AuthorTopic
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sat, 12 June 2004 14:51 Go to next message

SUPRA'S OVER RATED?[ 58 vote(s) ]
1.damn straight! 16 / 28%
2.no way! 42 / 72%

every wog and his dog seems to want one . . . but for the price you pay for a twin turbo 92 onwards supra, you can build and absolute monster that would eat one.

Send a private message to this user    
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sat, 12 June 2004 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hem's fightin words around here to just about anyone but the hairdresser/gayhairdresser brigade (corolla/celica). Laughing
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sat, 12 June 2004 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought they drove BMW's.
With da chromies and da P' Plates
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sat, 12 June 2004 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clubagreenie wrote on Sun, 13 June 2004 07:39

hem's fightin words around here to just about anyone but the hairdresser/gayhairdresser brigade (corolla/celica). Laughing

I voted there not, but shit man lay off the corollas and celicas (if it wasnt for celicas there wouldnt be a supra)
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Supra... I am your father....
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go the celica! TA22 that is . . .
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its just the natural progression that is "the car scene"

certain cars at certain times become affordable to people.

these people buy them in large quantities and use them as status symbols for cruzin' and pickin up da honeyz.

some cars that have fallen prey to this are

WRX
GTS-T skyline
and now its the JZA80 supra (mostly N/A versions)
Latest model RX7 is probably next in line.

its just how it all works, you cannot control it, you cant discount the merit of the car either (well ok u can discount the WRX).

i also feel the next thing that will catch on in a big way is VIP cars. Pimped out celsiors, aristos..... cant..recall nissan equivalent.... but u get my drift.

0.02c

Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Sun, 13 June 2004 11:43

its just the natural progression that is "the car scene"

certain cars at certain times become affordable to people.

these people buy them in large quantities and use them as status symbols for cruzin' and pickin up da honeyz.

some cars that have fallen prey to this are

WRX
GTS-T skyline
and now its the JZA80 supra (mostly N/A versions)
Latest model RX7 is probably next in line.

its just how it all works, you cannot control it, you cant discount the merit of the car either (well ok u can discount the WRX).

i also feel the next thing that will catch on in a big way is VIP cars. Pimped out celsiors, aristos..... cant..recall nissan equivalent.... but u get my drift.

0.02c

Nissan equivalent? the Cedric?
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Voted NO!

I think they are underrated! Shocked Cool
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think Supras are over rated. I do however think Lancers are over rated. There is a guy around the corner who has 2 riced out lancers. What the crap? His big ass chromies on the black on reveal it for it's true nature. The red painted DRUM braks at the back are so tiny, the look like there ARE no breaks on the back.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No way man... Supra's are a sweet ride...
I was going to buy one before I found my GT4!

The only negatives are:
1. Too many fully sick bro's drive them
2. Insurance is strangely expensive compared to the value of the car (assuming my gt4 would be in a similar insurance category)

I've always loved the JZA80... It just feels like it was made for the driver and not the passengers or any other bastard!
Sit in the drivers seat of one and you'll know what I mean!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree with toobs - i would have bought an ma70 or jza70 if the Gt4 hadnt cropped up into my path ..

they are an awesome machine and totally underrated as a sports car .

My natural progression if i choose to do so from the Gt4 will be a JZA80 or a GTR , so yeah - give them respect , and ignore the tards that give them a bad name ( much like ae86 sprinters )
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Sun, 13 June 2004 13:46

I don't think Supras are over rated. I do however think Lancers are over rated. There is a guy around the corner who has 2 riced out lancers. What the crap? His big ass chromies on the black on reveal it for it's true nature. The red painted DRUM braks at the back are so tiny, the look like there ARE no breaks on the back.

How is it you manage to work in how crap lancers are into every post Nim? If you were a super hero your power would be to bag out lancers like no other!
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At least lancers aren't as bad as excels!

one of my housemates has an obsession with his excel... he has riced it up and generally modded it in a stupid fashion
-Fat dump pipe
-Fully lowered bro!
-Sik system bro!
and now he wants a whiteline suspension kit for it...!

What a waste!
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I voted no as they are a very underrated sports car however I may get a fair bit of abuse here but the most overrated Toyota is a Sprinter (my 2 cents) but you have to admit they are. don't get me wrong I love the Sprinters Very Happy but just because you see one in a cartoon doesn't mean that it's the best thing going(I feel terrible bagging out sprinters) the most over rated car of all on Australian roads buy far is the Holden Commodore
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think they are a little bit over-rated, but having said that they still are a great car!

Funny thing is, the Supra is a direct extension of the rear wheel drive Celica line-up. So any supra dude bashing 'gay' celicas is in fact, bashing his own heritage Razz

Anyone ever notice supras have the 'A' series (JZA MA etc etc?) much like - shock - RA, TA etc?

I'm glad that I can say my Sleeka isn't related to such a primitive blood line Very Happy (Being a 'T' ala ST162, ST165 etc).

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i voted yes, because most of those on the road that are "fully sik" are shithouse and "over rated"

the good ones (ie powerful fucking insane toyota smack-laying death machines) are usually few and far between

a mark3 or 4 with decent "race" or "widebody" kit, dished race wheels and sans-gaybo-wing......mmm fucking lush .....

HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Sun, 13 June 2004 16:53

I'm glad that I can say my Sleeka isn't related to such a primitive blood line Very Happy (Being a 'T' ala ST162, ST165 etc).

So you like being related to the Corona lineage? Laughing

tom.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

robRA40: Latest model RX7 is probably next in line.

i have inside information that the Celica RA40 will be next in line...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i heard that the dihatsu BRICK is set to be the be all and end all of the "per4mance" scene this year!!

Supra is a good car, but like all good cars, some cock has to buy one and give the car a bad image.

Oh.. and its true, the "T" chassis code is corona. Razz

P.S. WOrthy sucks teh cock.
P.P.S. Lancers are ghey, with aids.
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Sun, 13 June 2004 18:09

i heard that the dihatsu BRICK is set to be the be all and end all of the "per4mance" scene this year!!

Supra is a good car, but like all good cars, some cock has to buy one and give the car a bad image.

Oh.. and its true, the "T" chassis code is corona. Razz

P.S. WOrthy sucks teh cock.
P.P.S. Lancers are ghey, with aids.

ghey with aids? errr fair enough
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NILE8U wrote on Sun, 13 June 2004 00:51

every wog and his dog seems to want one . . . but for the price you pay for a twin turbo 92 onwards supra, you can build and absolute monster that would eat one.

Typical celica owner.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
says the celica supra owner....
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ITs a fucking SUPRA.
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HELL NO they are not over rated!!

i love my MA70 all about havin everything in sight for the driver and everything is where you need it.

but it is true as rob_RA40 said, i could see the series 6,7 or 8 rx7s going as the next big ooh look at me car, if it weren't for the fact that it actually has good performance and aren't too common (well at least in SA)
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Sun, 13 June 2004 19:34

ITs a fucking SUPRA.

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/kekekegay.gif

Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ITs a fucking SUPRA.

Check the sig dude, check the sig. Razz
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Sun, 13 June 2004 20:00

ITs a fucking SUPRA.

Shutup corolla boy. Twisted Evil
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Sun, 13 June 2004 20:07

ITs a fucking SUPRA.

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/stupid.gif

heh
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Sun, 13 June 2004 18:07

ITs a fucking SUPRA.

He doesn't drive a Corolla, he drives a Camry, sorry Apollo Wink Wait, thats a Holden, does that make it worse? Laughing

Deal with it Glen, it's a Celica Supra Smile You can't hide the fact that sans flares, sunshade and big fuckoff tyres it'd look like an RA65 from the back Wink
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Deal with it Glen, it's a Celica Supra Smile You can't hide the fact that sans flares, sunshade and big fuckoff tyres it'd look like an RA65 from the back Wink

hahahahah

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/bowrofl.gif
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why are you laughing? You're still a Corolla driver Very Happy The bowing is appreciated though Wink
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have accepted my corolla-ism Wink
its still a sprinter ae86 after all! :D:D

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

So you like being related to the Corona lineage?

Yeah I can't explain where toyota pulled that one from? The Corona's and Celicas are chalk and cheese - I guess it's one of those cases where fugly parents give birth to a beutiful baby Razz
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HEY! DON'T MOCK CELICAS!! Laughing I'd own one over a Supra because of insurance reasons Celica's are a povo mans sports car Toyota thinks about everyone they made a Quick sports car called the legendary SUPRA! and also a not as quick but respectable sports car at a cheaper price called the CELICA so who ever wanted a sports car has a range of options spend a fuckload on a Supra or spend less and by a Celica there is nothing wrong with a Toyota Celica I'd own one

[Updated on: Sun, 13 June 2004 13:02]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
insurance concerns are for people who dont seek performance at the cost of all else Smile
Supras are one of the sweetest rides out there - shit all over gts-ts, 180s, 200s, etc etc.
I love just about everything about them ('cept the jza80 is a bit bargey for my liking - needs to drop 200kgs)

and yes, the celica-supra is ra65 based ... but I owned one of those first Smile
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hirogen wrote on Sun, 13 June 2004 14:03

How is it you manage to work in how crap lancers are into every post Nim? If you were a super hero your power would be to bag out lancers like no other!

Damn it, you know my super power! I'm gonna have to kill you now.

Umm. I mean carry on. Razz

Yeah, I learned to drive in Mum's Excel. Man that was bad. The breaks on my pushbike are better than the breaks on the Excel. Icky. And now the Lancerer. *sigh* It's not a bad little get about car for someone who doesn't drive quickly. Too bad for me I'm not one of those people.

Man I want a Supra.
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go have a look at the "WHICH CAR IS FASTER? YOU DECIDE" poll, i'm wondering who'll be biased, who'll be stupid and who just plain doesn't know
Ender
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who really does know I have a Supra with a Dodge Viper engine cost nearly 50K to buy and put in.
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i gotta tell ya, i can really support shraka's passion of hating the lancers. i have a 1990 magna ( just until my TA22 beast breathes fire again) and i race a 1997 onwards lance, full eveo bodykit, exhaust, you know the typical ricer lancer (manual by the way) and my magna (unservice for 14 months now) flogged the shyte out of it. they give the evo's a bad name. i thought the XY GTHO replica's were a bit over the top until i noticed this bitsashitti trend. so i say good work shraka
Ender
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Full on!! My dad had a lancer. Dropped a 2jz into it. Man it's siC.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah well I don't like Magnas either. Mate has one. The throw on the gearbox is like, half a kilometer! It takes him about an hour to change from first to second gear! (Okay, so that's not 100% true). And when he starts it up, you can hear the "death rattle".

A Lancer is just not a sports car. And the build quality is below average. Probably the worst of the Japanese car companies. Yes, the 4G63 is powerful, but I also hear it need to be rebuilt every time you get home. (also not 100% true... so I have a flare for the dramatic... stop looking at me like that).

draven wrote on Mon, 14 June 2004 00:13

I love just about everything about them ('cept the jza80 is a bit bargey for my liking - needs to drop 200kgs)

What? They are lighter than the A70 Supra! How can the JZA80 need to lose weight, when the JZA70 is heavier, with less torque and less power? Does not compute...
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA . . . yeah i have the death rattle too when i start it up. lol. i can't wait to piss that car off. hoping to trade it in on a nice RA60/65
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the mk3 is an even worse barge Smile
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 14 June 2004 02:00

I think the mk3 is an even worse barge Smile

Fair enough then. As long as we are all clear on that. Very Happy
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, i see it as there is no subtitute fot cubic inches and rear wheel drives. you don't see no excels doing 7's and their ain't no six running 6's. . . they are all fully stroked V8's but since this is a toyota club and the only common V8 is that out of a soarer then i say this, there's beginning to be some real demand for the quad cam 4L's for retro tech projects and i'd love to fit a 6/71 superchraged 302 into my TA22.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragging is all well and good, but for a street car, you don't need gobs of power. And for a race car, I think the R32 GTR proved that you don't need much displacement.
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Sun, 13 June 2004 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, i have a street machine mag here where some nut case put an RB26DETT godzilla engine into a datsun 240Z! i thought the soarer 2L twin turbo into the RA60 was good!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 14 June 2004 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cubic inches are wonderful for drag cars (although there are 7 second 4-cyl drag cars around) - but the supra is not really a drag car, is it? It's a GT through and through (although the average ma61 in this club probably falls into high performance Smile)
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 14 June 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just couldn't be bothered paying insurance on a Supra especially when paying one of if you have no insurance you write it off in an accident caused by you. Your paying off a wreck wouldn't matter what car it was I WOULD ALWAYS HAVE INSURANCE Smile
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 14 June 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

well, i see it as there is no subtitute fot cubic inches and rear wheel drives. you don't see no excels doing 7's and their ain't no six running 6's. . . they are all fully stroked V8's but since this is a toyota club and the only common V8 is that out of a soarer then i say this, there's beginning to be some real demand for the quad cam 4L's for retro tech projects and i'd love to fit a 6/71 superchraged 302 into my TA22.

Err - yeah I'd be careful what you post on a toyota forum Smile We've all been down this road before, however it always seems someone is willing to start a big pissing contest over it.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 14 June 2004 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think we can all say that the big pushrod V8s do make a decent amount of torque, and sometimes fair bit of power. But they are old tech. "Quad Cam" on V8s has been around in America since the early 90s. It's nothing to get excited about.

Besides, how much power do you realy need? Smile
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 14 June 2004 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I think we can all say that the big pushrod V8s do make a decent amount of torque, and sometimes fair bit of power. But they are old tech. "Quad Cam" on V8s has been around in America since the early 90s. It's nothing to get excited about.

SHHHH!! SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
No No No
We could encourage the rage of a V8 lover if we aren't careful - and they don't back down until we say that old V8s are teh best or if they get banned
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 14 June 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oldschool V8s are awsome! When they are in oldschool cars.
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 14 June 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont think they are over rated!! Cool
I have both an MA61 SUPRA and a TA22 celica Twisted Evil
the celica is quicker Cool but the supra is a much nicer ride and car all round
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 14 June 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Sun, 13 June 2004 21:56

Quote:

So you like being related to the Corona lineage?

Yeah I can't explain where toyota pulled that one from? The Corona's and Celicas are chalk and cheese - I guess it's one of those cases where fugly parents give birth to a beutiful baby Razz

they pulled that one by changing both the corona AND celica's to FWD at the same time and used the same chassis/floorpan design for both - hence the sharing of the chassis code "T".
T has ALWAYS been corona, ever since 1960-something.

oh - quad cam V8's have been around in USA since the 90's cos thats when LEXUS was first exported to the USA with their 1UZ-FE!!

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 14 June 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actualy, the Americans where doing DOHC V8s in 1992 aswell. Everyone but Australia knows it's a good idea. Well now finaly Australia does. Pah.

And whats with this quad cam nonsense anyway? It's just a DOHC isn't it? It doesn't have 4 cams per bank does it? DOHC V8. That's what it is, stop pretending like it's better than the twinky everyone else has been enjoying for fifteen years just 'cuz they have two banks of DOHC Mr Ford!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 14 June 2004 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NILE8U wrote on Mon, 14 June 2004 02:14

and their ain't no six running 6's. . .

I think you may want to check your facts as the Titan Motorsports Solara runs 6's quite often. Cant remember the PB but I think it is in the 6.80's now. And yes it uses the trusty 2jz-gte!
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 14 June 2004 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Mon, 14 June 2004 14:57

Actualy, the Americans where doing DOHC V8s in 1992 aswell. Everyone but Australia knows it's a good idea. Well now finaly Australia does. Pah.

And whats with this quad cam nonsense anyway? It's just a DOHC isn't it? It doesn't have 4 cams per bank does it? DOHC V8. That's what it is, stop pretending like it's better than the twinky everyone else has been enjoying for fifteen years just 'cuz they have two banks of DOHC Mr Ford!

pushrods > OHC *feels sick*
goro
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 14 June 2004 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
guys nothing beeats the feeling of a 2JZ on NOS.. trust me... the steering is soo damn light for a heavy car...

im actually very surprised because i came to a supra from a 1UZ (V8) soarer... and theres a HUGE difference even though they are built on the same chassis
Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My Avatar
Next Topic:good laser FAX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:16:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0097799301147461 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.