Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » INTEREST IN POSSIBLE SALE OF MY CAR???? MRTA22

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MRTA22
Regular

May 2002
INTEREST IN POSSIBLE SALE OF MY CAR???? MRTA22 Thu, 05 September 2002 09:20 Go to next message
Hi everyone, yes i am considering selling my car!!! Sad
There are pictures of it in the NSW members section although they are a bit old and the car has changed a bit since then,mainly in the engine bay. I have the engine out at the moment as i am tidying up the engine bay wiring a little more and also fitting custom inlet,polished pipes,different blow off valve,chroming bonnet hinges and latch etc. I have also recently fitted a Haltech computer and multicoils aswell. I have done around 200km of driving since getting it registered and i blew the clutch (not from thrashing either!!!! Slave cylinder stuck and held clutch slightly on) I have just had a new Exedy ceramic 4 puck made with heavy duty pressure plate and centreforce weights. Flywheel also machined and lightened slightly. The engine was running 20psi but now with the larger injectors i will be tuning it to run 30psi!!!! Everything is done with the exception of the diff although i can arrange it.

I have spent approx 1000hours on this car and if i cant get a decent amount for it then ill keep it. Also i will only sell it to an enthusiest and not just a wanker who wants to flog the crap out of it. I want someone who will give it the respect it deserves. My hompage has some info (although also outdated) www.froggy.com.au/jamie_colleen/home.htm

Offers over $15000 (yes its alot but come see it before judging it!)

Jamie.
  Send a private message to this user    
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: INTEREST IN POSSIBLE SALE OF MY CAR???? MRTA22 Thu, 05 September 2002 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't sell it bro... That car is awesome... DON'T SELL IT!!!!!!
MRTA22
Regular

May 2002
Re: INTEREST IN POSSIBLE SALE OF MY CAR???? MRTA22 Thu, 05 September 2002 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate believe me its the last thing i want to do, but i just bought a VS commonmodore (sorry guys Embarassed ) as i needed a car for both myself and the missus to drive that can be left in carparks etc. I have to see how i go paying it off and if i have no trouble then ill keep the celica. But if i do then it has to go Crying or Very Sad . The car has been in my family since 1976 and the thought of selling it makes me sick but i have to be realistic.

Jamie.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: INTEREST IN POSSIBLE SALE OF MY CAR???? MRTA22 Thu, 05 September 2002 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was one of the privileged few to go for a ride in Jamies car before he pulled the engine out and i have to say that without a doubt this car breaks concrete, it is a seriously fast car even at 20psi and under 5000rpm...

if you are a serious car enthusiast, you will not be dissapointed with this celica, it has the looks and the balls to back it up...

good luck jamie.

CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: INTEREST IN POSSIBLE SALE OF MY CAR???? MRTA22 Thu, 05 September 2002 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice car!!

just had a look at ya website, have ya had it on the dyno yet? what it put out?
alakasam
Regular

August 2002
Re: INTEREST IN POSSIBLE SALE OF MY CAR???? MRTA22 Thu, 05 September 2002 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*Drool*

Jamie

Your car inspires awe man...

That is one damn fine automobile

If i had more money then youd be getting an offer in a second..

If it aint to much trouble do ya think you could post some newer pics?

cheers
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: INTEREST IN POSSIBLE SALE OF MY CAR???? MRTA22 Fri, 06 September 2002 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jamie whats doing? you can't sell that its a one in a million car, i would buy it straight away if i won the lotto and if it was a RA23 Razz hope it all works out for you as i don't want to see you sell it and plus it would be heart braking seeing it wrapped around a telagraph pole Crying or Very Sad

hope it all works out for you and you don't have to sell it but if you do find someone to buy it let me know as i want to come over and have a look at it first Very Happy
MRTA22
Regular

May 2002
Re: INTEREST IN POSSIBLE SALE OF MY CAR???? MRTA22 Fri, 06 September 2002 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi fella's. Thanks for the replies!! (especially Rob!!)
I will try to get some new pics on early next week but my ftp folder is playing up so i have to sort that out first.
I am hoping to keep the car so i dont want to promise it will be for sale,however i would like to see if there is much interest out their for it so i know i can sell it if i have to.
Thanks again everyone.

Jamie.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 September 2002 08:24]

justinharwoodran
Regular

May 2002
Re: INTEREST IN POSSIBLE SALE OF MY CAR???? MRTA22 Fri, 06 September 2002 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well dude this is a shock! Don't sell it mate, you'll regret it a year or two later. Sounds like you better get your arse over to my place so I can talk some sence into you. Never sell your toys, just get an extra job to buy more. Its works for me and keeps the mrs happy!

Justin

SNEZR
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: INTEREST IN POSSIBLE SALE OF MY CAR???? MRTA22 Wed, 09 October 2002 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the car still for sale. I agree that it would be a shame for you to sell it but if you need the money, well you need the money. What sort of price did you have in mind. I know you say over 15K but what would you actually take.
MRTA22
Regular

May 2002
Re: INTEREST IN POSSIBLE SALE OF MY CAR???? MRTA22 Wed, 09 October 2002 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldn't go a dime under $15000! It is currently pulled apart again as im getting it flowcoated,custom inlet,ported head,cams,chromework in engine bay,diff conversion and also possible custom interior. So the more i do to it the more i want when i sell it. I know i will never get my money back but i also know that someone will come along one day and want it and pay the right price. I dont need to sell it and its really not for sale i just wanted to let people know incase i have to sell it saves chasing a buyer at the last minute and getting bugger all for it.
Hope that answers your question.

Jamie.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: INTEREST IN POSSIBLE SALE OF MY CAR???? MRTA22 Wed, 09 October 2002 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you decieded on a diff your gonna use yet Jamie?
chutz_pah
Regular

September 2002
Re: INTEREST IN POSSIBLE SALE OF MY CAR???? MRTA22 Thu, 10 October 2002 14:33 Go to previous message
you should never tade up a "silly car" for a "common whore"...
it's not kosher dude...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Corona Sports (bris)
Next Topic:Perfect HJ kingswood
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:59:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005828857421875 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.