Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Justice
Occasional Poster

May 2004

PERTH: painting my ra28 Fri, 11 June 2004 04:24 Go to next message
i need a idea on how much paint i would need and i want to paint it metalic silver. and should i use 2pac paint or arclyic. could someone direct me on who to c and how much plz.
  Send a private message to this user    
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: PERTH: painting my ra28 Fri, 11 June 2004 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ring up a panle shop and ask them.

or even better drive it in there and they would be able to give you a better estimate
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: PERTH: painting my ra28 Fri, 11 June 2004 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want to do it yourself, get four litres of paint and appropriate amounts of thinners to suit. With what sounds like no experience painting, I'd stay to the acrylic paints - easier to fix the mistakes you will always make. I use and recommend APC (Automotive Paint Centre) in Bayswater.
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: PERTH: painting my ra28 Fri, 11 June 2004 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also, unless you have access to a spray booth, use the acrylic. Not only does the 2pack have harmful chemicals,(does impotence and chronic migraines sound like fun? Razz) the fine you have to pay if you get caught you could easily have it painted a hundred times over. Have fun

Jeff Cool
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: PERTH: painting my ra28 Sat, 12 June 2004 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go 2pack acrylic is a waste of time the car will never look real good and i find it is harder to fix paint faults. 4L should be enough but if you are doing it silver or any metallic use clear over base. if you decide to do a solid color just use direct gloss it means you save money on the clear. but what ever you do don't use acrylic its CRAP Very Happy
Justice
Occasional Poster

May 2004

Re: PERTH: painting my ra28 Mon, 14 June 2004 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think i can get a spray booth so ill b doin it in 2 pack would u guys say my car is metalic silver? if u avent seen it www.totalrpm.com/car/1505 is the link there thanks guys. has nyone resprayed there car in 2 pack here and how much was it a Litre
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: PERTH: painting my ra28 Tue, 15 June 2004 08:44 Go to previous message
Metallics are always hard to spray for a beginner spray painter especially silver because the chance of getting a mottled uneven finish is high. The cost of paint can range alot it all depends what brand and what type of 2 pack you chose. One tip never buy cheap clear you will always tell the difference.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:wanted 18rc or 18rg engine in perth!
Next Topic:CCG Trip to the Temora Aviation Museum/Flying display - 13 June 2004
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 04:36:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072090625762939 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.