Toymods » The Outhouse » SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 21 June 2004 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What I was trying to say is once you have a decent car, it'll start off with enough power, then you become used to it and want more, and more and more Very Happy .

I used to think my supra was getting slow and actually wasn't really quick until I started to drive the BA Falcon every day. Then getting back into the Supra it felt like a rocket, and was just so much quicker than the Falcon.
  Send a private message to this user    
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 21 June 2004 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VN V8 over rated ? put it in a 82 929 coupe, it fits in that monster engine bay....
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Mon, 21 June 2004 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose wrote on Mon, 21 June 2004 23:24

VN V8 over rated ? put it in a 82 929 coupe, it fits in that monster engine bay....

Why??? WHY?!?!? OH GOD WHY!?
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Tue, 22 June 2004 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with him on this . . . why would you even bother? if you're gonna do a retrotech conversion, you don't do it to cars like that, you put generation three LS1's into VL commodores, toranas and other old holdens, you put the 3.8 5 speeds into TA22/23 celicas and torana, you put 4.9 EB V8's into cortinas and old 60 to 70's falcons, you don't just waste you're time on a mazda conversion, or at least pick i good looking car.
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Tue, 22 June 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why ? coz i had a 929 coupe sittin in the drive way and a vn v8 sittin at my mates place.
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Tue, 22 June 2004 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL, i can't believe you even went through the trouble of doing that. . . just taking the time to build up that car. but, if ya bored and ya got stuff around, i don't see why not.
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Tue, 22 June 2004 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has any one else got any whacky stories about custom jobs done to cars that you wouldn't suspect? Everyone know's stories about putting 351's into mini's so something different would be interesting. the best engine conversion i know of is in australia! in Victoria, a guy built a chev 55 sports coupe. he then put a 27L rolls royce merlin V12 supercharged P51 Mustange fighter engine from world war two into it. the car takes 30 minutes to start up but makes up for it in power . . . 2267Kw or something, or 3000HP to the wheels! and better yet . . . it's road registered. the car's name is Final Objective and it was in one of my old street machine mags. anyone else got anything interesting?
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Tue, 22 June 2004 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*sigh* You sure it was a P51 engine? 'cuz the Merlin was in the Spitfire FIRST! Bloody Yanks.
psyche
Occasional Poster

December 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Tue, 22 June 2004 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There have been more common examples of the gemini's with a 351 under the hood...

Or Vin Spartic *spelling?* in melb who has a 13b in his citroen.
I know 13b's have been put in everything these days from rx2's to sigma's but a citroen i think that's pushing it.
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Wed, 23 June 2004 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes im sure. . . that's what i read and i don't know shit about planes . . . all i know is that the aircraft it came out of was known for crashing on takeoff by inexperienced pilots . . . the engine was that powerful that the plane rotated around the engine. and this guys got the engine is a street legal car!
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Wed, 23 June 2004 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i knew of a V8 sigma once . . . it took out a burn out comp and no one saw that comming . . .
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Wed, 23 June 2004 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah, i'm entering the supernats next year with a 302 cortina. . . so bye bye celica. (even though the 302 would fit in the celica). that'll be fun, apparently all i have to do is upgrade the brakes.
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Wed, 23 June 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just thinking about badly over rated cars and the main one comes up being a toyota sprinter . . . that right, i have a shovel and i may b digging my own hole right here because of this but i think that they are just a rear wheel drive corolla. as i was having a romantic stroll through pick and payless i found a stripped one. after playing around in it for a few minutes and looking for small bits i could pull off and shove in my pockets, shoes and underwear (as you do) i realised just how badly these things are talked up . . . anyone else feel the same way?
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Wed, 23 June 2004 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The thread is dead dude, let it rest in peace.

But yeah, everyone knows AE86s are over rated. It's Initial Ds fault. Still a good car, and I would love one if they where cheaper.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: SUPRA'S ARE OVER RATED Thu, 24 June 2004 10:23 Go to previous message
sprinters are over rated! there toyotas "Commonwhore" they way people go on about them Rolling Eyes
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My Avatar
Next Topic:good laser FAX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:04:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061440467834473 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.