan. Waited a week or so for the receipt THEN they were sent. So your looking at 3weeks plus for the EMS shipping.

So i was observing my ra60 struts just before And I realized something. Since I have to shorten them 75mm (for the tokicos)or so This will cause the top of the shock casing to basically be about 30mm above the bottom spring rest. From an engineering aspect, is this a good thing? Or is it done some other way.. just interested really. LOL I was thinking about it and whats wrong with just say.. melting up some metal and pouring it inside the strut 75m... (lol dodgy idea or what Wink

And a silly question about cutting/shutting struts. Would shops that do it either A. cut them below the bottom spring cup, take out 75mm then take off the spring cup and reweld it further up?. or B. Would they just simply cut 75mm above the cup then re-thread it somehow?

MMmmmzz im still deciding on spring height. What kind of spring heights do you fellas run? (tokico 102s) Or what are youse planning to have...

[Updated on: Tue, 15 June 2004 06:30]

45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Tue, 15 June 2004 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im using coilovers.
when you cut the strut, you need that top thread unless someone can re-thread it (i don't think they will be able to).

when you fit the coilover, you cut off the spring perch, then take out the amount you wish from where you cut the perch, then weld the sleve on, so you still retain that top thread. (very simplified version)

purpleminiep
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Tue, 15 June 2004 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I shortened my rt130 struts 40mm and installed 20mm spacers which allowed the hts' to fit perfectly. The rt130 are the same length as the sprinter struts. i welded my spring collar so that there is about 5-10mm of strut above the coilover.

Brad
45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Tue, 15 June 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what the heighest you can go on the collar compared to stock height? like 2 inches lower than stock at max height or something??
did you do the conversion yourself? how to the HTS's go?
purpleminiep
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Tue, 15 June 2004 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The top of a 14in rim and tyre is higher than the lip of the guard ill take a photo tommorrow. The car is still in primer and i havnt driven it yet. With the hts' hard up and 6kgmm spring i can jump on the strut tower and only just move the car. On their softest setting it is alot more forgiving. if i ever get my car painted i will be happy to report on the setup.

Brad
45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Tue, 15 June 2004 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
beautiful!
if your a drifter, who cares about paint!!!!!its not about looking pretty!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
nah i can't wait til i get my car painted aswell! im used to good handling/fast cars (got a wrx that i always take to the track-love it!) but i honestly love my ae86 more, i love working on it hands on and turning it into something i want it to be!

hopefully with the suspension down, it will handle like a dream. i can't wait! it's 1am, i've got a test tomorrow for uni and im still on the edge of my seat talking about my drifter!!!

the adjustment is on the top of the shocks right? like pop the bonnet and adjust? or is it a little harder???

Razz Razz Razz
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Thu, 17 June 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys,

could someone verify with me these KYB shocks. Before i decide to get any of these parts, could you advice me whether these KYB shocks are a performance shocks and will be suitable for my front coilover setup? (Whiteline emailed me these parts)

ST 185 GT4 Front Shocks. KYB Part number Y365077

Toyota MR2 SW20 Rear shocks. KYB Part number Y365100

Toyota Corolla AE86 Pan hard rod. Part number KPR010

Are these short stroke?

Thanks
45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Fri, 18 June 2004 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Toyota Corolla AE86 Pan hard rod. Part number KPR010

Are these short stroke?

YES definately short stroke Very Happy how much for this part? is it adjustable?

the celica is like 60mm shorter, so yes it is
not to sure about the MR2.

im ppretty sure for a 'short stroke' shock you can just use a shock shorter than the OEM one. because then when lowered, it dosent take out any of the shock.

Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Fri, 18 June 2004 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol..i was too lazy to take that panhard rod outta way..

what's the ae86 oem shocks height?

Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Fri, 18 June 2004 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the panhard rod quoted by whiteline is $114.00..i think this is excluding shipping (not sure on this)

can anyone justify with me on the KYB shocks. I got quoted from Whiteline the price for KYB ST185 GT4 shocks front shocks is $172 each and if i'm not mistaken i got quoted for the same part from a motorshop near my area for $120 each...

anyone has bought this KYB ST185 shocks and could confirm with me the exact price?

does KYB produce shocks same as the ST185 GT4 OEM shocks?
Karl_skewes
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Sun, 20 June 2004 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you're running reasonably spring rates, your suspension isn't going to compress much and therefore your panhard rod won't be pushing your diff left and right.

As for removing bushes or arms..... see above.

As for drift/grip settings:
If you think a drift car needs to be set up for oversteer, consider this....
In Japan, and in NZ the best guys run good tyres on the rear, they grip more, so you can go faster. Harder to start the skid, but drifting or gripping is about speed.
Suspension will be almost identical for grip and drift, both will want maximum front grip, but drift may run a little less to the rear, STUFF ALL THOUGH. I would think toe would be the only adjustment to cars that have it.
If you watch any reasonable videos, you'll see that if a drift car misses or mucks up the turn in, they understeer...

And those spring rates quoted to be Bills are no good. You'll roll everywhere on them.
For track.. 10kg/8kg.... plus suitable shock.
Again, check out the specs of circuit cars in Japan, perhaps the N2 cars would be a good example.
purpleminiep
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Sun, 20 June 2004 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have taken some photos of my car. There is still alot of stuff that isnt on the car so iti may finish even lower.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~otanica/IMG_2513.JPG

http://members.iinet.net.au/~otanica/IMG_2514.JPG

http://members.iinet.net.au/~otanica/IMG_2515.JPG

Hope this helps

Brad
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Sun, 20 June 2004 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey..what's the sexy earing doing on your front lip? Laughing

anyway..with a 6kg rear springs with approximately 18cm (height of the spring)..is this too fucking low/ will it bottom out the car??

what's the rear standard spring height?
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Wed, 23 June 2004 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I recieved my Tokicos yesterday. EMS isnt 3 weeks, it took 2 days, and has consistently done so for ages.
The kit consists of the shocks, all the nuts, upper bushings (ill use nolethane anyway) end caps, key, upper caps for the front struts, and a sticker and manual.
I would take photos but i left my camera back in Melbourne while im at my parents house.

All in all it took 10days for me to recieve my Tokicos.
45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Wed, 23 June 2004 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where abouts from? that greenline place? thats pretty sweet! keep us updated on how they go.
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Wed, 23 June 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
takai: did u get taxed for the stuff u bought by customs? if yes how much?
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Wed, 23 June 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, got them from Greenline, good service too. Jason is a champ.

And no i didnt have to pay any extra on customs.
45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Wed, 23 June 2004 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much are you looking at if your package gets called in buy customs? ball park figure here.
thanks
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Wed, 23 June 2004 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You wont. Ive had 3-4k orders come in unmolested. Japanese customs are great and very efficient, these packages never even see our customs officers here. All taxes are considered prepaid.
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Wed, 23 June 2004 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does your stuff comes with invoice or receipt then? cause i car parts above AU$200 they will tax you....speaking by experience.
but if you claimed that you received 3k-4k parts in a box rather than separately...then i'm suprised how it goes through custom..

if its pre-paid...how is this done?
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Wed, 23 June 2004 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well that was $770 worth of shocks just then, no problems. And yes you get a tax invoice for them, sits in the EMS shipping bit which is stuck to the box.

The main reason that its considered "prepaid" is because of trade agreeements between us and Japan. While long and convoluted this is the reason its not taxed.
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Mon, 12 July 2004 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've finally got my long awaited suspenion in.

In the process of setting the car up for motorkhana use and from what i can tell, so far so good. Its not running the heaviest of spring rates, but for what i need, (i think) its spot on.

Front:
5.3kg springs on adj spring pearch
Koni insert
25mm RCA
Standard sway bar

Rear
3.03kg springs
Koni shocks
Traction brackets
Whiteline rear swaybar

Its a good thing Simon talked me out of selling this car before the suspension came in. *thanks fella*

James

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Mon, 12 July 2004 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Its a good thing Simon talked me out of selling this car before the suspension came in. *thanks fella*

yeh, but its too bad he couldnt talk u into some stiffer rates! Laughing
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AE86 Street/Track Suspension.. Tue, 13 July 2004 06:43 Go to previous message
I wanted to run something abit stiffer...

But had to work around the std length koni shock rear end. So i went for the stiffest rate (linear rate) springs that i could find for the rear and got a front to match.
For what i need it for.. it seems (hmm) to work well.
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:igniter problem
Next Topic:Nissan Silvia J 1992 Help!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 08:36:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0091180801391602 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.