Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Who else here brushes their tongue/palate (1) 1 Vote(s)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon5.gif  Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Thu, 17 June 2004 09:24 Go to next message

Who else brushes their tongue/palate?[ 44 vote(s) ]
1.You do it too?!? 25 / 57%
2.What the, you FREAK! 14 / 32%
3.No, but that's a damn good idea! 5 / 11%

Just saw a commercial for a toothbrush that also has a brush for your tongue!
I thought I was the only person in the world who brushed their tongue & palate!!

Who else here does it?

Send a private message to this user    
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Thu, 17 June 2004 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cant say i have and ever will!

thats what listering is for my friend!
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Thu, 17 June 2004 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
raises hand for tongue, but palate?? wtf??
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Thu, 17 June 2004 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i use my normal toothbrush to do it

brushing your tounge gets rid of sulphurus buildup (that causes 'shitbreath')

not so much your palate
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Thu, 17 June 2004 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Thu, 17 June 2004 19:32

technically known as halitosis
origin is from tonsolith exudate and sulphur compound production

/end nerd
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Thu, 17 June 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Thu, 17 June 2004 19:35

ae86drift wrote on Thu, 17 June 2004 19:32

technically known as halitosis
origin is from tonsolith exudate and sulphur compound production

/end nerd

okay NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD!

hehehe Razz
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Thu, 17 June 2004 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I do the palate because I figure that's what the tongue is up against all night so there must be some of that crap up there!
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Thu, 17 June 2004 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I knew other ppl brushed their tongue, but I honestly thought I was unique when it came to the palate. I reckon I've got OCD when it comes to brushing. I dread getting up in the morning coz I just know I'm gonna be there for half an hour brushing before I am satisfied with their cleanliness...... Laughing

Dunno about others, but the reason I brush the palate is because the surface of the tongue that has the sulphurus build up obviously comes into contact with the palate on a regular basis.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Thu, 17 June 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Thu, 17 June 2004 19:40

Well, I do the palate because I figure that's what the tongue is up against all night so there must be some of that crap up there!

beat me to it Nark Very Happy
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Thu, 17 June 2004 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jinx! Smile
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Thu, 17 June 2004 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think i have OCD with my car... Very Happy
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Thu, 17 June 2004 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha.... I reckon you might too Garth.....
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Fri, 18 June 2004 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I brush my tonuge. I have a slow liver, and apparently that's why I have problems with stuff building up on my tongue. The thing with your tongue is it's a rough surface and gets stuff stuck to it. Your palate is a smooth surface and I thing your tongue would scrape anything that would get stuck to it off.

I dunno, perhaps stuff does get stuck up there.
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Fri, 18 June 2004 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, I guess I cna try this, anything if it goes towards health and good breath.
Just the idea seems kinda weird and thinking bout the weird sensation. hmmmmm
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Sat, 19 June 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm a tongue brusher from way back

but my palate is too sensitive for a good scrub Rolling Eyes
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Sat, 19 June 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What the, you FREAK!

Having said that, maybe I'll give it a go anyway? I never really thought much about oral hygeine except to brush twice daily. I don't think my dentist/orthodontist ever mentioned brushing the tongue though when I asked him about it.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Sat, 19 June 2004 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perhaps it doesn't prevent gum decease or tooth decay, it just makes your breath less stinky. That may be why your dentist didn't tell you about it.

A problem I have is part of my tongue gets gunk on it, but when I brush it I gag. Stupid tongue.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Sat, 19 June 2004 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Perhaps it doesn't prevent gum decease or tooth decay, it just makes your breath less stinky. That may be why your dentist didn't tell you about it.
Probably! The whole gagging thing seems to be related to these two wierd little bumps near the back of the tongue - at least, that happens to me anyway.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Sat, 19 June 2004 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Who went home and tried this???[ 14 vote(s) ]
1.Yes 7 / 50%
2.No 4 / 29%
3.Seriously thourght about it 3 / 21%

Laughing Laughing Laughing

[Updated on: Sat, 19 June 2004 03:25]

no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Sat, 19 June 2004 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried it first time this morning, I was dry heaving!
Can a professional tongue brusher give us instruction???????
hahaha
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Sat, 19 June 2004 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I think it's going to take some level of practise...we need tips from the pro circuit for sure Laughing
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Sat, 19 June 2004 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i brush my palate, only cause i have started sleeping with my mouth open and i have a 1mm layer of shit all over my mouth ands it nasty
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Sat, 19 June 2004 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i tried it, but im not sure if im convinced, and to all you people that gagged, your brushing your tongue not your tonsils, dont put the toothbrush so far back
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Sat, 19 June 2004 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have crap all the way back there, so I brush back there.. *shrug* Oh and I have 4 lumps. There are two, then two more behind them. Very Happy

I find it best to do this while I am very ill. My gag reflex goes away when I'm realy sick.
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Sat, 19 June 2004 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the new tooth brushes for this are really good, Best advice i can offer for you gagging guys is be gentle and don't brush to far back, I know I gag to if I brush to far back, but your tongue and palate are not your teeth so need alittle extra care when brushing.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Sat, 19 June 2004 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one word "LISTIRINE"
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Mon, 21 June 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn, whoever dont brush there toungue mus have bad breath!! I brush till there is blood! Another funny thing, If I dont sleep enough, my teeth get sore!! Like today, after watching the F1 this morning...strange!
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Mon, 21 June 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Mon, 21 June 2004 22:20

Another funny thing, If I dont sleep enough, my teeth get sore!!

Mine do that too!
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Tue, 22 June 2004 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omg TWINS!! Laughing
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Tue, 22 June 2004 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've started brushing my palate after reading this thread and it's changed my life!

Thanks Dr Phil!

really I have and it is rather good.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Tue, 22 June 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Sat, 19 June 2004 13:49

Yeah, I think it's going to take some level of practise...we need tips from the pro circuit for sure Laughing

Dudes, you HAVE to brush as far back as you can on your tongue. I only brush the tongue and palate, not tonsils, yet I still get the gag reflex (well, used to). Just be patient, my fellow oral hygene brothers, it's mind over matter and you just gotta get used to it. First I brush back and forth to loosen up the shiznit and then when I can see it's turned into a kind of white paste, I start to brush in a circular fashion. Get that tongue sparkling! Don't forget to also brush right at the back of your gums, past your last tooth (wisdom teeth for those that still have 'em) as bits oft get caught there yo.

Good luck ya'll....... And ALWAYS rinse with a mouthwash post scrub. I find the Reach brand to be exceptional, but each to their own.

Peace Out Brothers.

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Tue, 22 June 2004 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, you have to brush pritty far back to get it all. It's just a gag reflex, it's not gonna kill you.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Tue, 22 June 2004 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seeming as everyone keeps going on about it, I tried brushing my palate. I dunno how you guys get around this, but I ended up seeing my breakfast. Eww. Back to just brushing the tongue for me!
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Tue, 22 June 2004 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Tue, 22 June 2004 15:13

Seeming as everyone keeps going on about it, I tried brushing my palate. I dunno how you guys get around this, but I ended up seeing my breakfast. Eww. Back to just brushing the tongue for me!

Really?! hahahahah

You're obviously not man enough for teh palate-brush. Laughing Razz
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Tue, 22 June 2004 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Obviously. back to girly tounge brushing for me!
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Tue, 22 June 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF are you doing?!?! I've never had a problem with brushing the palate!
How far are you jamming your toothbrush down your throat?!?!
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Tue, 22 June 2004 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i found the gag reflex went away after a while
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Tue, 22 June 2004 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Tue, 22 June 2004 17:26

WTF are you doing?!?! I've never had a problem with brushing the palate!
How far are you jamming your toothbrush down your throat?!?!

Obviously too far. I don't have trouble brushing my tongue. I can get my toothbrush pretty far back before it gets to uncomfortable.
psyche
Occasional Poster

December 2003
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Tue, 22 June 2004 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brushing your tongue is the only way to go. I never feel that minty freshness unless ive given it a thorough scrub. Very Happy

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Who else here brushes their tongue/palate Tue, 22 June 2004 22:25 Go to previous message
Cyber-punk wrote on Tue, 22 June 2004 18:24

i found the gag reflex went away after a while

You see guys - It aint all bad my brothers....... Patience is a virtue, my fellow oral scrubbers. Razz Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:cabbie got f&^$ed up
Next Topic:need help finding a program
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:12:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0083379745483398 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.