Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Wed, 01 September 2004 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 18:10

Methinks your oldie has too much money and too good a taste in cars Razz

Meh, they are both rice burners, im trying to convince him to get a porsche or a ferrari...

But he just wont bite the bastard!
  Send a private message to this user    
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Wed, 01 September 2004 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey back on topic!

Theres anothervaild point!

You dont see supercar makers building crappy FWD's do you!!!

They may have rear engine setups but no FWD!
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Front wheel drives Wed, 01 September 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's because FWDs are shit. Wink

If you are going to build a car for $100,000 that is designed purely for semi track/racing purposes...why try to build a good FWD car? It's a waste of time, you'll be able to build a better car for the purpose by using RWD.

And Honda S2000s are good stuff, not rice burners Razz
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Wed, 01 September 2004 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 18:47

That's because FWDs are shit. Wink

FINALLY YOU ADMIT IT!!!!!!!

The S2K is very very well engineered motor vehicle that goes like the clappers, and for its size and number of cylinders, produces more power than any other N/A motor but it is still a rice burner... Razz

And they are becoming like WRX's now becuase they are more affordable every poof with a bank loan is buying one to shlap 20" rims on it and an exhaust and then they think they are fully sick cruisers...

If it were mine, i would slap in the spoon cams, some lighter racing wheels with more width, theres some italian made rims that are 12" wide at the back due to the massif offset of the rear that allow 305 tyres, stainless steel 2.5" exhaust with subtle mufflers and some headers, then put the bitch on the farken track, which is what they were designed and built for!

10,000 rpm here we come

Oh and maybe some higher compression pistons, and see if we can crack 15:1
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Thu, 02 September 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Five pages of drivel.... Lookin good ma peeeps!!

Do club-rally cars have minimum weights?

if not - strip-out a RWD and ballast the mid-rear end, for super traction!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Thu, 02 September 2004 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this thread was over so long ago man, just get over it Rolling Eyes
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Thu, 02 September 2004 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I must've been offline when Toymods banned miscellaneous chit-chat/crapping-on about car stuff. What are the new rules for the forums?

Surprised

Seriously though - where can I find out about the Aus-delivered Sprinter's specs. I look like checking one out for a mate in the morning, or on the weekend.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Thu, 02 September 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Thu, 02 September 2004 17:50

I must've been offline when Toymods banned miscellaneous chit-chat/crapping-on about car stuff. What are the new rules for the forums?

This forum would close if they banned that!

hahaha

j/j
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Front wheel drives Thu, 02 September 2004 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wait a min... y whould u build a $100,000 fwd car in the 1st place Confused
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Fri, 03 September 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Thu, 02 September 2004 23:11

Becuase you were ghey ?

Razz

Then again the Alfa GTV is about $80,000 and thats FWD, ekgh!

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Front wheel drives Fri, 03 September 2004 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I *ugh* at you!!!

FWDs aren't *bad*, they just aren't the best platform if your SOLE use for a car is to take it off a trailer, do a few laps around a circuit, and then chuck it back on a trailer again.

If however you use cars for multiple purposes then they can be quite neat.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Fri, 03 September 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 11:44

rthy wrote on Thu, 02 September 2004 23:11

Becuase you were ghey ?

Razz

Then again the Alfa GTV is about $80,000 and thats FWD, ekgh!

Ghey with Aids, Hep-B and Hep-C !! Laughing

I've only ever read one review of a powerful, FWD Alfa that didn't power-understeer like hell, and try to tear the steering wheel out of the drivers hand with torque-steer. It was tricked-up by some european suspension tuning mob, however to exorcise most of its FWD demons, it apparently rode like a rollerskate over rocks. Driven in EVO magazine, june issue I think.

Not real useful for anything but track-work with suspension like that, eh FWDboy?
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Front wheel drives Fri, 03 September 2004 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know what you are getting at there ST184_sillycar...

But saying that FWDs are crap because some euro-engineers went loco on the Alfa isn't conclusive Razz I mean - I think it's a very unusual idea to make a FWD car that is only for track purposes, you certainly won't ever go quite as quick as a rear wheel drive car would. Basically, it's a case of triumph of engineering over the concept itself. I'm fairly sure that FWDs aren't as quick around most tracks as a RWD would be - stressing that there are other certain conditions that come with that statement.

old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Front wheel drives Fri, 03 September 2004 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wish I could lock threads...
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Sat, 04 September 2004 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Sat, 04 September 2004 02:47

I wish I could lock threads...

ahahahaha

Rolling Eyes
SoarerFury
Regular

April 2004

Re: Front wheel drives Sat, 04 September 2004 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some of the best handling cars around are fwd, it just got to do with what type of car it is.

i drove this piece of sh*t '84 saab 900 sedan, chalky paint and the rest, this car had great handling, it was fwd.

they just don't like it, because u can't drift in a rwd..u can't do a "sik burnnn-out mate". or something
SoarerFury
Regular

April 2004

Re: Front wheel drives Sat, 04 September 2004 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some of the best handling cars around are fwd, it just got to do with what type of car it is.

i drove this piece of sh*t '84 saab 900 sedan, chalky paint and the rest, this car had great handling, it was fwd.
better than my soarer somethings

they just don't like it, because u can't drift in a rwd..u can't do a "sik burnnn-out mate". or something
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Sat, 04 September 2004 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you will find that on track, in the same class, that fwd will be faster than rwd. My proof is blokes by the name of Laurie D'Lassio and Shane Seward driving in under 2lt street sedans(in a CRX|). The have won the state title(WA) for four consecutive years and also won the national title aswell. And to top it all off, they hold the lap record at Barbagello for the class.

Now i will agree that once you get up in the power stakes (above 300whp) that rear wheel drives seemed to be better suited.

But then again it was only a few years ago that in the WRC event in Corsica, the fwd Citroen was kicking everybody's ass, and there was no rwd to be seen.

Cheers

Jeff
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Sat, 04 September 2004 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Muhahahaha - just rile'n you up FWDboy. Laughing

I was just assisting the point made by Mr.1GGTE about the Alfa GTV (ehk).

I've read HEAPS of test-drive reviews on FWD's, and this was the only report on a powerful FWD didn't do all the nasty FWD things. The downside was that it was rendered an absolute mongrel for anything rougher than an autobarn/racetrack.

So there ya go - keep it under 130kw and there shouldn't be any problems!
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Front wheel drives Mon, 06 September 2004 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I could start arguing for RWD here if I wanted to Razz But I won't.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Front wheel drives Mon, 06 September 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWD r cool, we NEED FWD! CANT LIVE WITH OUT THEM!!! NEEEEDDD MORE!!!!!! Shocked
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Tue, 07 September 2004 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 22:49

FWD r cool, we NEED FWD! CANT LIVE WITH OUT THEM!!! NEEEEDDD MORE!!!!!! Shocked

yeah Rolling Eyes
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Front wheel drives Tue, 07 September 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Took me mums camry touring to go and get petrol, haven't driven it for a couple of weeks. Any how Going through one of the best streets in the local area, nice long flowing corners speed of aroun 80-90 as they tighten mid turn and cars on side of road. Third gear fulkl throttle coming out of the corner and you can hear it starting to pick up the inside wheel and spin. Fuck wit in a commodore waiting to turn right when about 30m away from him he comes out and I had already hit the brakes, stupid dick tried to take me out.
Of the next intersection with him sitting beside me him turning left me right, I wait until alll the traffics clear and then just dump it. Smoke pouring off the front wheels go the front wheel drives. I finally think the camrys more fun than the corona.
Coming home from school today, mate goes past in his 96 Laser liata. Follow him in the rona reeling him in slowing (pretty good considering he alraedy had plenty of speed up). Get to a roundabout both turning right, he pulls the hand brake up and does a pretty mad drift around. I slow down to about twenty in second and then boot it, slide it out of the roundabout and spin the wheels for about 30-50m up the road.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Thu, 16 September 2004 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 13:48

Off the next intersection with him sitting beside me him turning left me right, I wait until alll the traffics clear and then just dump it. Smoke pouring off the front wheels go the front wheel drives. I finally think the camrys more fun than the corona.

Dude: that's not cool!!

Give yo momma's poor camry a break!
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Thu, 16 September 2004 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V6 Camry's rock!!! they fucking fly! FWD too!
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Thu, 16 September 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Thu, 16 September 2004 18:20

V6 Camry's rock!!! they fucking fly! FWD too!

Maybe if you built an F3 or mini-Lemans car around a manual Camry V6 drivetrain......

Has anyone seen the "Radical S3" trackday cars?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Thu, 16 September 2004 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Thu, 16 September 2004 17:45

Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 13:48

Off the next intersection with him sitting beside me him turning left me right, I wait until alll the traffics clear and then just dump it. Smoke pouring off the front wheels go the front wheel drives. I finally think the camrys more fun than the corona.

Dude: that's not cool!!

Give yo momma's poor camry a break!

Dont listen to a wood he says!

HAMMER THE CRAP OUT OF YOUR MUMS CAR, thats what they are there for!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Thu, 16 September 2004 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey aren't the touring cars in the UK FWD'ers??? like the vectra's, mondeo's and stuff? why would they bother spending the money on them hey Rolling Eyes
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Fri, 17 September 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
last time I checked they were all different, the beemers were RWD, the Audis 4WD and the other gay ones were FWD hehehe
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Sat, 18 September 2004 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IT'S ALL FUCKING GAY SHIT!!!!!!!!!! Razz

I'm over it! I'm just gunna say every cars shit!!!!

regardless of drive there's always something wrong with every model!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Sun, 19 September 2004 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what happened mick?

did you blow something up?
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Sun, 19 September 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Na mate all's well. just bored shitless and was hoping to start something with that remark
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Sun, 19 September 2004 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Sun, 19 September 2004 11:56

Na mate all's well. just bored shitless and was hoping to start something with that remark

Nice try Rolling Eyes
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Sun, 19 September 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Sun, 19 September 2004 12:33

Nice try Rolling Eyes

Laughing I'll try harder next time
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Sun, 19 September 2004 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Sun, 19 September 2004 12:07

Nice try Rolling Eyes

FWD'S SUCK MAJOR PENISES!!!

see thats how you gotta do it Wink
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Mon, 20 September 2004 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Sun, 19 September 2004 13:32

mick wrote on Sun, 19 September 2004 12:07

Nice try Rolling Eyes

FWD'S SUCK MAJOR PENISES!!!

see thats how you gotta do it Wink

That's the spitit 1GGTE ! ! ! !

Ya gotta single-out one specific group of enthusiasts to flame. If you bag everyone, people just ignore you!

I've found it also helps if you try and explain WHY the group/vehicle(s) are ghey, and also demean the intelligence of the owners of said car(s).

For example:

V6 Camrys might be handy in a straight line (once they've stopped uselessly spinning wheels off the line), but try and turn a corner AND accelerate. Eh?? what happens geek?

Plough Understeer!

Thats right losers. At least the Toyota engineers make the steering so numb & lifeless in Camrys that you can't feel the torque-steer.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Front wheel drives Tue, 21 September 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Each to their own, they all have positives and negatives about each other.

THE END....
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Tue, 21 September 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Tue, 21 September 2004 18:07

Each to their own, they all have positives and negatives about each other.

THE END....

mate you are smoking crack if you think this is the end of the FWD vs RWD vs AWD thread, this is gonna be a never ending battle that will...errr....never end Rolling Eyes
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Front wheel drives Tue, 21 September 2004 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the end
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Front wheel drives Tue, 21 September 2004 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No it isn't...

*waits for mods to say 'the end'*
Bradelz
Regular

June 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Tue, 21 September 2004 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check out what 10KW can do!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/Trentelz/altoburnout.jpg
brad

[Updated on: Tue, 21 September 2004 09:55]

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Front wheel drives Tue, 21 September 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's digusting. Shocked
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Tue, 21 September 2004 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GO THE HANDIVAN!!

I have had a multitude of these cars between me and my mates, they ROCK!

We managed to bolt an SC12 up to one...It didnt last long Rolling Eyes

great fun tho!

Shame it was FWD...Rolling Eyes
Bradelz
Regular

June 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Tue, 21 September 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey man, lol that sounds awesome by the way its a 86 suzuki alto there pretty identical to the handivan, you probably couldnt tell because the whole front had been taken off Laughing
brad
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Tue, 21 September 2004 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was supercharged but it was still slow as a MOFO!!!

my mates sigma would beat it! Rolling Eyes
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Tue, 21 September 2004 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyotacrown76 wrote on Tue, 21 September 2004 19:54

check out what 10KW can do!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/Trentelz/altoburnout.jpg
brad

And it's Gold GOLD GOLD for Australia!!

(Smoke 'em if you got em)
Bradelz
Regular

June 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Wed, 22 September 2004 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHAHAHAHA Laughing Laughing Very Happy i did a huge arse one on sat but didnt get pics
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Wed, 22 September 2004 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyotacrown76 wrote on Wed, 22 September 2004 11:46

HAHAHAHAHA Laughing Laughing Very Happy i did a huge arse one on sat but didnt get pics

Well that doesnt help anyone does it...Razz
Bradelz
Regular

June 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Wed, 22 September 2004 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah it doesnt help many people, will get a pic of me doing a huge arse one this sat.brad
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Front wheel drives Wed, 22 September 2004 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

check this out

http://www.ehow.com/how_7676_determine-car-front.h tml

erm.. chances are if you need this website you can't open your bonnet anyway..
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Wed, 22 September 2004 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyotacrown76 wrote on Wed, 22 September 2004 12:28

yeah it doesnt help many people, will get a pic of me doing a huge arse one this sat.brad

How many wheel hubs have you chewed through champ?

I bought every disc brake one that Diasuzi had when I had mine becuase they would only last about a 3-4 weeks max!

Then we bit the bullet and welded them up, and then the CV joints went Rolling Eyes

You cant win with those cars, honestly
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Wed, 22 September 2004 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Wed, 22 September 2004 12:35

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

check this out

http://www.ehow.com/how_7676_determine-car-front.h tml

erm.. chances are if you need this website you can't open your bonnet anyway..

Funny stuff indeed but if youre gonna write something that simple then at least get it right! Audi 80's are FWD and they have a north south engine setup on the 2.6 litre model...

That is sooo funney tho

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Bradelz
Regular

June 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Wed, 22 September 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mr iggte, i have been through 2 cv joint seals dont know what else is goin to go wrong lol after this next burnout hopefully nothing
brad
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Wed, 22 September 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyotacrown76 wrote on Wed, 22 September 2004 12:56

hey mr iggte, i have been through 2 cv joint seals dont know what else is goin to go wrong lol after this next burnout hopefully nothing
brad

Do you mean the CV boots or is there a seal for where the halfshaft goes into the gearbox?
Bradelz
Regular

June 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Wed, 22 September 2004 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man it must be the boots i dont know much about FWD all i know is there good for handbrakies and burnouts lol.
brad
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Wed, 22 September 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indeed they are!

JUst remeber to post up more pics after the next effort ok! Laughing
Bradelz
Regular

June 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Wed, 22 September 2004 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha Laughing will be done, how about vids as well?
brad
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Wed, 22 September 2004 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You make em...Ill host em! Very Happy
Bradelz
Regular

June 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Wed, 22 September 2004 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah righto i'll see what i can do. brad
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Front wheel drives Wed, 22 September 2004 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
toyotacrown76 wrote on Wed, 22 September 2004 13:57

yeah righto i'll see what i can do. brad

Youll see what you can do is no where near good enough!

WE WANT VIDS WE WANT THEM NOW!!!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nar is ok whatever you can organise would be good champ! Very Happy

ps this thread ha been hijacked! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Pages (7): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Initial D Celica
Next Topic:AE86 imported for track/rally only? Approx cost?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:50:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010648012161255 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.