Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! (2) 8 Vote(s)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Thu, 24 June 2004 12:33 Go to next message

ARE SPRINTERS OVER-RATED?[ 129 vote(s) ]
1.Hell Yes! 81 / 63%
2.Hell No! 48 / 37%

Everywhere i go, Sprinters are always being talked up, they are more expensive than what they are really worth these days due to this. . . the only thing going dor them is the power to weight ratio. basicly all they are is a 2 door corolla . . . but why don't the 4 door corolla's have a similar reputation to the Sprinter? it's because the Sprinters aren't as common and most tossers only dream about a car which i believe some will end up owning and become increasingly dissapointed. that's why i believe they are over-rated. (i did use the term "believe" as this is my opinion, not actual fact.)

Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Thu, 24 June 2004 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, you do know you've just started an almighty shit-fight?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Thu, 24 June 2004 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing

its popular due to the chassis balance and its fun to drive becuase of the revvy 4age

NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Thu, 24 June 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes . . . i do know how much shit i've started. . . that's what i did with the last Poll; "supra's are over rated" but it get's people talking Razz
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Thu, 24 June 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope, this one will be on a whole other level. You used the C word.
serge
Regular

June 2002
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Thu, 24 June 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only thing i like about sprinters is that their RWD.
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Thu, 24 June 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 24 June 2004 22:55

Nope, this one will be on a whole other level. You used the C word.

What's the "C" word?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Thu, 24 June 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Read over your post and think which word most (but not ae86drift cos he's dealt with his issues Wink ) will be offended by.
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Thu, 24 June 2004 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL! Corolla! hahahahaha. they just have to come to terms with it . . . just like the MA61 Supra/CELICA'S . . . same shit different stink. . . well, basically they are a 2 door corolla whether they like it or not.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Thu, 24 June 2004 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha JCMF .. just wait til the sprinter owners come on hahahah

im an ex owner and yeah they are fun with a gze in it ... dont think it would be much fun with a 4ac (no i have not driven with 4age before)

hmm good looking cars ... with the right kit / wing / wheels

but yeah overated Razz

celicas on the other hand .......... Very Happy
Henno
Regular

May 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Thu, 24 June 2004 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes there over rated
mainly because of initial d rite???
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Thu, 24 June 2004 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Thu, 24 June 2004 23:17

hahaha JCMF .. just wait til the sprinter owners come on hahahah

im an ex owner and yeah they are fun with a gze in it ... dont think it would be much fun with a 4ac (no i have not driven with 4age before)

hmm good looking cars ... with the right kit / wing / wheels

but yeah overated Razz

celicas on the other hand .......... Very Happy

What about celica's? Hrm? i'm guessing you know of my TA22 2TG then? celica's is a hard one love the shape . . . hate the insurence. but i wont mind the insurance when i get my soarer SC400
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Thu, 24 June 2004 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henno wrote on Thu, 24 June 2004 23:22

yes there over rated
mainly because of initial d rite???

yes, but the interesting thing is, throughout the series takumi gets such a big deal made out of him because he CAN win in the "outdated" 86. everyones reactions when they see him driving in the cartoon is "no fucking way, an 86 cant do that" and it gets called outdated and a piece of shit 86 amongst other things during the cartoons.

In australian form its overpriced, in japanese form, well i think that a light RWD car with a sweet engine and LSD is a bit of fun and commands a bit of a premium, mabye not as high as it is, but is an A9X torana worth 30K because the car is that good, or is a large component of that the "heritage" that comes along with it being what it is. GT HO shaker is another that comes to mind. people want em cos they won bathurst, people want 86's for various reasons, initial d being one of them.

truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Thu, 24 June 2004 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who really gives a hot turd, people buy cars for different reasons, i wouldnt buy an 86 to tow a caravan, i wouldnt buy a falcon wagon on lpg to fang through hills, horses for courses, different strokes for,.......etc

people buy cars to suit their requirements, and budget, for a lot of people this budget is low, with all of the speed cameras etc, handling becomes more important to some people than straightline speed.....

a lot of people prefer RWD and 5 speed manual, to a lot of other things so to SOME people sprinters are over rated but to other they will a gap just nicely

the end.....
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Thu, 24 June 2004 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*sigh* ANOTHER one of these.

Stock Sprinters suck. I don't think anyone can honestly say otherwise. On the other hand JDM Levins and Truenos are pritty cool, but over priced for what they are.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Thu, 24 June 2004 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
someone stop this guy from making polls. No No No No No No
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Thu, 24 June 2004 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i second that....nothing more needs to be said
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Fri, 25 June 2004 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Fri, 25 June 2004 09:06

Yeah, it was funny the first few times.
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Fri, 25 June 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes they are...
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Fri, 25 June 2004 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Fucking oath.. Sad
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 26 June 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wha . . . it makes something to do. . .
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 26 June 2004 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86 = classic Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

sprinter is overpriced because the lack of supply couldnt meet the demand for sprinters...

its like golf Rolling Eyes ...u think its a stupid sport at first..but u'll get hook to it once u manage to get the perfect hit once...

its all individual preference.... Smile

truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 26 June 2004 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satoshi wrote on Sat, 26 June 2004 13:32

its like golf Rolling Eyes ...u think its a stupid sport at first..but u'll get hook to it once u manage to get the perfect hit once...

sprinters and golf?? WTF? the only thing sprinters have in common with golf is that the 4ac would have trouble keeping up with a golf buggy
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 26 June 2004 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SPRINTERS! THEY SUCK! every drifter wannabe wants one. Razz (jokin)
I don't mine the sprinters but I'm starting to get really put off by all this talk about them. yes they are very over rated you may as well call them toyotas "commonwhore" there that over rated!

now that is very sad
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 26 June 2004 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sprinters are wanna be ma61s Razz...thats why so many owners want to buy the wheels and make them look similar isnt it Rolling Eyes
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 26 June 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just don't see the big go about sprinters?
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 26 June 2004 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

why? his polls I have read so far have all had a point too them

I'm with you NILE8U on this one mate they do get talked up about and ARE overrated there not all that specail thats why I called them toyotas "commonwhore" well you know commodores are overrated, so I'll call the sprinter, toyotas "commonwhore".
sorry sprinter owners no offence to you (except the ones who brought one because they seen one in a cartoon etc Rolling Eyes) but to the genuine owners of these cars (likes looks things like that etc) no grudge against you Smile
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sun, 27 June 2004 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truenosedan wrote on Sat, 26 June 2004 13:41

Satoshi wrote on Sat, 26 June 2004 13:32

sprinters and golf?? WTF? the only thing sprinters have in common with golf is that the 4ac would have trouble keeping up with a golf buggy

w00000000000tever Rolling Eyes
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sun, 27 June 2004 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't judge them if u don't own one or have eva driven one.
venzy
Regular

May 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sun, 27 June 2004 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Sat, 26 June 2004 18:13

I'm with you NILE8U on this one mate they do get talked up about and ARE overrated there not all that specail thats why I called them toyotas "commonwhore" well you know commodores are overrated, so I'll call the sprinter, toyotas "commonwhore".
sorry sprinter owners no offence to you (except the ones who brought one because they seen one in a cartoon etc Rolling Eyes) but to the genuine owners of these cars (likes looks things like that etc) no grudge against you Smile

WTF is this cartoon? and who the hell is Takumi? no noe ever answers this question for me Razz and why would people want a sprinter cos its been in a cartoon? AND WHY THE hell do sprinter drivers get paid out for wanting to be like takumi? i bet half of them have no idea who he is...like me Razz
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sun, 27 June 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
venzy wrote on Sun, 27 June 2004 19:54

WTF is this cartoon? and who the hell is Takumi? no noe ever answers this question for me Razz and why would people want a sprinter cos its been in a cartoon? AND WHY THE hell do sprinter drivers get paid out for wanting to be like takumi? i bet half of them have no idea who he is...like me Razz

are you being serious?

http://www.geocities.com/go2initiald/right.html
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sun, 27 June 2004 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He lives in a hole...and looks pretty angry (avatar)
venzy
Regular

May 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sun, 27 June 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lang wrote on Sun, 27 June 2004 20:08

venzy wrote on Sun, 27 June 2004 19:54

are you being serious?

http://www.geocities.com/go2initiald/right.html

i was being very serious. Thanks for the link. I still dont see why people wanting sprinters get so much shit....its a cartoon ffs. We dont give people shit for wearing red underwear cos thats what superman wears Smile

by the way, yeh sprinters are over rated Smile
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sun, 27 June 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there not over-rated, there a perfect car, a marvel of performance engineering, the car god's gift to drivers that want to battle on the touge.
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sun, 27 June 2004 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I kinda think it is funny that the word touge which looks french, but in its native language is pronounce TOO-GAY!
ILUSZN
Regular

April 2003

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sun, 27 June 2004 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sprinters, put plain and simple. Are just another car. You drive them around. you fill them up, you fix them. All part of the fun of owning a car.

They have a big following because they are a small, light car that just happened to be RWD. Not alot of RWD 4cylinders left unfortunately from toyota that are FR.

If you wanta sprinter because its what you saw on initial D. Then what pleasure will you get out of it. You will drive one (Especially aus spec) and think. WHY THE HELL DID I BUY THIS???

But if you appreciate the car. Want to spend the time and money on making if handle well, go well etc. Then well, they are not over rated.

Each to there own. I bought a sprinter because i liked them well before i even heard of initial D, I only saw initial D AFTER i bought my sprinter. I made sure it wasnt no shitty aus spec sprinter aswell and i put up the cash to make sure i had the rear disc, lsd, 4age etc etc.

Anyhow. i aint gonna go into it. I have seen alot of nicely presented sprinters, with then money spent on the right parts.. And i have seen some absolutely shite examples with money spent on all the wrong things.

Over rated. Not really, Same could be said for the Supra or GTR. It's a matter of opinion and choice.

BAH .. hehehhe had nothing better to do then reply hehehehe
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Mon, 28 June 2004 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, i just think you covered everysingle part of this poll. . . BUT. . . you mentioned sprinters done up. i feel that is one of the reasons they are over rated. people see this car a a "cheap fix" to street racing and drifting. you have to buy the car cause you LOVE the shape and feel of it. not cause some over indulgent prick has just spent $18,000 to his sprinter only for it to keep up with all the other factory cars and i'm just talking about the turbo four bangers. people are asking around $6000 for an aus spec with shiny wheels. . . $8000 will buy you a nice luxury toyota Soarer twin turbo. . . 14.1 seconds over the quarter mile and i'm talking about a 92 model. i seriously wouldn't pay no more than $2000 for the average sprinter. anymore and it's a waste of money. the reason for me bringing up the soarer issue is because of my interests with car brokerage, i've researched the market and done my homework on imports. the reason for the inflated price is because of demand after wanna be's see street racers and drifters in sprinters. . . the soarer is quicker than the skyline GTS-T but because of shitty flicks like The Fast And The Furious, these cars have been comercialised and the demand rises and sellers know they can put a few extra $$$'s on their rides. . . meanwhile, the soarer is not commercialised like these other vehicles so people don't see the cars racing so they aren't interested and the demand goes down and so does the price. as simple as that.
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Tue, 29 June 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone got anything else to add??? or are the sprinters "officially" over rated?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Tue, 29 June 2004 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you ever driven one?
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Tue, 29 June 2004 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wether or not they are overrated is in the eye of the beholder...for its age & the average purchase price i'd say its a bit rich but that has nothing to do with it being overrated..thats a supply/demand thing.

Its a shame a lot of kids these days look at cartoons like inital d and think they can be a fully sic drifter too but there's nothing that can be done about that short of a biotoxin that only attacks fully sic dorifto kings Laughing Rolling Eyes

fact of the matter is a sprinter is an enthusiasts car..you've gotta love what they have to offer & be prepared to get involved in the car...its all about passion. They certainly arent cheap to maintain & panels attract premium $$$ but for the enthusiast its part n parcel

with evey car theres pros and cons...if you dont the cons you move on...simple, go and buy a cheap import skyline...they're a dime a dozen these days

its not all about how fast you can go

my 2c
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Tue, 29 June 2004 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, i know where you're comming from there. the thing that worries me is all these hopefulls wasting their money on a car which they believe will rule the road. eg. the ones who get shut down after owning one realising that the aus spec ones are only to be laughed at performance wise. as for enthusiasts. i completely respect their interests in the car. like my mate with the 68 kombi. i think they're cool when they're restored to original. i know there are alot of enthusiasts out there who have a passion for old, very slow cars. i hold nothing against them. all i want is a fully stock and original MA61 supra or RA65 celica with the only mods being lowered suspention (realisticly lowered that is) or a 92 onwards soarer. you may call me crazy for being a member of a toyota modifiers car club but i would prefer and original stock car that's been well maintained. i got over the "lets go out and see how fast we can go" phase years ago.
dcleyne
Regular

November 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Tue, 29 June 2004 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The way I read that is...

"Pay out on Sprinter owners and get ppl to agree with me to make me feel better about buying a Supra or Soarer"... Really!?!?!?
Why didn't you start a poll instead that said 92 Soarer, Pimpin' Luxo-barge? and get feedback that way?

From my little experience, the Sprinter is a good, honest and fun little car and not much more. If you expect it to be better than that then you'll need to have deeper pockets. The same, however, can be said for all cars.

Cheers,
Dan
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Wed, 30 June 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no, you have it all wrong.first of all, i don't like the new supra's. but i'm not bias. i like the soarers because of their timeless styling and great handling without spending a cent more. the thing about the sprinters is aimed at an acute number of people who talk shit about them and think by putting a BOV on it they're gonna be the fastest thing on the road. i'd appreciate them more if every drifter wanna be didn't hassle for them, especially the dreamers who put up they want a sprinter but really don't have the money for them. i think any old car can be appreciated when stock standard. it's only the wanna be's that ruin great cars like the sprinters, the new supra's the VL commodores and so on. it shit's me to see all these wanna be's with oversized exgaust systems and massive chrome rims . . . but the engine sounds like shit. they are the people who give bad names to these vehicles, although the newer supras aren't quite there yet.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Wed, 30 June 2004 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried to read this thread but realised it was a waste of time. Sad .

How about you start an "I agree with NILE8U" thread so you know everyone who posts agrees with your opinions about supra's, sprinters, stock 92 soarers and then you can have a big discusssion about how right you all are and slap each other on the back and feel good about who you all are and where you are heading in your lives. Laughing . That way everyone's happy.
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Wed, 30 June 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and that they are rwd whereas most most are fwd
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Thu, 01 July 2004 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NILE8U wrote on Wed, 30 June 2004 16:10

no, you have it all wrong.first of all, i don't like the new supra's. but i'm not bias. i like the soarers because of their timeless styling and great handling without spending a cent more. the thing about the sprinters is aimed at an acute number of people who talk shit about them and think by putting a BOV on it they're gonna be the fastest thing on the road. i'd appreciate them more if every drifter wanna be didn't hassle for them, especially the dreamers who put up they want a sprinter but really don't have the money for them. i think any old car can be appreciated when stock standard. it's only the wanna be's that ruin great cars like the sprinters, the new supra's the VL commodores and so on. it shit's me to see all these wanna be's with oversized exgaust systems and massive chrome rims . . . but the engine sounds like shit. they are the people who give bad names to these vehicles, although the newer supras aren't quite there yet.

totlly agree with you. I don't care what anyone will say here, I owned a very nice WB Holden ute and it was all original on the outside even had the old holden hub caps (pulled them off later) under the bonnet was stock as well except for extractors and bigger carby etc, but it was never over the top in fact both of my cars have been fairly stock and i'd preffer both of them to any Sprinter due to the wanker factor Sprinters have and to people who say there fast this and fast that, you have to remember that "it's one thing to own a fast car.BUT, its another to drive it" Don't think that if you buy one you will be able to piss ball an R34 Skyline, owning a certain type of car does not make you the fastest driver on the road!( oh and big mags and huge arse exhaust systems won't make your car faster either!) sorry sprinter owners, I don't mind them, I just don't like there image. Smile they can be a nice car, just when idiots get to them and butcher them is when I hate them, the talk about them too kinda annoys me, besides that there ok but still overrated
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Fri, 02 July 2004 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick... ur a tool dude..

the whole point of owning a sprinter is for the DRIVE, not the SPEED (there is no straight line speed, unless u have a GTE or something).

sprinters dont have a wanker factor, there are only those wankers that buy them for the wrong reasons. and even then, those ppl wont hold onto the cars for long when they realise the massive outlays...

i bought my 86 for the way it drives, i know that no matter how much money i pour into it, its never gonna be as fast as say, my cousins s13 in a straight line. but then im already beating him in the hills, and i dont even have good sus yet!

anyways, to sum it up, i will agree on the point that 86's are overpriced, but not overrated. most ppl who say they are overrated have never even driven one.

case closed.
Drift Technician
Regular

March 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 03 July 2004 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My sprinter is slow as, harder to drift than a s13, comes standard with rust somwhere BUT is a hell of a fun car to drive without a doubt. It revs hard, corners well and is overall a better driving input car than most cars ive driven before.Initial D only basically shows what a good driving input car the sprinter is as well as the usual japanese morals crap storyline etc etc etc...... Its a cartoon people! Not real life. Hell i bought mine as a drift car because i wanted something challenging to drift (previous drift cars were sil80 and vl commodore) its everything I wanted as Im sure that a supra or soarer is everything someone else wants. Electric windows? no. Comfy interior? Gutted. Lots of spacious room? No. Boy racer at traffic lights? Lucky to outrun a Matiz. Bullshit "fully sik subwoofer bro" setup? No stereo at all. Because for me its a drift car. If i wanted a full luxury barge would of bought a Century or President. If I wanted a 1/4 mile racer would of bought any number of available imports. It comes down to what you want and what you like everyones goign to be different..........
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sun, 04 July 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

This poll is gay[ 26 vote(s) ]
1.with aids 26 / 100%

The sprintah is totally underrated....

http://members.optusnet.com.au/gianttomato/Sprints/driftbattle.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 04 July 2004 13:38]

levin_boi
Regular

March 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Tue, 06 July 2004 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i do believe that sprinters are over priced but in no way are they over rated. those who say they are over rated just havent felt the rush of hearing the redline stutter of each gear then gearing down to make that ever so tight hair pin corner. now i'm not saying i have done that but i do own a sprinter with a 4ac. i admit they are incredibly slow but power is not a priority for the 86 owners. the hachi is a classic. the fufilment u gett out of driving an 86 is incredible. i may b 16, i may have only had my 86 for a few months but god damn do i love my car. just because i am young people think, shit this guy only got an 86 cos of initial d. wrong. i remember seeing this car when i was 12 with my cuzin and saying shit thats a nice car and from then on it was 86 all da way. but in all seriousness it all lies within the buyer. if the price for n 86 is too high, dont buy the shit. but in now way is it over rated.

holla
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Tue, 06 July 2004 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my sprintah is better dan yours!

http://www.rollamods.com/witzl/AE71%20conversion/pmp80y.jpg
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Tue, 06 July 2004 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Tue, 29 June 2004 12:44

have you ever driven one?

Says it all really. Yes, Aus spec Sprinters are gutless. Yep, you might have to fork out a few extra hard-earned dollars for one. It'll cost you money to fix the rust, & more to make it go like a shower of shit. Even then, it won't be the fastest car on the road. Your R34 N1 Spec GTR would look pretty sad getting ripped by a McLaren F1. But, before you start/Contribute to a poll like this, ask yourself that question. Have you ever driven one? Cause if you have, I swear you would have had a great time driving it. Fun car. Gotta go- the sprinter needs fixing Smile
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Thu, 08 July 2004 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Fri, 02 July 2004 22:56

mick... ur a tool dude..

the whole point of owning a sprinter is for the DRIVE, not the SPEED (there is no straight line speed, unless u have a GTE or something).

sprinters dont have a wanker factor, there are only those wankers that buy them for the wrong reasons. and even then, those ppl wont hold onto the cars for long when they realise the massive outlays...

i bought my 86 for the way it drives, i know that no matter how much money i pour into it, its never gonna be as fast as say, my cousins s13 in a straight line. but then im already beating him in the hills, and i dont even have good sus yet!

anyways, to sum it up, i will agree on the point that 86's are overpriced, but not overrated. most ppl who say they are overrated have never even driven one.

case closed.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=35676&start=0&rid=5233&S=ab47bee065a 1980c4fc372d36b7f8b6f

drifter boy, and you call me a tool? Twisted Evil

futher more

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=38495&start=0&rid=5233&S=ab47bee065a 1980c4fc372d36b7f8b6f

just because you own a sprinter doesn't give you the right to say I'm boring for driving a camry. this is the reasons why i say wankerfactor, with that attiude you should go out and buy a commodore. it would suit you well Rolling Eyes I mean you have the attitude and all to think yours is Superior to the other cars.so that means your the tool dude you have just proved my point Twisted Evil

case closed

[Updated on: Thu, 08 July 2004 11:40]

bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sat, 10 July 2004 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I confess aus spec sprinters are over price and over rated, jdm truenos and levins too, but theres a big diference in a jdm sprinter and a s13 etc in driving Smile something unique
True confessions of a serial drifter
JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sun, 11 July 2004 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fact a), you are ugly
fact b), you're mum thinks you're very hansom
fact c), when i have her bent over she tells me the truth.......

seriously, differng opinions are why there are so many different cars on the road, yes sprinters are expensive for a two door commuter car, .......but so is a f*&king ferarri!!!!!!!!!!

lastly, most of the wannnabeeee dorifto gods dont have cars(or licenses for that matter, something to do with being 15years old) and most of them certainly dont own sprinters...
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sun, 11 July 2004 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jesus some people have no idea. why are people saying that Sprinter's are over-rated? just because wannabe drifters say they want one, or because a few people bought them cos of Initial D. its a load of fucking shit, no one ever hears actual Sprinter owners blowing their own horns do they? no!! its everyone else that dont own Sprinters that say they are over-rated, yet they have never driven one, or even been in one. and again, their price doesnt make them over-rated, thats just the popularity of them which has caused the price to rise.

i bought my Sprinter becuase no other car appeals to me the same way, and the Sprinter was the answer to all the things i wanted:
1. small and light.
2. rwd and 2 doors ( the 2 doors werent a necessity, but shit coupes look nice).
3. relatively cheap if you have bought one at the right time.
4. fucking fun to drive, easy to modify.
5. for a fairly rare car, theres still a lot of parts to be had.
6. they look good, and are reliable, and they can be made to perform really well.

so if you dont like Sprinter's, thats fine, but if you havent driven one then dont comment, and its not Sprinter owners that keep talking about them and bragging about them, its others that talk them up and keep whinging about them, and thats what gives everyone the shits. Smile

Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Sun, 11 July 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the sprinters in aus are simliar to the silvias in america. They both need a lot of work to get close to jdm spec and this really does make them an enthusiasts car. If people put in the time and the money they'll reap the rewards. If they dont chances are they'll think the cars over rated
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Mon, 12 July 2004 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like my AE86's Smile
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Mon, 12 July 2004 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the kid and i say KID that posted this discussion is a tit
i know him cuz he comes into my work and knows everything
"KNOW ALL KNOW ALL KNOW FUCK ALL"
he probally has not got his pocket money for the week to spend on lollies so he posted this stupid post just to piss people off
his knowledge is from reading books and not from first hand experiance on these cars

drive 1 of these cars with a little work done on it and you will always be smiling when you are in the drivers seat
not many cars offer this grin factor
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: SPRINTERS ARE OVER-RATED!!! Mon, 12 July 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
The sprinter is not the fastest car i've owned, nor does it have the best braking or corner exit speed. But its by far and away the most entertaining and enjoyable car i've ever owned.

And thanks to the input / advice from this forum and its members, the drive has become even better.

James

And against the initial statement made by NILE8U, the sprinter does not have a good power to weight ratio.
Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Happt St. Pats Day
Next Topic:Truck nudged me at the lights today
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:00:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0098612308502197 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.