Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » KE Corolla dedicated thread.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
goonman86
Regular

September 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 18 April 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah its chads old girl why do you no him? im mates with him you seen his new white one?
  Send a private message to this user    
nathos
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 19 April 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey every1, i need help with brake upgrades, ive changed my mind a again, goin rotor and thats my final decision Shocked Very Happy i will be running a 13bt just curious about what brake setup i should get and struts and stuff? if some1 can help it would be good thanks guyz
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 19 April 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont know him but a few of my mates know him. apparently his new 1 is a peice of shit that blows heaps of smoke Laughing
tax.job
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 19 April 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys heres some pics of my 1973 corolla ke20.

www.pbase.com/taxjob
Peachey
Regular

January 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 19 April 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"hey every1, i need help with brake upgrades, ive changed my mind a again, goin rotor and thats my final decision i will be running a 13bt just curious about what brake setup i should get and struts and stuff? if some1 can help it would be good thanks guyz"

Im taking a similar route with the KE30, and I need some ideas for brakes and suspension. Any ideas, I will be running a Hilux diff if that helps.

Cheers,
Peachey

[Updated on: Tue, 19 April 2005 10:45]

Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 19 April 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am going to look at a T series diff on Saturday which has been modified to bolt straight into a ke25. It was used for racing, also looking at a pair of celica struts to boolt straight into a 25 with pintara rotors and another type of caliper. When i go to check them out i'll let you know how they are.
Also if anyone needs some panels/stuff for a ke20/25 in Sydney i have some up for sale, i need to get rid of stuff it, as it taking up space. So if your interested PM me on here.
Cheers
Michael
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 19 April 2005 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nathos wrote on Tue, 19 April 2005 17:58

hey every1, i need help with brake upgrades, ive changed my mind a again, goin rotor and thats my final decision Shocked Very Happy i will be running a 13bt just curious about what brake setup i should get and struts and stuff? if some1 can help it would be good thanks guyz

See an engineer on the 13b turbo but from memory i don't think you'll be able to do it. You'll be better with a 12a non-turbo. But see an engineer first before making a jump.
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 19 April 2005 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
towe_001 wrote on Wed, 20 April 2005 01:59

nathos wrote on Tue, 19 April 2005 17:58

See an engineer on the 13b turbo but from memory i don't think you'll be able to do it. You'll be better with a 12a non-turbo. But see an engineer first before making a jump.

yeah from memory the biggest rotor that can be engineered in a ke20 is a 12a N/A so i doubt you'll b able to engineer a 13bt ke20
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 20 April 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys just a quick question to those guys who are running celica T50's in the 4ages what type of clutch were you using? And does it bolt straight up to the 4age bellhousing? Sorry for the question i just wasn't sure.
Any help is much appreciated.
Cheers
Michael
nathos
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 20 April 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in victoria they are very lenient about engineering, and i was told that a 13bt can be engineered, but ill talk more about that later Laughing but if ne1 can help me out with brakes and suspension that would great, i searched and found nothing, some people are saying commodore brakes other people have said volvo 4 spots, so i have no idea

thanks guyz
kehamer
Regular

January 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 20 April 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh, once reading one of stewarts posts (oldcorollas) he said that 13bt's are illegal because of the ke20s weight and shit. victoria not sure about and....

need the 2 corner bits from next to the ke20 headlight surrounds and also a drivers side mirror if anyone can help??
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 20 April 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=65747&rid=5461&S=dda1dc4ce8208e4c60fc900 97d6da742&pl_view=&start=0#msg_610283

read this may help you

its not HEAPS helpful but, datsun struts are mentioned which leads to s13 brakes etc,

im still only in the mental planning stage with my ke20, and 1 option i have come up with is to use an s13 diff, datsun struts and s13 brakes...

somthing to think about.

[Updated on: Wed, 20 April 2005 08:44]

Trent-KE30
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 20 April 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys i got another registered 78 KE30

http://img177.echo.cx/img177/3105/rolla19nr.th.jpg
http://img80.echo.cx/img80/5749/rolla23hr.th.jpg
http://img191.echo.cx/img191/866/rolla31ik.th.jpg
http://img191.echo.cx/img191/458/rolla49rq.th.jpg
http://img191.echo.cx/img191/2933/rolla57rf.th.jpg
http://img201.echo.cx/img201/1843/rolla63ah.th.jpg

Got it for $500 all it needed was a registration renewal, so i got that and insurance for $700,
Basically its a stocko, a elderly woman had owned it for the past 15 years and always garaged, though saying that she wasn't the best of drivers it has a couple of slight dents in the front, which i'am getting fixed in the near future, also some rust which was repaired, although there is some coming out of the fuel tank area now, so ill have to attend to that asap.

Only things i've done to it are put high tension ignition leads and my rear sun lourve thing off my other KE30, its also got 2 granny cushions on the parcel shelf Smile

Stock AM radio which is great for my music liking Razz

Planned modifications are,
-Head work ( i work at a engine reconditioning place so i can get it done for cheap.
-Different steering wheel as the original one's horn is very touchy lol (even when turning corners)

anyway that's about it for now im only on my L's so not to much to do,

Cheers Trent (sorry for the essay Razz )
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 21 April 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys i got the mounts today for my 4age!! finally(3 weeks late)!! I have taken some pictures and i'll put them up tonight for those who were interested.
Cheers
Michael
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 21 April 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Micheal

i may have to get the template of the mounts you got in the near future, just depends on what engine i decide for the ke20 Rolling Eyes
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 21 April 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hjey lenny i saw chads rolla yesterday it looks allrite but it blows heaps of smoke
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 21 April 2005 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK here are some pics:
http://img80.echo.cx/img80/125/pict02844ac.jpg
http://img80.echo.cx/img80/4307/pict02858tq.jpg
http://img80.echo.cx/img80/8199/pict02867cl.jpg

Ke35 4agze it may be a bit hard. I don't have the templates i just took them to a metal fabricators and they copied them. But if you want i could get a set made for you with out the holes drilled then you set them up yourself to what you want.
Cheers
Michael
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 21 April 2005 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not bad mate. They look good
Peachey
Regular

January 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 22 April 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone know if this will fit a KE30 sedan, otherwise does anyone know what is required to get this into one.
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 22 April 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Megz,

that might be a better option but il pm u when im gonna put the engine it.

thanks
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 22 April 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thats fine ke35-4agze.
Yeah they do look good ay.
Michael
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 22 April 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KE70's are fun!!

http://www.users.on.net/hydra/celixx/spiritslide.jpg
KE70panelvan
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 22 April 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anybody know what the old corolla is on the hi-performance 3 video?
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 22 April 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think it might be Mr Enforcers 12a turbo ke20 mayb if that is the right 1... just guessing

Megz, yeah the mounts look good, are u going to use ta22 rubbers??

Hell yeah ke70's are heaps of fun!!!! especially in the rain if u are only runnning a 4k-c lol

[Updated on: Fri, 22 April 2005 03:15]

Peachey
Regular

January 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 22 April 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peachey wrote on Fri, 22 April 2005 11:43

Does anyone know if this will fit a KE30 sedan, otherwise does anyone know what is required to get this into one.

Sorry I forgot the link:
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=66626&start=0&rid=9161&S=fcc95585f80 007e491694caf734f252d

Peachey

[Updated on: Fri, 22 April 2005 04:14]

Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 22 April 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It doesn't work mate
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 22 April 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke35 - 4AGZE wrote on Fri, 22 April 2005 13:13

Megz, yeah the mounts look good, are u going to use ta22 rubbers??

Yeah its just the Ta22 rubber mounts.
Michael
Peachey
Regular

January 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 22 April 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peachey wrote on Fri, 22 April 2005 13:25

Peachey wrote on Fri, 22 April 2005 11:43

Sorry I forgot the link:
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=66626&start=0&rid=9161&S=fcc95585f80 007e491694caf734f252d

Peachey

should work now. Sorry about that.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 22 April 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Surprised

[Updated on: Fri, 01 July 2005 02:10]

EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 22 April 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he doesnt muck around does he Very Happy

should also mention that said corolla wagon took out drivers champion at summernats this year

[Updated on: Fri, 22 April 2005 07:26]

goonman86
Regular

September 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 22 April 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah chads new one is neat but its only a 3k auto Laughing he is puting the 2tc that i pulled out of mine into his white one. oh and ive got all the parts for me 3tgue now so ill work on that next week and put it in next week end
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 22 April 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ha ha auto Laughing Laughing Laughing
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 22 April 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if anyone is interested i have a set of engine mounts to bolt a 4AGE into a KE series corolla. Will fit KE30-KE55 ok unsure of anything below that but they should still fit im just not 100% sure of is the crossmembers are a little bit different in the KE20/25's.

i was going to do a 4AGE conversion in my KE55 but its been shelved in favour of a 3SGE so i no longer have a need for em.

PM me if you want pics

(they are TA22 rubber mounts with custom side engine mounts)

im after $200 FIRM which is wat i paid for them. they are second hand but i havent used them and they are in very good condition. will post anywhere at buyers cost
RollAwaY
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 23 April 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm sent Smile
nathos
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 24 April 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey every1, wondering if brakes from a s2 rx7 would a be a good option for the front brakes for a ke20 ?

cheers
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 24 April 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they would... but it wont be much of an upgrade
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 24 April 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you were going to do that why wouldn't you go to something newer. Like EMP-2TG said it wouldn't be much of an upgrade. I am sure the mazda boys have something worked out where they have upgraded their earlier series brakes to newer brakes. Say s4/5? Just a suggestion and i am sure it all comes down to how much money you plan to spend
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 24 April 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i checked out these struts and diff today... BLOODY AWESOME!!
I will pick them up next week.
I am getting:
-Ta22 struts with KYB inserts and professionally bent to provide 3degrees neg camber and St185 rear springs lowered.
-Crossed drilled and vented Pintara Rotors
-Commodore calipers with Bendix Ultimates(About 70% left on them)
-Celica Ta22 diff, locked fully setup to bolt straight into a ke25!
Plus a free set of wheels to suit for $500!
Cheers
Michael
NickZ
Regular

February 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 24 April 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im about to fit the RA40 struts to my KE30, The rotors and contact patch is huge over the original.
I have also just fitted a SC12 and 4K-E injection on a mates car.
4KZE with microtech DIGI ECU, We did think we where running 5-6 psi boost but in the last few hours we found the belt on the crank has been slipping, so now replacing the belt (the original we where using would be 10 years old) 9PSI boost but it broke that belt.
so tomorrow well add another pully and belt to stop the slipping, twice the grip should fix that problem.
http://users.bigpond.net.au/nickhay/images/4kze/4kze.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/nickhay/images/4kze/4kze1.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/nickhay/images/4kze/4kze2.jpg
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 24 April 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holly crap that is fnkin awsome, i want it ,that is hardcore Shocked Shocked Shocked
Josho
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 24 April 2005 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KE70panelvan wrote on Fri, 22 April 2005 13:08

does anybody know what the old corolla is on the hi-performance 3 video?

on HPI v3?

That 4A-GZE KE70 drift car...?

Nick, that 4K-ZE is freakin' insane! Very Happy

[Updated on: Sun, 24 April 2005 13:32]

domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 25 April 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree the 4K-ZE is horn! did he buy the efi gear off a guy on the forums?

ive got my new diff from Megz going to fit it next weekend before i do ill make a mission down to pick and payless and grab some gas shocks for the rear (saw a few sets down there, one was STIFF as shit too!) so my cars gona bounce more than ever. also gona pick up a proper ke55 front lip and get rid of the datsun peice of shit i have on it atm.

megs ive seen people using twin master cylinders on ke20/25 corollas as apposed to a bigger master cylinder and brake booster which would be good in your case as the converison i saw allowed more room meaning ull have more clearance on the intake.

ive been looking for the pics ill find em soon.

Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 25 April 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Dom, if you could get some pictures that would be awesome!
Cheers
Michael
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 28 April 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
were did the rocker cover come from and wat sort of efi and super charger did u use that is awsome i want
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 28 April 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like a sc12 s/c(Correct me if i am wrong). There was a certain type of k engine which had efi didn't it?

NickZ
Regular

February 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 28 April 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the EFI is of a 4k KP Starlet from NZ, I bought it from a guy from rollaclub, The tappet cover is needed for it to fit.
The EFI alone will not give increased HP, infact a single webber carb will give more power.
The Supercharger is a SC12 off a MR2 4AGZE that with the EFI make is go well.
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 28 April 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Nick if you're going to shove a 6 in the corolla what you going to do with the 2tg??
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 28 April 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok cool. i is thinkin some evil thaughts Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
goonman86
Regular

September 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 28 April 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the 4kze looks just as good in real life pitty the car is a bit rough look out for it ke30 green black bonnet white wheels
says 4kze on the rear of the boot
Josho
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 28 April 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goonman86 wrote on Thu, 28 April 2005 22:24

yeah the 4kze looks just as good in real life pitty the car is a bit rough look out for it ke30 green black bonnet white wheels
says 4kze on the rear of the boot

White ET Pulsar wheels? I swear that car tryed to get me to run him in town a while ago. Didn't bother... Razz
NickZ
Regular

February 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 29 April 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont think the 1GGZE is going to happen, So im not selling yet.
Josho....He does that all the time. But ATM you would beat him. coz it keeps breaking belts of the SC.

We will have to get everyone together, we had a bit of a Rolla showing last night4X ke30s and 1 KE70
KE70panelvan
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 29 April 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how come you mate didn't use the bigger sc14 blower??
would it be to big?? Confused
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 29 April 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How many people in Tas have old rollas? There seems to be a few on here!!
Michael
NickZ
Regular

February 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 29 April 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think us Tasmanians are over running this thread.The last 6 posts are Tassies posts.

KE70panelvan...The SC14 is really too big for a 1300 engine.
Physical size and displacement. The SC12 will provide Plenty of air its not really about PSI. A supercharger speeds the air flow up the, fact that it compresses it (boost PSI)is the engine cannot take in anymore air so it builds up.
I can get 13PSI with the current pulley (which is way too much than I wanted and too much for this SC) shows I dont need bigger, Im aiming for aprox 6-7 PSI at max revs. at the moment I get 10PSI just opening the throttle at around 1300-1500RPM
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 29 April 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I made a bit of a shitty site on my corolla a while back, forgot about it so the cars a bit different now, but have a look

http://ke55.1colony.com/

I know it's not finished. I will probably change the whole thing soon anyway
goonman86
Regular

September 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 29 April 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i was there in me read girl um nik motor was going in tonight but im to cold and ran out of smokes and im had to meny beams to drive dads car in and get more somkes but i might bring it to town satday night with the 3tg in to give it a little run in maybe. i still think we should get all the ke rollas in town and go for a drive some where. oh yeah and i so want to beat a commodore Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 29 April 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muaythaiman wrote on Fri, 29 April 2005 20:51

I made a bit of a shitty site on my corolla a while back, forgot about it so the cars a bit different now, but have a look

http://ke55.1colony.com/

I know it's not finished. I will probably change the whole thing soon anyway

Hey, just had a look at your site, pretty cool. At least your car is on the road. I have hardly even begun and it wont be finished for quite some time.
Check out my first attempt at a web site. It is a work in progress just like my car Laughing .

Brad
Josho
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 29 April 2005 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NickZ wrote on Fri, 29 April 2005 11:03

Josho....He does that all the time. But ATM you would beat him. coz it keeps breaking belts of the SC.

We will have to get everyone together, we had a bit of a Rolla showing last night4X ke30s and 1 KE70

Now I know his weakness I'll run him next time I see him. Laughing
Is the 4K stock internaly?

It would be good to meet up with all the KE drivers. I've seen a few slightly modded KE70s around lately as well... I know I'm not the only insane one now.

You were out Symmons Plains when I was running weren't you Nick? I swear I remember seeing your car on the hill a few times.

[Updated on: Fri, 29 April 2005 15:19]

NickZ
Regular

February 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 29 April 2005 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes i was....i was impressed that you where having a go, I was going to but didnt have the tires to race.
Josho
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 30 April 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
I was annoyed I didn't get put up against the 120Y. That was the only thing slower than me. Laughing

Anyone know what is in that Red KE70 that hangs around town sometimes?
Pages (22): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms
Next Topic:starlet GT
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:37:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0121750831604 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.